PDA

View Full Version : Phonebet/ Philly link

smf
04-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Anyone have the link for Philly Park's multi-track net channel?

Thanks.

GameTheory
04-03-2002, 07:14 PM
You mean their toteboard?

http://www.racingchannel.com

There's video from the Penn National site:

http://www.pngaming.com/cgi-bin/showme.cgi

smf
04-03-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks GT, but I already have those. What I'm looking for is the link to Philly Park's net racing channel. They carry most of the tracks that aren't shown by the penn gaming link.

They (philly park link) have 4 tracks shown at a time from noon- midnight, hosted by Chris White, Barbara Foster, et al.

I used to have the link, lost it, and someone asked me for it. If I recall correctly, it has "preferred-ram" in the address/ link.

GameTheory
04-03-2002, 07:31 PM
There's a link for video on racingchannel.com, but you have to be a Philly PhoneBet member to access it, which I'm not, so I don't know what's there.

Is the one you're talking about accessible to the public?

cj
04-03-2002, 07:45 PM
The only link I'm aware of requires a Phonebet Acct # and your zip code.

CJ

smf
04-03-2002, 10:12 PM
GT,

Yes, that's the one I'm looking for (private). I'll go check the archives here later on. I saw it posted a while back.

andicap
04-03-2002, 11:04 PM
The one mentioned above is the same one I believe that was mentioned on the board a while back. I bookmarked it.

GameTheory
04-03-2002, 11:05 PM
What's the big mystery? That's the one at racingchannel:

http://www.racingchannel.com/Preferred/index.html

JimG
04-05-2002, 02:21 PM
smf

Try this link

http://www.Philadelphiapark.com/XXXXXXX using microsoft media

or www.racingchannel.com/XXXXXXXXX using realplayer

Jim

smf
04-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Bingo!

Thanks much, Jim.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2002, 09:20 PM
I received a few e-mails suggesting that the posting of those video links may not be in the best interest of Philly Phone Bet, as they are obviously trying (unsuccessfully), to keep the video private for members only....

With that in mind, I edited out the links that JimG provided....

Now, it is MY opinion that if Philly Phone Bet can't do a good enough job in keeping their video private (and there are ways to accomplish this that they are not employing), then they deserve to have the link become public domain....which is why I didn't immediately alter the link that JimG posted....

However, since many of the members of this board DO belong to Philly Phone Bet and DO utilize the "private" video feed, I thought it would be best to remove the link (not that my ego is big enough to think my little web site is going to cause bandwidth problems for PhillyPhoneBet).....

What do the rest of you think about this??

==PA

cj
04-05-2002, 09:23 PM
I think that is not very fair, IMHO, to blame Philly Park. You could just as easily post BRIS, DRF, etc. data files here on the sight. Either one is not permitted by the company, so why obey one's rules and not the other.

Like I said,
Just my opinion,
CJ

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2002, 09:34 PM
There is no easy way that I know of to bypass the password/username sign in process at BRIS.

The links JimG posted take you DIRECTLY to the live video feed, bypassing the sign-in process that Philly Phone Bet is using.

Obviously Philly Phone Bet can improve their security IF their goal is to limit public viewing of their video feed. It's quite simple to discover the underlying link to any video or audio feed on the web. The programmers at Philly have to know this. In that same vein, it is very easy to protect this link from the public, and they are NOT doing a good job of that....

And does it say anywhere on the Philly web site that one is PROHIBITED from viewing the video feed or disclosing the link if one is not a member of Philly Phone Bet???

I stand by my initial post.

==PA

cj
04-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Just a difference of opinion, no hard feelings I hope.

CJ

JimG
04-05-2002, 10:05 PM
First of all, I did not mean to stir up a controversy by posting this link. In the beginning, the realplayer link was readily available to all and has not changed since its inception.

There is nothing I could find on the racing channel website that leads me to believe there is any type of copyright or other legal protection against sharing of this information. They do not charge nor do I pay the racing channel for this information. Therefore, I think CJ's comparison to Bris files, which one pays BRIS for, and would certainly be improper (if not illegal) to give away to someone else, is a ridiculous stretch.

Jim

smf
04-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Guys,

I should have asked for this in private. My apologies.

Note,

If any of y'all wanna come over and watch racing on my dish next week, you're welcome to it. Since I'm the one payin fer it, it s/b ok :) ....(just kidding)

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2002, 10:50 PM
CJ,

Absolutely no hard feelings on this end....I just find it kind of amusing how Philly goes through the trouble of requiring a sign-in on their website to view the video, when in reality there is no sign-in necessary if you know where to look....

And SMF, if you lived closer to me, I just might have taken you up on that offer!! ;)

==PA

BillW
04-06-2002, 12:21 AM
PA,

Remember these guys are racetrack mgmt. They look at customers as idiots and with disdain. It is funny how they get mad when the customer doesn't live up to (down to?) their expectations. :)

Bill

melman
04-06-2002, 03:04 AM
Hold the phone a second Bill, Philly has this racingchannel.com or now PhonebetTV set up for it's customers who reside in PA. They are not stupid and know that you can get to the video by other means but continue on with it as a service. If it gets out of hand they will of course have to stop it. They provide quite a lineup of results and entries and real time odds for FREE. How is this fan unfriendly and thinking of your customers as dumb??

BillW
04-06-2002, 04:01 AM
melman,

I got the impression that PA was contacted re. posting the links above. My comments were based on that impression. I've witnessed many occurances in this new "dotcom" world where an entity, as a knee jerk reaction, will send a lawyer after the messenger rather than addressing the problem of access by install a lock (password protection) as PA discussed above. I find the trend toward assigning blame to others rather than taking responsibility distressing. If my initial impression was incorrect, I spoke out of turn and apologize.

Bill

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2002, 11:41 AM
I was contacted, but not by Philly....I was sent a few e-mails from members of this board....one of them was a member of Philly Phone Bet....

==PA

smf
04-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by melman
Hold the phone a second Bill, Philly has this racingchannel.com or now PhonebetTV set up for it's customers who reside in PA. They are not stupid and know that you can get to the video by other means but continue on with it as a service. If it gets out of hand they will of course have to stop it. They provide quite a lineup of results and entries and real time odds for FREE. How is this fan unfriendly and thinking of your customers as dumb??

Melman,

At one time I would have agreed somewhat that philly was providing a customer friendly service but I can't say that anymore.

When TRN pulled the plug, they still had a partnership w/ Stronach, did they not? The studios and equiptment were located at philly park. Well, a lot of folks had paid for this service on a YEARLY basis and were left with no service, and money GONE to magna and philly. No refunds were given to folks that paid in advance (just ask MikeDee). My account was robbed by TRN for only 2 months worth of charges. Lucky me.

Second, philly decided to close out TX residents accounts in 1999 when the TRC went around asking phone bet services to do so. Call-a- bet called TRC on their bluff and kept our accounts open while philly park ran off like a scolded dog, tail between their legs and wimpered in the corner. In the process, it left a lot of us HERE without access to that link even tho we (TX bettors) lined their little greenwood pockets for *YEARS*.

About all I see from that philly group is setting up shop, then leaving whenever the going gets tough.

Like I say, I wish I had asked for that link in private. But when the new dish comes in this week (not the stronach/ philly trn) I won't clog up their precious little bandwidth anymore.

melman
04-06-2002, 02:10 PM
smf, sorry to hear of your problems with TRN. Many fine people lost there jobs in a very "bush" way. That operation was a diaster from the beginning and run by the "wrong" people. No excuse for you and others not getting a refund. I can only say that Phonebet has been very good to me with FREE DRF's free BRIS ultimate's free food and REBATES. They (the rebates) are not large but are better than nothing. I respect your view and wish you nothing but the best with your dish. I do not work for the folks at Phonebet but do know one or two fine people that do. Again best to you smf.