PDA

View Full Version : New England/Eagles Super Bowl?

sq764
01-20-2005, 01:29 PM
My thoughts on this weekend's games..

Eagles 27, Falcons 13

Bottom line – If the Eagles avoid a special teams blunder and don’t turn the ball over, they should win this one pretty easily.. If they don’t do the above, it could be a struggle..

Atlanta’s defense is not bad and their special teams are dangerous, but their offense is just not that good. If the Eagles can jump ahead and force Vick to pass, it could turn into a rout. 72 yards passing isn’t going to get it done on Sunday..

New England 24, Steelers 10

Bottom line – These 2 teams are very similar with outstanding defenses and decent offenses.. If the Steelers can jump out and score, they have a very good shot to win, while controlling the game with their running game. If they do not, and rookie Ben has to throw to get them back in the game, it’s going to get ugly.. This ain’t the Jets defense.

Brady’s been there, done that, won that.. Bellicheck the same..

SAL
01-20-2005, 02:38 PM
The only reason Atlanta had only 72 yards passing is because they had over 300 yards rushing. If they can run against Philly they can beat them. Philly's got an outstanding secondary so I think that's going to be the gameplan. I'm leaning toward the under in that game, I think it will be a defensive battle. I like Atlanta to at least cover, if not win the game outright.

And I've liked NE all season to repeat as Superbowl champs, and I'm not changing my opinion about that now. They have Corey Dillon for this game, they didn't have him in the first matchup.

kenwoodallpromos
01-20-2005, 03:08 PM
It would be nice to see rushing dominate bothe games, but I am for the favorites. Defensive backs will be important.
Favs won 4 of 4 last weekend. Favs lost some in week 1 because home teams were not that good to begin with.

Valuist
01-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Sal-

I agree 100% re: the rushing. Philly might win, but I will not be betting on them. I'm leaning towards playing both dogs. Imagine a 16-1 team AS A HOME DOG!

sq764
01-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Idon't bet football, but I was tossing around the idea of a $100 parlay:

Eagles
Under

New England
Over

I don't think Atlanta will do anything against teh Eagles.. I think Eagles should roll against them.. Just hope Atlanta can score like 17 points, but I would imagine more like 10

New England's defense is going to be a nightmare for rookie Ben..

Tee
01-20-2005, 06:29 PM
If the snow that is forecasted for the Philly area this weekend comes down, the Eagles should win the game.

No excuses

sq764
01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Snow, hail, sunny, fog, locusts... Eagles should win the game, no excuses.

toetoe
01-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Patriots big fav. on road. Shades of my old 49'ers.

Tee
01-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Snow, hail, sunny, fog, locusts... Eagles should win the game, no excuses.

Setting the hail, fog & locusts aside.......

How do would u view the game,

Sunny & warm(warm as it can be in Jan.)

Snow & cold - as predicted.

sq764
01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Honestly, I would view it the same either way, with the exception of a more low scoring affair in the snow.

I think any weather benefits the eagles, as it slows Atlanta's one weapon.. If Vick can't run and Rossum cannot run, they have very little elso to offer..

I think the big difference is Westbrook.. What's funny is that a lot of people think TO not being there kills them.. It sucks no doubt, but the Eagles basically had the same offense last year with no TO, but they also had no Westbrook..

Snow here is supposed to stop by early morning Sunday, so I don't think it will be a big factor.. (Well, except for the snowballs that may come flying out of the stands)

Valuist
01-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Dunn and Duckett are a pretty good tandem. Philly is primarily the passing team and Atlanta is not. Bad weather usually works against teams who pass; the ball is slippery and tougher to grip, throw and catch. Bad weather also works against speed, which wouldn't help Vick. The under is probably the play.

sq764
01-21-2005, 09:53 AM
I think the Philly to the under/New England to the over 4 teamer is a playable parlay.. 10/1 odds I believe?

Valuist
01-22-2005, 11:08 AM
If Pitt and Philly get hit with the snows were getting right now, it will make for very interesting field conditions. Here in Chicago it started around 5 or so last night and hasn't let up a bit 17 hours later.

sq764
01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
As of 11 am we are supposed to get 12-18 inches in the Philly area..

Might nullify any sharp cuts by runners (Vick/Dunn, Westbrook)

LutherCalvin
01-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Atlanta has Michael Vick who is like a third running back in the backfield. The Eagles can be run on. Pick Vick and the Falcons.

Bellichick is a genius. He will defy a rookie quarterback to beat him in a championship game The Pats have Corey "Clock" Dillon who they didn't have the first time they met the Steelers. Pick the Pats.

sq764
01-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Eagles by 3 touchdowns.. Vick is as overrated as they come..

Don't forget Jim Johnson is a genius too

LutherCalvin
01-22-2005, 09:25 PM
As the blind man said, "We shall see...we shall see."

toetoe
01-22-2005, 11:48 PM
LuCal,
I know nothing about football handicapping (as opposed to a bit about horses), but I agree -- Atlanta and N.E. Atlanta on the money line outright, N.E. minus points, because the money line is horrible. Huge fave.

sq764
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
The only reason Atlanta had only 72 yards passing is because they had over 300 yards rushing. If they can run against Philly they can beat them. Philly's got an outstanding secondary so I think that's going to be the gameplan. I'm leaning toward the under in that game, I think it will be a defensive battle. I like Atlanta to at least cover, if not win the game outright.

And I've liked NE all season to repeat as Superbowl champs, and I'm not changing my opinion about that now. They have Corey Dillon for this game, they didn't have him in the first matchup.
That was just a mismatch.. Vick played like I thought he would, just above avg, if that.. He's just not a top qb.. period.