PDA

View Full Version : McCarron to Leave Magna

garyoz
01-20-2005, 07:56 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=52268&subsec=1

Gee, he lasted almost 2 years, must be close to a record.

toetoe
01-20-2005, 08:55 AM
I think it's great. Jamie Spencer gets the first scholarship, based on need. Another full-time gig For CMac to consider is translator for brother Gregg.

Suff
01-20-2005, 09:16 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=52268&subsec=1

Gee, he lasted almost 2 years, must be close to a record.

Short stint on the Board at Youbet, Short stint as the GM at Santa Anita, Short Stint as the internal Benefactor to Gertmenian @ the Guild, and now another sputter at Magna. Bridge Burner Extrodinaire.

toetoe
01-20-2005, 09:25 AM
He'll be here shortly.

JustRalph
01-20-2005, 12:31 PM
What is up with getting canned with all these places? Anybody know the real scoop on this? SoCal, where are you? Can McCarron read and write?
Is he lacking personal skills?

NoDayJob
01-20-2005, 01:52 PM
:D Mebbe, he'll get a job at DRF as a columnist? :D

NDJ

kenwoodallpromos
01-20-2005, 02:43 PM
LOL. Nice guys finish last.

garyoz
01-20-2005, 03:03 PM
When I mentioned two years as a long tenure, I was speaking of that being a long time for the revolving door of Magna. Let's face it, McCarron is wealthy, he doesn't have to put up with stuff. I have no complaints about McCarron moving around--more power to him. He never quit when it counted, turning for home.

CryingForTheHorses
01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Short stint on the Board at Youbet, Short stint as the GM at Santa Anita, Short Stint as the internal Benefactor to Gertmenian @ the Guild, and now another sputter at Magna. Bridge Burner Extrodinaire.

I dont think this post is fair to the man.This man has done nothing but ride horses all his life. When you take a person out of their profession this kind of thing is going to happen. Its very hard for a person who knows nothing but horses or riding to go and work in the corporate world.

Observer
01-20-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm surprised at how out-of-line many of you seem to be .. jumping to conclusions that Chris McCarron is basically incompetent .. that he knows nothing more than horses or riding. Is it really that crazy to see someone changing jobs, even as he has? He is retired from his prime craft, so now you could equate him to a college grad out searching for the right fit.

So, now it's been a few years, and a few jobs later. Did anyone stop for a second to think maybe horses and riding is his sole passion. Horses are such amazing animals, that it's very understandable (to me, at least) that McCarron would want to get back involved with them .. and not simply because he knows nothing else, as if he is some idiot.

People should be passionate about what they do. It's difficult to be happy when you're not passionate about what you're doing.

Suff
01-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I dont think this post is fair to the man.This man has done nothing but ride horses all his life. When you take a person out of their profession this kind of thing is going to happen. Its very hard for a person who knows nothing but horses or riding to go and work in the corporate world.

You know him? I have friends that have had direct dealings with him.. I got "warned" from PA to be careful what I post about him because I can't substantiate it , or coroborate it. So I'll refrain from telling you what I know about him. But with that said... Ask Gary Byrzer if he got done right by Chris MCarron and his Buddy Dr. G.

Ask Jerry Bailey and Pat Day who both used to be the PRESIDENT of the jockeys Guild at one time or another.. and now NIETHER of them even belong to it.... Ask them how Chris McCarron did them.

Ask around.... Before you appoint yourself his Lawyer.

Dan Montilion
01-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I hear NYRA needs a new clerk of scales. Maybe somebody can put in a good word for Chris.

Dan Montilion

CryingForTheHorses
01-20-2005, 08:46 PM
You know him? I have friends that have had direct dealings with him.. I got "warned" from PA to be careful what I post about him because I can't substantiate it , or coroborate it. So I'll refrain from telling you what I know about him. But with that said... Ask Gary Byrzer if he got done right by Chris MCarron and his Buddy Dr. G.

Ask Jerry Bailey and Pat Day who both used to be the PRESIDENT of the jockeys Guild at one time or another.. and now NIETHER of them even belong to it.... Ask them how Chris McCarron did them.

Ask around.... Before you appoint yourself his Lawyer.

LMAO Suff.No Im not Perry Mason. All I do know is the rider.Im sure you wouldnt say what you posted for NO reason.Sounds like a lot of bad blood with his jockey friends.

Suff
01-21-2005, 09:11 AM
For whatever reason I had this thread on my mind last night. My remark was short, glib and just a quick thought. I didn't intend on bashing McCarron, nor getting into his personal Business. Its sorta like sitting at the race track shooting the shit with 3 or 4 other guys and you make a quick comment about something that comes up... But then it floats away.

I guess because this is a Message board, and the words hang out here and then others come behind and pile on , or add on... It can appear I'm slandering the guy.. But really. It was just a quick off the cuff comment.
I'm not a racing writer, nor columist, nor pundit.. I think I can just say something here and there that comes to mind.. without being hammered for being negative, or out of line, or disrespectful. Give me a break.. I really did'nt mean any harm.. I was just typing my mind. I apologize if it offended any McCarron Fans. Good luck to him in his next venture.

JustRalph
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I apologize if it offended any McCarron Fans. Good luck to him in his next venture.

and in his next one in 2007..........:D

ratpack
01-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Not sure why he leaving but I know he had 3 different Job titles.

He was General Manager, then Assistant GM, Then Exeutive GM.

I did like the way handled himself on track as those GM's.

He did not just stay in the Turf Club, he was all over the track, talking to people. He also went to several fan forums at SA and answered questions from the fans and also conducted some of weekend Seabiscuit Tours.

I know it may seem like a small thing but it was him who got SA to build the Sirona bar and resturant overloooking the paddock. The $5 bettors answer to the frontrunner resturant. It was a beautiful addition to the Grandstand area and I nice place to be.