PDA

View Full Version : So how much snow you getting??

sq764
01-22-2005, 04:08 PM
We (in Delaware) are supposed to get 12-18".. I see Boston they are predicting 18-30"!

Snowing so hard here I can barely see out our window.. I hate snow

roarnomore
01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
here in the pittsburgh area we barely got half of what was predicted, probably could have run at mountaineer tonight.storm over and have about 3 1/2 inchs on ground

Buddha
01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
yea, I was thinking that we got off light in this area. At least if they couldnt have run tonight, possibly tomorrow, and now they already cancelled.

Tom
01-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Getting buried. Knee high in the driveway. 35-40 mph winds expected tonight.
Be some neat drifts Sunday morning.

dav4463
01-23-2005, 02:07 AM
I wore shorts on the tennis court today in Texas ! Enjoy the snow !........actually a little cold front came in today, I may have to put on my sweatpants !

Dick Schmidt
01-23-2005, 04:32 AM
This "snow" stuff of which you speak, it's white and falls from the sky, right? If it is actually frozen water, as I've been told, I don't understand how it could freeze outside. I mean, wouldn't it melt in the sunshine? Quite the mystery. I'd like to see it sometime, but not right now. Tomorrow we're going to the beach.

Dick

Equineer
01-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I think FEMA should plow driveways and shovel walks in the winter.

Tom
01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Typical lib reply - someone do it for me.
Noecons own and know how to operate snow shovels.
(After debating with libs, we know how to handle snow-jobs) :D :eek:

Equineer
01-23-2005, 12:00 PM
A Conservative/Liberal snow shoveling contest between you and Michael Moore would provide at least one episode for both America's Funniest Home Videos and Emergency Room... Pillsbury Dough Boy Award going to the winner/survivor. :D :D :D :D

sq764
01-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Must EVERY thread lead back to political connotations?? Sheesh..

BIG RED
01-23-2005, 12:16 PM
......I'll tell you when I can see out my window, literally. I can't see the car in the driveway, drifts.

Tom
01-23-2005, 02:37 PM
A Conservative/Liberal snow shoveling contest between you and Michael Moore would provide at least one episode for both America's Funniest Home Videos and Emergency Room... Pillsbury Dough Boy Award going to the winner/survivor. :D :D :D :D

That would be him. I just shoveled and am breating fine. But then shoveling snow is easier work than shoveling what MM shovels.
:kiss:

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2005, 10:22 AM

Here's a friendly suggestion:

Stop with the personal insults.

so.cal.fan
01-24-2005, 01:52 PM
SQ764 says "I hate snow".........
well, why don't you move the family, kidlet, wife, dog to So. Cal.
We only hate snow here in Sierra Madre when we can see it on top of Mt. Wilson, some 7 miles up the trail from my home.......when the snow is visable it is COLD. We hate that.
The only downside SQ would be you would have to reside in a "blue state"... :eek: :eek: :eek:
I can't imagine living in winter/snow like you east coast/midwest guys.....I really can't. Try to stay warm friends.

sq764
01-24-2005, 02:31 PM
SQ764 says "I hate snow".........
well, why don't you move the family, kidlet, wife, dog to So. Cal.
We only hate snow here in Sierra Madre when we can see it on top of Mt. Wilson, some 7 miles up the trail from my home.......when the snow is visable it is COLD. We hate that.
The only downside SQ would be you would have to reside in a "blue state"... :eek: :eek: :eek:
I can't imagine living in winter/snow like you east coast/midwest guys.....I really can't. Try to stay warm friends.

We live in a blue state now, so it wouldn't be a shock..

karlskorner
01-24-2005, 04:13 PM
75 degrees in Davie, Fl. I just came in from the heated pool. I have bitter bitter memories of 40 years and snow.

sq764
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I think the hurricanes would wear on me in Florida..

Tom
01-24-2005, 11:16 PM
One of Johnny Carson's jokes I will always remeber.....

"Good news for LA today. The mudslides are putting out the forest fires!"

:D

so.cal.fan
01-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Johnny was the best, Tom.
I have an epileptic dog and I got aquainted with Johnny's ex wife, Joanne.
She is a wonderful gal that runs a website called Guardian Angels for Canine Epilepsy......she has had epileptic dogs and she has donated all her resources and time to helping others.
I sent her a brief note last night.....even though she was divorced from Johnny, she always thought very highly of him, she always says she was blessed to have had 10 years with such a wonderful man. A friend of mine who knows her well, told me she was just heartbroken like so many.
He was the kind of guy we somehow just couldn't image losing..... :(

Tom
01-26-2005, 11:26 PM
41.4 inchs over the last 10 days. Running out of places to throw the snow.
Wind chill will be -25 tonight! Actual to be around -10. Hoo boy! this is NOT Antarctica.

This morning, it was freezing rain...at 17 degrees!?!?!
I thought freezing rain was at 32 degrees. This damn global warming is getting to me! :D

BIG RED
01-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Here it is thursday and Cape Cod is still getting snow since saturday. The most in 113 years, and some towns, the most since records started. Hope that crap is melted by the time I go down there for a swim!

so.cal.fan
01-27-2005, 08:42 AM
We have been watching the weather in Boston on the news......they showed pictures of homes sheeted with ice, inches thick!
It's like you all are living in igloos!
Stay safe and try to stay warm......Big Red.......we hope it warms up soon for you folks there.