PDA

View Full Version : The "I Should have researched this first" award goes to...

sq764
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/10/cbs.guard/index.html

lsbets
01-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Remember CBS insisting that there was nothing wrong with their story? How about the CBS defenders who said that it didn't matter if the memos were real or not, the story still had to be true. I bet Rather is proud of his last year of work.

Secretariat
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Remember CBS insisting that there was nothing wrong with their story? How about the CBS defenders who said that it didn't matter if the memos were real or not, the story still had to be true. I bet Rather is proud of his last year of work.

Are these the excerpts you meant for us to notice in the article?

"Killian's former wife, son and secretary all questioned the validity of the memos, though his secretary said THEY DID REFLECT HIS [Killian’s] VIEWS at the time about Bush."

Or this part:

“The panel, which was led by former Attorney General Richard Thornburgh and former Associated Press President Louis Boccardi, added that -- despite accusations of political bias against CBS -- "[the panel] CANNOT conclude that a political agenda at '60 Minutes Wednesday' drove either the timing of the airing of the segment or its content."

sq764
01-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Leave it to you to find silver lining in a flat out embarrassment for CBS and the entire anti-Bush agenda..

I would expect nothing less from you.

Tom
01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
They fire a bunch of people, but not the one who sat in the chair and looked America in the eye....and lied like a POS.
cBS should actually have thier broadcasting license suspeneded.