PDA

View Full Version : rational Christians

46zilzal
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.progressivechristiansuniting.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=News&report=SingleArticle&ArticleID=0018

Secretariat
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.progressivechristiansuniting.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=News&report=SingleArticle&ArticleID=0018

Good article

JustRalph
01-12-2005, 11:36 PM
why don't you guys just get a room.............

RXB
01-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Hellfire, the Devil, enemies and miracles play a lot better on TV and make for better theatre in the churches. These progressive types with their Sermon on the Mount references are nothing but a bunch of commie hippie peacenik dopers from the 60's.

boxcar
01-13-2005, 07:18 AM
JustRalph wrote:

why don't you guys just get a room

And, "guys", while you're at it, make sure it's a certifiably padded one.

Boxcar

Secretariat
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Box,

How do you explain this?

http://in.news.yahoo.com/050116/139/2j1rp.html

boxcar
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Secretariat wrote:

How do you explain this?

Why do you ask me? Was I there? And do you naively suppose that everyone who professes Christ is a genuine Christian? Have you not read?:

Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'
NASB

It sounds to me, apart from having any real knowledge of what actually happened, that those "missionaries" may not have been acting according to God's will in that incident.

But why not ask the church you attend "regularly"? Perhaps they can give you spiritual guidance into such matters, providing everyone there isn't a mere pew warmer.

Boxcar

JustRalph
01-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Sec.............

At least they didn't rap their knuckles with a ruler before they left!

boxcar
01-16-2005, 11:58 PM
JustRalph wrote:

At least they didn't rap their knuckles with a ruler before they left.

You can't be sure of that, or even worse, JR! Religious Zealots who act without true knowledge have been known to do many distateful and even horrible things. Great example of this is the First Century Jews, and how many of them were hell-bent on persecuting the Christian chruch. Paul wrote of these Jews:

Rom 10:1-2
10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
NASB

In the larger context of this passage, it becomes obvious that the "them" and the "they" Paul was referring to were Jews. Religious to the hilt. Zealous to the max. But all to no avail, as it was not according to the true knowledge of God.

Likewise, those missionaries probably were very religious and possessed much zeal, but had no true knowledge of God or any real understanding of the Gospel; and, therefore, acted in a most untoward, uncharitable manner toward those poor, unfortunate people.

On the bright side, though, I personally know of several Christian churches in my area who have contributed liberally (in the good sense of this term) to the tsunami relief efforts in various ways.

Boxcar

Secretariat
01-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Secretariat wrote:

[b]It sounds to me, apart from having any real knowledge of what actually happened, that those "missionaries" may not have been acting according to God's will in that incident.

Boxcar

You think so?

toetoe
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
This just in from the Track Announcers' Convention:
Trevor Denman:"46 Zilzal and Secretariat just CRYING out for a room!"
M. Wrona:"Neck and neck ... oh I'll stay out of that one thankyouverymuch."
T. Calo:"These two together as one!"
Craig Ingram: "These two are gunna get it on."
Dave Johson: "And down the sketch we come!"
Vic Stauffer: "Careful, Secretariat, you wouldn't want ... to CRUSH!"
Tom Durkin: "ONE .... FINAL .... EXTENSION!
Vic Stauffer again: "YYYESSS!

46zilzal
01-17-2005, 11:01 PM
This just in from the Track Announcers' Convention:
Trevor Denman:"46 Zilzal and Secretariat just CRYING out for a room!"

Just how long have you had Hirschprung's disease? It is NOT very readily treated

Tom
01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Try an American doctor-they are very good.
Went to real med schools. :D