PDA

View Full Version : track conditions

joeprunes
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
How can I find out (before the races have started) what they did to the track, like if they harrowed it or sealed it etc. ...jp

Buddha
01-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't think that many actually announce it. I think on CDSN tracks, if you look at their websites, they list what was/is going to be done to the track, and I know NYRA lets you know if a track is sealed, but other than that, I'm not sure.

Suff
01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Sealed... they announce or list.

Harrowed is another story. Some tracks have that info on site. But as far as when its harrowed.. or more importantly, how deeply it was harrowed... Thats tough information to get when your playing from home. Unless you have someone of the grounds crews Cell Phone.

I made the point the other day... That each Track Super has his own way of doing things. When to seal a track, when to harrow, how deep, and so forth..

I'm not agri-inclined. But I do know its alot of work and I would I imagine that unless you have someone on the track that you can talk to... Your stuck playing the Bias's that have formed over time on the surface. E.g. Inside Speed on the Aqueduct inner... and so forth. Now NYRA just changed thier Supt and I don't think its far fetched that he will put his own experience and imprint on the maintenence of the track, and make decisons on his experience that will be different from the guy he replaced. So You'd have to take it on assumption that the INNER will still play towards inside speed...

There is an article I saw last week that explains why australia has eliminated the SLOPPY, MUDDY, GOOD and FAST ratings and is expirementing with a 1 through 10 rating scale.

http://www.aapracingandsports.com.au/cms/cmspopnews.asp?NID=55730

Ray Murrihy
Photo by Racing and Sports

Thursday, 20 January 2005: Sydney's new system of rating track conditions by numbers will begin its three-month trial with Saturday's Rosehill meeting.

The revolutionary system does away with the time-honoured method of rating tracks from fast through to heavy.

The numeroical system has been dubbed Sydney's chief steward Ray Murrihy as the ‘brainchild’ of the Sydney Turf Club's racecourse manager Lindsay Murphy.

The new numerical system will rate the state of the going each race day from 1-10 and provide double the number of ratings currently available.

This will permit track managers and stewards to provide a more detailed and accurate description of track conditions for the benefit of trainers, jockeys, owners and the public

joeprunes
01-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I think the last few days,it seems like they did something to the track conditions. I usally can tell by how thw races are run. I constantly have the charts results instead of the regular results so I can see how the run . The last few times the pressers are getting out quicker than the early speed and so forth and when the early speed gets out they tire. so tend to beleive they are fooling with track the times are reasonable, just my thoughts...jp

Suff
01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I think the last few days,it seems like they did something to the track conditions.

What Track (s) Joe? Aqueduct?

joeprunes
01-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Why is there any other?...joe

kenwoodallpromos
01-21-2005, 10:08 PM
I do not see things too weird- except 1-20-05 race 5- Wild Humor looks like a real monster!

joeprunes
01-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Ken are you the one that goes by track work outs to figure what the conditions are? ...jp