PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Kentucky version of Eliot Spitzer when you need him?

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2005, 01:14 AM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=26273

And this is a top owner in the industry! Imagine what the little guys are getting away with down at Turfway!

I demand Turfway Park be handed over to Frank Stronach NOW for the token price of $1.

Milleruszk
01-18-2005, 12:40 PM
There has to be more to this story than presented by BH. It has to be more involved than an offer of money to Ms Conner to scratch her horse. She told Ramsey no. Why would she go to the authorities? Wouldn't most people just drop the matter? Unless..... Ramsey would not drop the matter. I would love to know how much he offered her. I'd bet that it was less the the $25K he was fined.

superfecta
01-18-2005, 11:46 PM
It was a 7500 claimer ,why take the risk??!!Unless its accepted practice,not endorsed but overlooked as part of a good ol boy network of some sort.
Like robbin a bank and takin only ones.Not worth it.Must be more to the story.

Pace Cap'n
01-19-2005, 12:24 AM
That particular story didn't mention it, but from another source the idea was if he could get that horse into the race, and it won, it would assure his sire, also owned by Mr. Ramsey, of being the leading sire of the year in some category. I forgot which category.