PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs part deux

Valuist
01-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Some interesting matchups. 4 rematches. A few thoughts:

Indy is just a machine. I thought they outplayed NE back in week 1 and I think they get revenge this time. Indy's D, while giving up chunks of yardage, also led the NFL in turnovers forced. When the Pats beat Indy last year, Ty Law picked Manning off 3 times. Law will not be playing this time. The Colt O reminds me of the 85 Bears D, the 99 Rams O and the 00 Raven D. Just so good it can overcome weaknesses on the other side. Lean: Colts

Philly and the Vikings met up earlier in the year on a Monday night. The Vikes moved the ball all game but struggled in the red zone. Biggest surprise from yesterday was the Minny D played a solid game vs the Packers. No question Philly misses TO; they were destroying teams earlier in the year. They've been out of rhthym for a while now. They may win but there's no way I'm laying 9.5 or 10. Lean; Vikings.

I haven't seen a total yet on the Jets/Pitt but I'm guessing around 34 which makes 9.5 a ton of pts for a likely low scoring game. I do think Pitt will prevail but I don't see a double digit win. Lean: Jets

The Rams won Saturday in spite of Martz burning all his time outs with 5 min to play in the 3rd Quarter. They beat a very mediocre overrated Seattle team. The Rams are at their best when they have a speed advantage. That will not be the case this weekend. Atlanta rolled them pretty good earlier in the season and I see more of the same. Lean: Falcons

sq764
01-10-2005, 10:57 AM
You had to figure we would disagree :-)

Philly by 14, New England by a field goal

Pitt by 10 points, Atlanta by a field goal..

I think the lines are very good and of all of them, I would feel most confident in Philly. I think their defense will make a mess for Minny's offense, especially after facing the horrible Green Bay defense.. Eagles should be able to score at will on Minny, TO or no TO.

I still like New England until someone knocks them off. No rookie DB's to pick on in New England's defense.. And Brady can step it up when need be.

Valuist
01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Actually the play I really like in the Minny/Philly game is the UNDER 49. TO is out and Moss is hurting. He was really limping badly so Philly's HR threat won't play and the Vikes will be limited.

I think the Steelers are a worse matchup for the Colts than the Patriots. I want to see a weather forecast first, but I definitely lean toward Indy, who has been the most impressive team this year.

Valuist
01-10-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm not as sold on the Jets. Coming off a tough hard fought game in OT, fly cross country back, then hit the road to face the most physical team in the NFL, situationally, its a tough spot. But all the more reasons to like Atlanta, as St Louis had to fight to the final play of the game to preserve a win, then faces another trip next week.

BIG RED
01-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Anyone have the betting line on Pats / Indy game? Can't find it at Pinnacle

BillW
01-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Anyone have the betting line on Pats / Indy game? Can't find it at Pinnacle

Big Red,

They had the audacity to put it where you weren't looking. :p

http://www5.pinnaclesports.com/vwGuestLines.asp?redirected=yes&SportType=Football&SportSubType=NFL

Bill

BIG RED
01-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Bill, it shows the money line blank. That's what I meant to say, money line. Thanks.

Valuist
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I've noticed Pinnacle doesn't usually offer a moneyline when the spread is real low, like 1 or 1.5.

BillW
01-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I never wager on football and need an education here. What is the +107 -117 in the spread column? is that the moneyline with the points?

BIG RED
01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Correct Bill. Thats for the spread. Money line is betting for winner straight up.

Valuest, you could be right, they have the line tight.

Valuist
01-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I heard that the Patriots are NOT covering the field all week so it can get deep and soggy; basically a track/turf bias to slow down the Colts. The under may be the way to go, totalwise.

ElKabong
01-13-2005, 05:25 PM
One of our 24hr sports radio stations here has Norm Hitzges as a host...Normie said this morning that Belichek is concerned with Indy's quickness so he had the field crew leave the turf uncovered all day yesterday and last nite, this morning...Supposedly had some bad weather there the past 24 hrs. The hope is to make the field "slow".

Don't ask me how he gets this info, but he does. He's not a funny host but gets some good & true info quite often.

I'll take Pitt to go to the superbowel. For some reason I like Atlanta's chances to get there w/ that defense of theirs.

ElKabong
01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry Valuist....I dupelicated your "slow track" thing. Dunno how I overlooked it.

BIG RED
01-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Almost as good as 'The Snowplow' plan! May get snow Sun. afternoon, that will help the Pats by far.

....another person wishing for snow.....