PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Spending

Brisk Urging
11-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Hope hes ok.Not a word form NBC.

Sysonby
11-05-2022, 03:59 PM
I saw something saying it was pelvis and he's being taken for treatment.

Brisk Urging
11-05-2022, 04:25 PM
I saw something saying it was pelvis and he's being taken for treatment.

Tough weekend for Brown

I think Search Results bled brutal

Tom
11-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Add Epicenter to the list......

jocko699
11-05-2022, 06:03 PM
https://twitter.com/TheRealChadCBr1/status/1589005529384620032

Update from Chad about DS

Sysonby
11-05-2022, 06:44 PM
I read on twitter that Epicenter has also been taken to Rood and Riddle

barbaro123
11-06-2022, 06:47 AM
https://twitter.com/TheRealChadCBr1/status/1589005529384620032

Update from Chad about DS

Domestic Spending had not raced since Aug 2021- to put him in a race as demanding as this one off of that protracted layoff, is, IMO, bordering on negligence. Terrible decision. I do not believe this horse will survive. Pelvic fractures are extremely serious, often fatal. Two horses in Europe died from pelvic fracture, including Snowfall, the Japanese horse who won a big race in England by a great amount of lengths.

Tom
11-06-2022, 05:37 PM
https://twitter.com/Steve_Byk/status/1588980069493456896

jocko699
11-06-2022, 05:56 PM
From 3 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/TheRealChadCBr1/status/1589340984654979073?s=20&t=EZvrGBuz7yBLAqZ_JFuA8A

Someday Silent
11-10-2022, 11:51 PM
Domestic Spending had not raced since Aug 2021- to put him in a race as demanding as this one off of that protracted layoff, is, IMO, bordering on negligence. Terrible decision. I do not believe this horse will survive. Pelvic fractures are extremely serious, often fatal. Two horses in Europe died from pelvic fracture, including Snowfall, the Japanese horse who won a big race in England by a great amount of lengths.

I find it interesting that there's been relatively little public outcry about this. Leading up to BC weekend I saw a bunch of stuff on Lukas ruining or breaking down Secret Oath, while "Brown knows his horse and always places them well, and remember what Da Hoss did,".
:puke:

Tom
11-11-2022, 10:17 AM
Who could forget what Dahoss did?! :lol:

Spalding No!
11-11-2022, 11:37 AM
I find it interesting that there's been relatively little public outcry about this. Leading up to BC weekend I saw a bunch of stuff on Lukas ruining or breaking down Secret Oath, while "Brown knows his horse and always places them well, and remember what Da Hoss did,".
:puke:
Secret Oath should have rebooted as an extended sprinter starting with the Test Stakes after it became evident that Nest had progressed well beyond her in routes.

Based on her Distaff effort, she should have been in the FM Sprint.

If she's not getting a break over the winter hopefully she shows up in the La Brea at Santa Anita after Xmas. Likewise for Wicked Halo & Gunite (Malibu) after their ill-advised jaunts in the BC on the heels of victories in minor races 2 weeks earlier.

Flightline should have been afforded the opportunity to run in the Cigar Mile (if not the Pegasus Faux Cup, too) to prove to breeders (you know, the people that matter the most in racing) that he could handle racing twice in less than a month's time. Could have given Elite Power, Cody's Wish, and maybe even Life is Good a chance to upend the great horse in their preferred setting (a one turn mile).

GMB@BP
11-11-2022, 12:21 PM
Likewise for Wicked Halo & Gunite (Malibu) after their ill-advised jaunts in the BC on the heels of victories in minor races 2 weeks earlier.

both looked so good in those races why not take a chance? After the race its easy to say it was not the best decision, though neither one ran that poorly.

I dont know, guess just wishing horses ran more and didnt care about perfect records with tons of spacing.

Spalding No!
11-11-2022, 01:59 PM
both looked so good in those races why not take a chance? After the race its easy to say it was not the best decision, though neither one ran that poorly.

I dont know, guess just wishing horses ran more and didnt care about perfect records with tons of spacing.
Yes, it was ridiculous of me to lump in Wicked Halo as she got a placing; I'm not railing against the 2-week turnaround so much as I hope them running in the BC doesn't preclude them from showing up opening day at SA. They both would be major contenders in those races.

I think there was some chatter that Gunite entered the wrong race on top of everything else.

Someday Silent
11-13-2022, 03:06 AM
Who could forget what Dahoss did?! :lol:

I got to meet Da Hoss at Kentucky Horse Park many years ago. He was a chill dude of a Thoroughbred.

And Chad Brown isn't fit to carry Michael Dickinson's dirty socks. :kiss:

cj
11-13-2022, 11:17 AM
I think there was some chatter that Gunite entered the wrong race on top of everything else.

Seemed to be avoiding his stablemate, Jackie's Warrior. It is bad enough about 5 trainers have 95% of the best horses, now they are kept apart in BC races. Gunite had never even been two turns before, was in top form sprinting, and tried the Dirt Mile. Maybe Steve A will learn from this since neither one.

Spalding No!
11-13-2022, 11:50 AM
Seemed to be avoiding his stablemate, Jackie's Warrior. It is bad enough about 5 trainers have 95% of the best horses, now they are kept apart in BC races. Gunite had never even been two turns before, was in top form sprinting, and tried the Dirt Mile. Maybe Steve A will learn from this since neither one.
Yep, and--I'm being facetious--maybe the BC will learn from this abandon the BC Dirt Mile. Probably the reverse is true with the sentimental circumstances surrounding Cody's Wish's victory carving this edition into BC "lore".

Godolphin basically passed on a shot at the sprint Eclipse by abstaining from taking on Jackie's Warrior again (who CW lit up in the Forego). Obviously Mott is one of the trainers you referred to that controls most of the top horses.

Meanwhile, the Arkansas Derby/Haskell winner basically tried a back door approach to the 3yo Eclipse by avoiding the Classic. I'm sure if he won the photo he'd be more prominent in the champion 3yo chatter.

And now we have people talking about Slow Down Andy being some up-and-comer. I guess that's the bright side, as he's probably a bet-against when he reappears. Even if you think he is top class, O'Neill is sure to send him on another disorganized campaign next season.