PDA

View Full Version : Virus Alert

IRISHLADSTABLE
01-12-2005, 07:32 AM
http://www.optonline.net/Virus_Alert/Article?CID=type%3Dreg%26channel%3D54%26article%3D 13469698

Zaf
01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Since I have been using Firefox browser, I have not had any problems with pop-ups, viruses, spyware, data-miners etc. My ad-aware software doesn't have much to do anymore :cool:

ZAFONIC

Pace Cap'n
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
I also use Firefox and get all the benefits mentioned by Zafonic.

However, I still have IE on my machine. Am I being expose to IE vulnerabilities by simply having it reside on my machine?

The only time IE is used is when it is involuntarily invoked by another website. Neteller is one such site.

For a work-around for sites that want to use IE, copy the link and paste it into your Firefox browser. When the page comes up, add it to Firefox bookmarks and use that link for future access.

Zaf
01-12-2005, 12:18 PM
I have to use IE on limited occasions also. Ex. Betting Websites which do not support Firefox. But limiting my exposure to it has kept my system quite clean !

ZAFONIC

Tom
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Funny, MS, which makes the crappy browser, no security, full of holes, is going to come out with a protection program it will SELL to fix the problems it already SOLD you!
Meanwhile, the guys at FF are giving away the fix!

My gawd, man, just how big are Billy-boy Gates's balls!? :eek: