PDA

View Full Version : deceleration

46zilzal
01-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Deceleration is NOT as often a repeating characterisitic as velocity ON DIRT. Often find the best decelerating lines are oddballs and not accurate.

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Deceleration is NOT as often a repeating characterisitic as velocity ON DIRT. Often find the best decelerating lines are oddballs and not accurate.

If the decelerating lines are not accurate and that is what you use to determine deceleration, then it logically follows that you cannot make the statement that deceleration is not a repeating characteristic. It may only appear that way because of the deceleratiion line inaccuracy presenting you with false information.

In other words, we should not use an inaccurate tool to measure anything and then draw conclusions from those inaccurate measurements.

46zilzal
01-22-2005, 07:26 PM
If the decelerating lines are not accurate
Deceleration does not reproduce..all I said

Qwikpace
01-22-2005, 07:39 PM
What formula(e) do you use to calculate deceleration? Or do you use one of Sartin's computer programs which does it automatically?

Qwikpace

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Deceleration does not reproduce..all I said

And all I said was that you cannot say that deceleration does not reproduce unless you have an accurate means of measuring it. It may be that you are right, but if an inaccurate line is used to determine whether it does or not, then the conclusion may be wrong.

kenwoodallpromos
01-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I believe you that horses' pp's may show a more constant velocity than deceleration;but
ultimately deceleration(stamina) and velocity(early speed average) are the only two things that determine what time a horse will finish in. Everything else causes variation in those 2.
The better you can predict which horse will have the best combination of fast velocity and slower develeration, the more bets yoiu win on the nose.

46zilzal
01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
What formula(e) do you use to calculate deceleration? Or do you use one of Sartin's computer programs which does it automatically?
the latter

46zilzal
01-22-2005, 08:29 PM
If the decelerating lines are not accurate .
Why would one use anything innacurate when money was involved?....How does a simple statement get so wildly PERVERTED??

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Why would one use anything innacurate when money was involved?....How does a simple statement get so wildly PERVERTED??
I'm sorry. I did not mean it in that way. I was just really trying to understand.

46zilzal
01-22-2005, 09:08 PM
misunderstandings abound when there is no face to face.....

The deceleration phenomenon, of course, reproduces itself time and time again with the turfers or "Blade runners" as my friend refers to them.

The above thing on dirt is MOST often seen when a horse has a single very HIGH third fraction and then does not repeat it.