PDA

View Full Version : Hey Duante, Leave your wife at home!!

sq764
01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
(Or at least shell out a few dollars to get her in a suite, you cheap bastard)

From Staff Reports, Star Tribune
January 18, 2005 DAUNTE0119

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper's wife, Kim, apparently was the target of vociferous and profane heckling Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. Eventually, Eagles security official intervened to protect her.
Monday, the quarterback was visibly angry about the situation and said: "They are lucky I wasn't up there."
"Fans everywhere have to realize that the fight should be on the field," he added. "Nobody should have to go through the stuff my wife did from the fans Sunday. ... Yelling at players is one thing. When you start throwing beer, spitting on people ... that's how people get hurt.
"Lord knows, if I had been up there, somebody really would have gotten hurt."

OTM Al
01-18-2005, 03:20 PM
New field, same "fans". Philly's had some kind of rep in that department for a very long time. I personally don't get that kind of behavior. It's a sporting event for god's sake. Too many people out there who only find justification in their lives through what a group of very highly paid individuals that they will never meet or know does in some arena. You can say that he should have gotten her a different seat, but what does it say about the people in the arena that she couldn't feel safe sitting anywhere? Agreed he didn't help the situation by spouting off about it, but I can't blame him for being upset. Wonder how many of those people had their kids there looking on? I hope none, but somehow I doubt it.

sq764
01-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, I agree to a point.. It is sad that Philly and NY fans are like this.. I've been to dozens of Eagles games and probably 100 Phillies games and have seen it all.

On the other hand, I SHOULD be able to walk through Los Angeles at 2am without getting mugged, but discretion and reputation tell me to do otherwise..

Point being, right or wrong, he knew the reputation of Philly fans and should have thought better than to put his wife in with the 'general population' in a hostile environment.

OTM Al
01-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah, but that's my whole point. This place is not some drug infested neighborhood, its a multimillion dollar sports arena. This fan mentality is just out of control.

As for NY fans, I've had a bit of experience there. Used to go to Yankee games alot in the mid 90s. Fights and bad behavior abounded. In the 95 playoffs against Seattle guys were litterally rolling down the upper deck. Must have been 4 brawls within 50 feet of me, and the funny thing was that the Yanks had just won to go up 2-0 in the best of 5. Funny thing happened then. After they started winning, King George jacked up the prices of the tickets so high (the tickets I got for $16 a game in 96 are on the order of $50 per now) and made some cuts in beer sales. Haven't seen too many fights since.

Sorry to say it because I like having a beer or 3 at a game, but alcohol at these events isn't helping. How many people at that game Sunday you think were popped before they even went in the gates? Put that in with the mentality of some of these people and you get the sort of mess you describe.

It should certainly be much easier to clean up such a situation than that in your 2am LA situation, but frankly I really don't think the NFL cares and in some way encourages violent behavior, which is further backed up by the constant replays and screaming on ESPN and all its many variants out there. This is a league that put their sponsorship on a video game a couple years back where if you hit the opposing guy hard enough he caught on fire. Yeah, that's a stand on unnecessary violence.....

I used to like football quite a bit when I was younger, but really don't care that much for it anymore. I caught parts of the playoff games out of curiosity, but could really care less who wins anymore. I've been figuring for a while now with the course the NFL has been on, something very bad is going to happen on the field or in the stands (or both) one of these days and all these guys who were showing all this violence before are going to be trying to honestly ask viewers where this all came from.

sq764
01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I have the same disgust for the way people act as you do.. My son is 5 weeks old and sadly, I may never get to take him to a football game.. Just not safe..

I was in New York for a Giants game and I swear to you, I saw a guy with a Steelers jacket on with his son. They went to the bathroom and a Giants fan pissed on the kid!!! And other fans laughed!!

I would be in prison if that were my son..

Thank God I can still take him to baseball games, as the fans are a little bit better behaved.

I agree that beer has a lot to do with it.. Even after the Eagles stopped selling beer after halftime AND had the new stadium built with jailcells, there are still problems..

OTM Al
01-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Take him to a college game. I think they are a lot more fun to watch and most of them do not allow beer sales. See some kids out there playing for something more than a fat paycheck and the ability to make an ass out of yourself on national TV

sq764
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I never said anything about NO beer sales :-)

Daddy could deal with a few brewskies at the game..

OTM Al
01-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Hehehe......never stopped my ol Dad from slipping a few in with him ;)

sq764
01-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Christ, at $4.50 a pop, my wife and i used to sneak a 12 pack into Garden St for live racing..

cj
01-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Eagles fans are the most moronic I have ever seen. I have been to NFL games in Dallas, New York, Baltimore, Washington, and Denver. I don't even think anyone is even close.

sq764
01-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Well I thought so myself, that is, until I saw a grown man peeing on a child in New York, just because he was wearing the opposing team's jersey.

cj
01-18-2005, 05:08 PM
To clarify, there were idiots at all of these stadiums, Dallas excepted, and I wouldn't take my kids to a game at any of the East Coast cities. There is just a larger percentage in Philly.

I wasn't sure if I was at a football game or an opera in Dallas, the crowd was so quiet.

sq764
01-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I can agree with you there.. I went to a game in San Diego and it was like being at a golf match.. Like no face painters, no drunks, no anything.. It was kinda boring..

Tee
01-18-2005, 07:30 PM
I can agree with you there.. I went to a game in San Diego and it was like being at a golf match.. Like no face painters, no drunks, no anything.. It was kinda boring..

FBR Open -TPC of Scottsdale - 16th Hole.

Better than a football game!!

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Well I thought so myself, that is, until I saw a grown man peeing on a child in New York, just because he was wearing the opposing team's jersey.

Now I know you're making that up. And why did you have to bring NY into this with reply #2 to this thread? This story has nothing to do with NY.

That's a bit troll-like. You knew you'd be baiting me into this! :p

JustRalph
01-18-2005, 08:58 PM
You haven't seen drunks until you have to sit through a 3 hour rain delay at a Nascar Race. Then they fire up the cars and race for 3 hours. 6 hours of swilling. The beer lines were open the entire time. Not to mention you can bring in your own coolers full of beer. The race ended at 1:45a and then 60k people all decided to leave at the same time. You could have scooped them up with a backhoe in the parking lot.

Don't get me started on the old Dog Pound in Cleveland. :eek: :eek:

sq764
01-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Now I know you're making that up. And why did you have to bring NY into this with reply #2 to this thread? This story has nothing to do with NY.

That's a bit troll-like. You knew you'd be baiting me into this! :p
Why would I make that up?? I was standing there with my best man of my wedding watching this happen..

Why would you even say that?

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2005, 10:57 PM
because that's the lowest thing I have ever heard of in my life. That's why I didn't believe it!

sq764
01-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Sorry you didn't believe it.. That's why I sent you an email.. It was the most disgusting and horrendous thing I;ve seen..

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Check that last reply I wrote. I wrote "That's why I didn't believe it," as in "didn't believe it then" (a couple posts up), but believe it now....

Equineer
01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SQ764,
I was in New York for a Giants game and I swear to you, I saw a guy with a Steelers jacket on with his son. They went to the bathroom and a Giants fan pissed on the kid!!! And other fans laughed!!

... I saw a grown man peeing on a child in New York, just because he was wearing the opposing team's jersey.What year was this?

The most recent Steeler's game with the Giants in New York was December 18, 2004, 1:30 p.m.

Of course, that can't be the game you mean because you posted here several times during that game!

sq764
01-18-2005, 11:35 PM
What year was this?

The most recent Steeler's game with the Giants in New York was December 18, 2004, 1:30 p.m.

Of course, that can't be the game you mean because you posted here several times during that game!

Maybe it was the same date that's on the ticket in front of me - December 10, 2000.. A 30-10 Giants win..

Exactly 1 month before my wife and I got engaged..

Equineer
01-18-2005, 11:48 PM
2000... I guess I'll buy that.

Today, such behavior would be unthinkable!

NY is a much kinder and gentler since Bill and Hillary arrived. :D

sq764
01-18-2005, 11:50 PM
2000... I guess I'll buy that.

Today, such behavior would be unthinkable!

NY is a much kinder and gentler since Bill and Hillary arrived. :D

You don;'t have many friends, do you..

superfecta
01-19-2005, 10:56 PM
You haven't seen drunks until you have to sit through a 3 hour rain delay at a Nascar Race. Then they fire up the cars and race for 3 hours. 6 hours of swilling. The beer lines were open the entire time. Not to mention you can bring in your own coolers full of beer. The race ended at 1:45a and then 60k people all decided to leave at the same time. You could have scooped them up with a backhoe in the parking lot.

Don't get me started on the old Dog Pound in Cleveland. :eek: :eek:
another good reason Nascar is a great sport. :D For all the bad rap degenerate gambling gets(heard Glenn Beck go on about how bad gambling is this morning on his radio show)I still think it is a pretty civil activity compared to other sports related activities.No riots at the track on the news on a constant basis(good news)On the other hand,Girls gone wild will never use footage from Santa Anita(bad news)

sq764
01-19-2005, 11:02 PM
another good reason Nascar is a great sport. :D For all the bad rap degenerate gambling gets(heard Glenn Beck go on about how bad gambling is this morning on his radio show)I still think it is a pretty civil activity compared to other sports related activities.No riots at the track on the news on a constant basis(good news)On the other hand,Girls gone wild will never use footage from Santa Anita(bad news)
Unless you happen to bump into Tony Stewart..

superfecta
01-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Unless you happen to bump into Tony Stewart..
what would Tony Stewart be doing at the SA racetrack? :D that hillbilly is too busy rasslin and knocking out the other drivers and crews tooth.

Valuist
01-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Sq-

How would you react if somebody/people were harassing your wife?

Equineer
01-20-2005, 07:30 PM
You don;'t have many friends, do you..The last two games between the Giants and Steelers were 2000 and 2004.

In a friendly manner, I gave you the benefit of the doubt... your life may indeed be so uneventful that you kept a ticket stub at your fingertips for four years.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2005, 07:38 PM
The last two games between the Giants and Steelers were 2000 and 2004.

In a friendly manner, I gave you the benefit of the doubt... your life may indeed be so uneventful that you kept a ticket stub at your fingertips for four years.

Are you guys serious? Bickering over this kind of bullshit? Damn.....

toetoe
01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll be her friend. She can pick winners. And Ubermarshal Giulani gets the credit, not the Clintonians. Rudy, he's special.

sq764
01-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Sq-

How would you react if somebody/people were harassing your wife?
I wouldn't be a complete moron and put my wife in the stands in an opposing stadium.

Or wait, was this the first time he's ever heard about the 'Philly Fans'?

Right or wrong, it's reality.. He's been in the NFL how long?

sq764
01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
The last two games between the Giants and Steelers were 2000 and 2004.

Not that your degenerate worthless ass even deserves an explanation, but we saved all the ticket stubs and programs to the sporting events that my wife and I have been to and used them to decorate my son's room with a sports theme. We thought it would be a great thing to do and it turned out fantastic..

Why would you actually take time to try to disprove that I was at a football game I was speaking of? Could you possibly be a bigger loser? Get a life..

Equineer
01-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Not that your degenerate worthless ass even deserves an explanation, but we saved all the ticket stubs and programs to the sporting events that my wife and I have been to and used them to decorate my son's room with a sports theme. We thought it would be a great thing to do and it turned out fantastic..Grimy ticket stubs and beer-stained programs? Tacky... tacky... sounds like a decorating tip from Trailer Park Magazine.

When we learned last year that my newest wife was due to have a boy, we had my forthcoming son's room painted with a 360-degree mural depicting the best sports venue in America, Wrigley Field, from the perspective of standing on home plate during the legendary 7th-inning stretch.

For almost three decades, infant/toddler rooms in my polygamy barracks have always been decorated with loving care and impeccable taste.

I tried to attach re-rendered and significantly reduced JPG versions of my original photos, but they were 83KB and 94KB... and exceeded the 30KB limit for JPG files. Is that the normal JPG default limit?

sq764
01-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Grimy ticket stubs and beer-stained programs? Tacky... tacky... sounds like a decorating tip from Trailer Park Magazine.

When we learned last year that my newest wife was due to have a boy, we had my forthcoming son's room painted with a 360-degree mural depicting the best sports venue in America, Wrigley Field, from the perspective of standing on home plate during the legendary 7th-inning stretch.

For almost three decades, infant/toddler rooms in my polygamy barracks have always been decorated with loving care and impeccable taste.

I tried to attach re-rendered and significantly reduced JPG versions of my original photos, but they were 83KB and 94KB... and exceeded the 30KB limit for JPG files. Is that the normal JPG default limit?

We had the Green Monster painted on one side of his room and a disney scene of bears playing baseball on the other.. The programs were a nice touch.

You're a flat out piece of shit. Please don't respond to any more of my posts.

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Grimy ticket stubs and beer-stained programs? Tacky... tacky... sounds like a decorating tip from Trailer Park Magazine.

How very rude. Grimy ticket stubs? Why would they be grimy if used once?

Beer-stained? Why would they be beer-stained? Are you TRYING to cause trouble? Politics is one thing, but getting personal just doesn't fly.

Equineer
01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
How very rude. Grimy ticket stubs? Why would they be grimy if used once?

Beer-stained? Why would they be beer-stained? Are you TRYING to cause trouble? Politics is one thing, but getting personal just doesn't fly.Why don't you read the thread PA?
Whoa Whoa Whoa, I never said anything about NO beer sales :-)

Daddy could deal with a few brewskies at the game..
Christ, at $4.50 a pop, my wife and i used to sneak a 12 pack into Garden St for live racing.
I went to a game in San Diego and it was like being at a golf match.. Like no face painters, no drunks, no anything.. It was kinda boring.
SQ764 started this thread by calling Culpepper's complaint against trashy fan behavior the words of a "cheap bastard."

And football without drunks is boring?

How sad... but then this is the same guy who bragged about Bra & Panties Wrestling with his nine-year-old niece, and claims he and his best man stood by while a goon intentionally peed on a little boy. That's plenty grimy for my tastes, how about your's?

Finally, check out the only poster in this thread who needed banal language like bastard, ass, and piece of shit.

PaceAdvantage
01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
How sad... but then this is the same guy who bragged about Bra & Panties Wrestling with his nine-year-old niece, and claims he and his best man stood by while a goon intentionally peed on a little boy. That's plenty grimy for my tastes, how about your's?

Finally, check out the only poster in this thread who needed banal language like bastard, ass, and piece of shit.

See, you're getting personal again...why?

And as for the boy who got peed on, where were his parents? That's what I want to know...forget about SQ and his best man....

toetoe
01-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Equi,
Would that make SQ764 banal-retentive?

Equineer
01-22-2005, 02:14 AM
PA,

Your bias is altogether transparent.

Characterizing SQ764's decorating tastes as tacky offends you?

But you never seem offended by "LJB(astard)", "EquiQueer", and literally dozens of equally banal insults that nitwits like Tom and SQ764 have routinely hurled against other posters.

Indeed, you claim to have known Formula_2002 for years prior to starting the board, yet you don't seem offended when SQ764 calls Formula_2002 and other veterans cowards.

BTW, here is my candidate for Most Banal Post 2005-Year-To-Date:Originally posted by Tom,
Pataki is worse than an infected ho walking the streets looking for quarters. This man is a botom feeder.Since that was all there was to Tom's post, I would say it approaches about as close as you can get to pure banality. Since Pataki is your sitting Governor, can we assume you would have let the same insult slide by if it was aimed at Bush? I think not!

Let me recommend a change of equipment, PA... blinkers off. :)

PaceAdvantage
01-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Since Pataki is your sitting Governor, can we assume you would have let the same insult slide by if it was aimed at Bush? I think not!

Ahh, but wait! Gov. Pataki is a REPUBLICAN!!!

Aren't I one of them 'Neo-Cons' who lick the ass of any elected Republican they can find? Don't I kowtow to the party line and nod my "bobble" head in agreement with every elected representative with a (R) before their name?

You're slipping vEtquineer....this is quite unlike you. You're supposed to know the answer to the above quoted question, so why even ask?

And for the record, Tom has said plenty of negative "Tom-like" stuff about Bush, and I never said a word.

And again for the record, if it seems as though I am biased against you, it's because I AM! I tend to get that way towards people who aren't supposed to be here....especially people who insult my intelligence by signing up under a different name and inform me with a straight face (if that's possible online) that they really aren't VetScratch..... :rolleyes:

Equineer
01-22-2005, 07:30 PM
PA,

Of course Pataki is a Republican... and he's your sitting Governor. What do party affiliations have to do with banality?

And I posted during the campaign that I voted for Bush in 2000 but was compelled by sound reasoning to campaign against our misguided strategy in Iraq. We need to defeat, not nourish international terrorism.

By any rational standard, my posts are a model of decorum compared to Tom and SQ764... you are barking up the wrong tree.

Otherwise... talk is cheap, but money in play rules the day! Are you helping "someone" hide scared money? :)

PaceAdvantage
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
The point is, I did let similar insults slide when they were aimed at Bush, from our very own Tom. If I'm missing something, let me know.

Equineer
01-23-2005, 06:20 AM
PA,

I believe your point is clear.

Where decorum is concerned, you offer Tom as a role model... as our beacon to illuminate the estate of good taste.

With almost 10,000 examples to reference as guideposts, no one should have difficulty navigating within the boundaries of such a thoroughly surveyed estate.

I have no further questions.

Tom
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
You are losing your touch. Your obsession is getting to you.
Time to find new handle and start over.
Got any private emails to post before your go? :kiss: