PDA

View Full Version : Software that ranks A/P, E/P, S/P, F/X, H/E

sq764
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Can anyone tell me what software offers specific rankings of E/P, A/P, S/P, F/X and H/E?? Besides Modern Pace Handicapping?

Do most offer these factors? I have to admit, I am very attached to MPH software and it's been very good to me, but I know that it's outdated..

I would like to find a modern day, windows based emulation of MPH if there is one out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Dick Schmidt
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Take a look at Synergism. Bob Purdy helped develop most of these ratings and his program has them all. You can download a copy of the program with a couple of days of data free.

www.synergism-sdp.com (http://www.synergism-sdp.com)

Dick

Donnie
01-11-2005, 04:48 PM
...also be sure to check out HTR2 at www.htr2.com ....Ken Massa, the man behind the program, originally wrote MPH...so you are going back to the well with HTR2. The original numbers are there and many more good ones have been added! Best of Luck!

Maxspa
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
SQ,
You won't be disappointed with HTR.They have a group of guys that will give you pointers if you need them. Donnie Nader, heads the list of capable resource people. Ken Massa is bright, innovative and will create a program for you at a reasonable price. Lots of other handicapping options within the framework of their software.
Maxspa

andicap
01-11-2005, 11:00 PM
I'll give another thumbs up to HTR. What I like about it is its versatility. I know a lot of the HTR people play tournaments or are database players looking for spot plays.

I'm neither of these, but still find it an excellent software, especially if you are a pace handicapper. And Ken will build you a custom version for a reasonable price that puts the factors you use the most at your fingertips.

sq764
01-11-2005, 11:13 PM
What are the main differences in HTR and Synergism?

Maxspa
01-11-2005, 11:27 PM
SQ,
Pehaps if Dick Schmidt reads your question, he could give a definitive answer. That being said, my opinion is, that Synergism has a greater learning curve than HTR. Other than that both programs have a lot of data to use, both are downloaded from HDW and the software has been developed by top professionals.
Maxspa