PDA

View Full Version : Good Karma from Camptown

aagoett
04-04-2002, 12:51 AM
I am writing to actually tell the group that I have been reading all your posts for sometime, however never have actually posted. The reason I write is because of some good karma that I received last Sunday. I follow the all the posts frequently, and have found that they are all very interesting. I was intrigued by the fact that Camptownraces has these theories on horse racing. Interested, I visited his site and actually did his practice races trying to figure out what he was talking about. I didn't quite understand it, so I emailed him and we began to correspond. On Sunday he sent me his picks for Golden Gate Fields for free, and I was reluctant to play them because I typically don't trust people when it comes to horse racing tips. Anyway, the first race I we lost, and the next we won (although a small win - I'm not complaining), the next we lost, however the very last race was VERY interesting. This race Camptown picked, he chose all four horses in the Superfecta, and although he didn't pick it, I was really impressed with the picks he had that day. The last race paid off significantly making my profit that day 50% more than what I had begun with. His theories seem to work well, and I just wanted to share this lesson I learned that sometimes we don't know it all!!

- Andrew

JimG
04-04-2002, 07:32 AM
First, welcome to the board. Secondly, thanks for writing about 1 winning day. Lastly, post a follow-up on additional days and let us know how it does.

Jim

anotherdave
04-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Just curious. I might be mistaken, but I thought Camptown made his wagers based on watching the toteboard right before the race. How was he able to get his selections to you? (He also posted some very good selections on our selection board too!) I have been to the site, and I probably missed something, but does he use other techniques too? Does he merge the toteboard techniques with handicapping? Thanks.

AD

CamptownRaces.com
04-04-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by anotherdave
Just curious. I might be mistaken, but I thought Camptown made his wagers based on watching the toteboard right before the race. How was he able to get his selections to you? (He also posted some very good selections on our selection board too!) I have been to the site, and I probably missed something, but does he use other techniques too? Does he merge the toteboard techniques with handicapping? Thanks.

AD

Hi Dave,

I use the method in my book Winning at a Glance to provide selections before the betting shows on the board.

No handicapping of horses is used at all.

Charles

anotherdave
04-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the info, Charles. I'll go back and visit your website again.

AD

aagoett
04-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Your right it was only one day of winnings, but that is how it starts. I will keep following up with it, and let you know how it goes. I will say, I am impressed up to this point.

- Andrew

aagoett
04-05-2002, 09:52 PM
He is 2 for 2. Bay Meadows today, and he hit the 1st two exactas on the button! How you like them apples!

- Andrew

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2002, 10:51 PM
aagoett,

Slide on over to the SELECTIONS board and post some of those goodies before the race goes off....we could all use a few good ones now and then...if you know what I mean.... :D

==PA

CamptownRaces.com
04-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
aagoett,

Slide on over to the SELECTIONS board and post some of those goodies before the race goes off....we could all use a few good ones now and then...if you know what I mean.... :D

==PA

I did post my picks twice and was basically was told it was a waste of time because nobody here would bet them anyway...

So, i didn't post anymore picks here.

You can see all of my recent cards on my sports site at http://www.camptownsports.com

I'm hitting well over 30% of my exactas from 4 different tracks combined... I didn't put BM's card into my percentages because it was a test card due to the new season...

Only a select few got that card with a word of warning that went with it... Bummer too... I hit 2 of 4 exactas for a nice profit...

If you'd like my racing cards, all you have to do is email me.

chcontest@aol.com

Sometimes they're free, sometimes they're not...

I charge $10 for the cards when they're not free...

Usually have a "MUST PROFIT" or next card FREE deal that goes with it...

I've only had 1 bad day out of my last 9 played...

Last Card made public... the $2 bettor came out +$70 over and above all of the wagers, and the $10 fee...

Good Luck,
Play Smart,
Charles

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2002, 03:01 AM
Charles,

The reason I asked aagoett to post some picks before the races is because I don't want to see him/her get run over by those on the board who will accuse him of shilling for you and your products.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but what is/was aagoett's motivation to post your successes after the races are run? Is he trying to drum up support for your product? (Which is really shooting HIMSELF in the foot, because the more people that use your methods, the lower the payouts will be...)

Is he just excited that he hit a few winners? Most of the participants on this board are savvy and have "been around the block" so to speak when it comes to this sort of thing. If aagoett wants some credibility, let him/her post picks before the race is run, and then we'll all pat him and you on the back.

I don't know who it was who told you it was a waste of time posting picks. The selections board, while not the most active board on this site, generates its share of traffic. I post picks there every day....if for nothing but to live-test my newer methods. I don't see it as time wasted....and I know for a fact at least two people have bet some of my picks.... ;)

There has been an influx of "new people" to this board over the past few months. Many of them arrive here praising methods and software (your stuff, and Handle's EquiSim immeditely come to mind...) Some of the more jaded among us might think all this past posting is a lot more worthless than posting some picks before the race...

The posting of a winning pick before the race is run is NEVER a waste of time....it's gonna catch SOMEBODY'S eye...believe me!!

==PA

PS. Charles, I must state for the record that I have NOT used or read about any of your methods except for what you have posted on this message board...not because I don't think they have merit, but because I have little spare time at the moment. However, from what you've written on the board, I have made a mental note to check out what you have to offer sometime soon, because your tote theories do intrigue me....

And as for EquiSim, I DID download the free demo and messed around with the program for a bit. For the price, it seemed like a very professional and feature rich program, but I admit I didn't go very deep into it...again because of little spare time in my life at the moment....

smf
04-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Chas,

I must admit that I'm one of those who are very skeptical of (trumpeted) stuff I see come across boards that are up for sale. Only things that will impress most folks are (1) quit the day job *using what ya sell* to make a living, ala Ed Bain (before ya draw social security chex, for cryin out loud!).. 2-kick butt in contests, which seems to be the going thing these days..3- post picks in the "selections" section that allows you to 'strut yo stuff like the stud you is'.....trust me, no one bets those things. It's there for fun, or in your (and any seller's) case a proving ground of sorts for future business/ clients.

Seems to me that the 'selections' section is the perfect stage for your (and any) program/ system. "Proof's in the pudding" as they say where I come from.

I'll refrain from any negative comments of your system and the equi-simmers from here on. Gotta admit, the past-posting and chest thumping I've seen lately are funny, tho :)

Just so ya know, I haven't really looked at your webpage yet. I have nothing against your system and wish you the best of luck with it.

Best wishes.

aagoett
04-06-2002, 04:54 AM
To be completely honest, I've been corresponding with Camptown, but I dont' "hype" his products or lie about his winning %. I was talking with him Thursday evening, and he said he had a "test" card for Bay Meadows for Friday (today). I told him to send it over to me, test or not!! Again, I tell you this not to hype the product, but merely to tell you that if you look at the history of his exacta plays (and he does list them ALL), then you will see that the percetage is exceptional, and keep in mind that he currently posts the picks AFTER the fact, but I can assure you that there is no change to the picks. He will admit when he has had a bad day, and they DO occur. However, if you play the percentages that he currently has, you will win (IMHO). Just my 2 cents, but I believe it to be worthwhile to tell you all.

- Andrew

anotherdave
04-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Charles,

I read the selections the day you posted them and checked the results. That day you did pretty well. I'd love you to post some more. I am also intrigued at toteboard methods and such. But as with most of the other people on this board, I like to see the proof before the race, at least for a few days. This isn't any comment on you personally, just the scientist in me! But I think posting a few days picks would prove your techniques work (and boost sales?!)

AD

CamptownRaces.com
04-06-2002, 06:15 PM
I'm getting skunked today at ALL Tracks...

Just miss here, horse breaks down there... Just a BAD Day at the races for me...

Hey... They happen... If you can't lose, it's not gambling...

Sorry to anyone that did bet my plays after all the cards were down today, I tripped and fell flat on my face...

Another Day....

I will post my selections for tomorrow on the selections board.

I'm a bit pissed due to today's outcome, so I'm going heavy on tomorrows races...

Wish me luck... I may need all that I can get... :)

Charles

anotherdave
04-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Charles,

Thanks for posting your picks. A bad day (or week) doesn't prove anything. It is nice for you to post them no matter what the results. It shows that you have confidence in your methods.

AD

CamptownRaces.com
04-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the nice words Dave...

Just like a good day or week doesn't really show everything either...

I do have a lot of races going on Sunday...

AQU, Philadelphia, and Bay Meadows...

I'm going to make or break my current exacta percentages with these cards...

Looks like a Real Strong Day...

I will post my selections for all 3 tracks in the proper place on the boards...

Charles

aagoett
04-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Let's face it bad days happen. Today was a bad day. I'm still impressed with what I've seen to date, and intrigued with the methods I've seen. I'm definitely following this some more. I also notice that more people are posing their picks which I love. Keep it up guys!! I love following you guys.

- Andrew

bigray76
04-08-2002, 01:02 PM
I have been a recepient of many of Charles' free cards, and although I am limited to how I can legally wager here in Jersey, what he has sent me over the last few weeks has been profitable. Keep up the good work Charles!

Ray

CamptownRaces.com
04-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks Ray...

I'll try to keep the profits rolling in for all of us...:)

Charles

PS
I'll have racing again on Thursday for those who are interested.