PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell!!!

CryingForTheHorses
01-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Im astonished and very disaponted after reading this morning Miami Herald Sports with the 3yo male eclipse award finalists.

Birdstone
Kitten's Joy

Something is very wrong with this picture
Where is Smarty?..Geeze here is a 3yo beaten 1 lenth in his whole life winner of the KD, Preakness earned 8 million!! Granted Birdstone was the only horse to beat him because of a bad ride.Something is very wrong with the way people think!!.So what if the Chapmans danced aroud Smarty questions, This horse won the most COVETED race in Americian Racing history. He made 8 millon,He was undefeated.The horse deserves to win this award, Just like he deserves Horse of the year, I cant wait to hear all the excuses from you guys!..Here was a horse who was hurting so bad he limped after his races,You know and I know a injustice has been done, Im very sorry for all the Smarty Fans including myself. Did The Herald forget Smarty..Is This a mistake??

Zaf
01-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Impossible, Must be a mistake.

ZAFONIC

Buckeye
01-23-2005, 10:20 AM
He's there.

http://drf.com/eclipse/2004/finalists/3c.html

As for H.O.Y., try telling just about any average anybody that it's Ghostzapper. They'd say "who?"

Buckeye
01-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Anyway,

There are no actual finalists at all until Jan.24th.

from the same link above:

HORSE OF THE YEAR
PLEASE NOTE: The horses listed below are possible Horse of the Year finalists, not the actual finalists. The Horse of the Year finalists will be announced during the Eclipse Awards ceremony, to be held Monday, Jan. 24, 2005 at the Regent Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills, California.

CryingForTheHorses
01-23-2005, 10:33 AM
He's there.

http://drf.com/eclipse/2004/finalists/3c.html

As for H.O.Y., try telling just about any average anybody that it's Ghostzapper. They'd say "who?"

Reading further, I see they have mentioned just the 2 of them because they have raced in S Florida..Whew!!
I think Smarty will win HOY

Binder
01-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't understand this
Smarty was unbeaten giong into
the Belmont He had a whole city and area
rotting for him
What about the 8000 people who watched
his workout !!! What about the owner and rider of birdstone Crying after the Belmont "I'M so Sorry!!!"
He came in a hurting second in a race that would have put him for ever in the record books
very sad
Go Eagles you too like Smarty will be
Philly's champion

Tom
01-23-2005, 11:12 AM
The eclipse awards are nothing more than a joke. Unitl they allow everyone who buys a $2 win ticket to vote, they remain nothing more than a popularity contest amoungst a closed group of insiders.
And Birdbath is the biggest joke of them all. :D

toetoe
01-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Binder,
Your "logic" is going to jinx your beloved Iggles, I fear. But they can still be TOY -- Team Of The Year -- if they lose and have a huge following, and afterward all retire due to "injury."
Tom,
You're right, but all awards are jokes. The better team wins the final and gets a trophy. Shouldn't that be enough? That brings me to the Russell Baze thing. The guy gets no credit for piling up stats, which the naysayers make their living trumpeting on radio, in print, online. They want us to keep track right along with them, but then they tell us this one or that one is meaningless. Crap! I can play that game by saying Shoemaker and Pincay were beating average jockeys in California and Illinois in the 60's and rarely tried the Eastern circuit. Of course I don't know whereof I speak, but see how easy it is? And oh, such fun. Build 'em up .. little higher, okay, right there .. great ... now tear 'em down! Baze has the greatest agent going, Ray Harris, and he knows it. But he still has to go out and do it. Nobody tries to cheapen the records of Van Berg or Baird, small-track wizards. I don't idolize the guy, I just take him for what he is -- a hard working winner.

Binder
01-23-2005, 01:44 PM
ToeToe
If the Eagles lose today No way they are team of the year
Unfortunatly It seems Smarty is like all the teams that lose the Superbowl
all the hype then no respect

Tom
01-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Between Birdseed and Smarty, which horse would you have rather owned during the year? Which one gave the better ride for your vet bills?

kenwoodallpromos
01-24-2005, 01:19 AM
They must target the winners of the biggest races for awards.
Smarty was the 1st winner of the Red State Triple Crown. He should at least be Confederate HOY.

Buckeye
01-24-2005, 07:19 AM
They must target the winners of the biggest races for awards.
Smarty was the 1st winner of the Red State Triple Crown. He should at least be Confederate HOY.

at the very least. Great analogy.

SJ was the defining horse of 2004 even if the blue bloods fail to see that!

But I think they will and Smarty will be "inaugurated" :cool: