PDA

View Full Version : calibration vs a1handicapping

delayjf
01-13-2005, 02:11 PM
From what I've read here on the board, seems both books put at least some emphasis on "moves within a race". If anyone has read both, can you tell me the difference between the two books?? It seems that the moves within a race are the best part of both books.

BIG HIT
01-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi have both book's are simular in they share a couple of trainer move's angle's.But calibration handicapping is more into fraction with in a race.Wheresecret'sof handicapping is more on conditioning and trainer intent.Both book's are worth the money.But if new to the game jim book is much easyer to follow more of a blue print to follow.And jerry book you have to think more and be more aware but will help you catch more long price's

andicap
01-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I'd go with Calibration Handicapping. More "meat" in there.

Very readable book. Good information, although I'm not sold on everything Jim does, but Joe Prunes from this board uses his methods and loves him. Joe hit some great longshots (second place in the exacta) at the Saratoga PA party last year. 30-1 and 22-1 and such using CH methods.

Tom
01-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Jim and Jerry are friends so there is some overlap between both books.

midnight
01-22-2005, 03:44 AM
I've bought them both, and both have food for thought. I prefer Jerry's book because I put more emphasis on trainer intention. But they're both worth the price.

midnight
01-22-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I just re-read "Secrets of Handicapping" (The E-Book Jerry sells), and a LOT of the ideas in the book are almost exactly the same as some in Jon Worth's TIPS manual. Some of them even have the same names and acronyms as Worth's do.

I don't know who originally had any of these ideas or if the original author is aware of and/or consents to the usage by the other author, but it's certainly worth an explanation.