PDA

View Full Version : Nest

PalaceOfFortLarned
08-21-2022, 08:27 AM
Pretty special filly that is bred and has shown that she can run all day.

BC Distaff seems like a cinch for her right now. Is the Classic possibly next for Nest?

I think we all fall into the filly hype. Zenyatta. Rachel Alexandra. Beholder. Songbird. The great Z even beat the boys in the biggest and toughest race to be ran, and 2nd the year after.

After a somewhat troubled trip in the Belmont, and 2 very strong performances coming out of that race where should she run? BC Distaff? BC Classic?

the little guy
08-21-2022, 08:42 AM
Pretty special filly that is bred and has shown that she can run all day.

BC Distaff seems like a cinch for her right now. Is the Classic possibly next for Nest?

I think we all fall into the filly hype. Zenyatta. Rachel Alexandra. Beholder. Songbird. The great Z even beat the boys in the biggest and toughest race to be ran, and 2nd the year after.

After a somewhat troubled trip in the Belmont, and 2 very strong performances coming out of that race where should she run? BC Distaff? BC Classic?

She's not even the likely favorite for the Distaff. This is really silly stuff.

PalaceOfFortLarned
08-21-2022, 08:51 AM

I agree. I think it is silly, but seems to kind of be the question being asked out of her Alabama performance yesterday.

Personally, I don't see it as all that amazing. 2:03 and change is 2:03 and change. Great times were ran yesterday on that track. If it was 2:01 and change, maybe I'd have a different outlook.

Great filly nonetheless.

Andy Asaro
08-21-2022, 08:55 AM
Whether Irad was race riding or not she traveled a lot farther than she needed to by going really wide through the turn and into the stretch and then coming in toward the rail. She is special and I like the connections. Irad not so much

classhandicapper
08-21-2022, 09:34 AM
I think she’s better now than last years’s crop of 3yo fillies at this time (who were good in their own right), but they are older mares now and have moved forward. She’s got a couple of months of development potential before she has to face them, but she looks like she fits to me.

PhantomOnTour
08-21-2022, 09:44 AM

She may well be favored in the Distaff.

Her 104 Beyer in the Coaching Club (same distance as the Distaff) is only two points lower than the 106 put up by Clariere and Malathaat, who are the presumed leaders of the older Filly/Mare dirt division right now, and the latter may be slipping a bit, which leaves one older mare in her way....Clariere.
It's entirely plausible that Nest can develop further and surpass both of them.

Not sure about the status of Letruska, but she hasn't run as fast as Nest this year (Beyer-wise). I may be overlooking a mare out west, but as far as the east is concerned, it's her and Clariere imo.

Andy Asaro
08-21-2022, 09:47 AM
She may well be favored in the Distaff.

Her 104 Beyer in the Coaching Club (same distance as the Distaff) is only two points lower than the 106 put up by Clariere and Malathaat, who are the presumed leaders of the older Filly/Mare dirt division right now, and the latter may be slipping a bit, which leaves one older mare in her way....Clariere.
It's entirely plausible that Nest can develop further and surpass both of them.

Not sure about the status of Letruska, but she hasn't run as fast as Nest this year (Beyer-wise).

Nest can and will beat them both. She's not close to being maxed out on figures yet IMO

Letruska is done

Spalding No!
08-21-2022, 10:05 AM
Letruska is done
I think Letruska has half a dozen bullet works since her loss in the Ogden Phipps.

Maybe they are only B+ works or something...

the little guy
08-21-2022, 10:14 AM
I think Letruska has half a dozen bullet works since her loss in the Ogden Phipps.

Maybe they are only B+ works or something...

She's running in the Personal Ensign

the little guy
08-21-2022, 10:15 AM
Whether Irad was race riding or not she traveled a lot farther than she needed to by going really wide through the turn and into the stretch and then coming in toward the rail. She is special and I like the connections. Irad not so much

Everyone is pretty much staying off the inside in all dirt races.

Sheffwed
08-21-2022, 10:23 AM

nice job picking against her yesterday, some really valuable insight there

the little guy
08-21-2022, 10:41 AM
nice job picking against her yesterday, some really valuable insight there

It must pain you every day to see how well I have been handicapping the races this meet.

It must really suck being you.

PalaceOfFortLarned
08-21-2022, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/Zipseatthetrack/status/1561337611322548224

Andy Asaro
08-21-2022, 10:46 AM
Everyone is pretty much staying off the inside in all dirt races.

Right and she appears to be more comfortable outside of horses. But that was extreme.

Sheffwed
08-21-2022, 11:07 AM
It must pain you every day to see how well I have been handicapping the races this meet.

It must really suck being you.

oh yeah, nice job yesterday, picking against Echo Again and Nest

how well you handicap indeed

next you'll take credit for the record wagering levels in US horse racing because you convinced people to bet against two superstars

LI Racing Guy
08-21-2022, 04:14 PM
oh yeah, nice job yesterday, picking against Echo Again and Nest

how well you handicap indeed

next you'll take credit for the record wagering levels in US horse racing because you convinced people to bet against two superstars

Handicapper picks favorites and people complain. Handicapper picks against favorites and people still complain. Give him credit for going outside the box even if he was wrong. Did you really need another person telling you that Echo Again and Nest were locks?

The Arbiter
08-21-2022, 07:54 PM
I know that's what I want in my handicappers. Put me on to those odds-on favorites where I can make pennies on the dollar!

myohmyjustify
08-21-2022, 10:00 PM
The F & M division is as solid as I recall in many years. Really can't wait to the fall races at Aqueduct and then the Breeder's Cup.

Looking at Nest's last two races, visually speaking anyway, I am now of the opinion that with a better start, Nest just may have won the Belmont Stakes at the expense of Mo Donegal.

Just my opinion, obviously.

cj
08-21-2022, 10:11 PM

I actually think she'd be favored right now in the Distaff. Malathaat and Clariere don't have that wow factor. But the Classic talk is silly, she'd get dusted if the top males make it to the race. That obviously isn't a gimme.

classhandicapper
08-22-2022, 11:17 AM
Looking at Nest's last two races, visually speaking anyway, I am now of the opinion that with a better start, Nest just may have won the Belmont Stakes at the expense of Mo Donegal.

Just my opinion, obviously.

I don't think that's an extreme opinion.

She is VERY GOOD as far as 3yo fillies go. I don't think Mo Donegal is at the top of the 3yo colt division. IMO it's at least very close based on that result and what we've seen since reinforces your opinion.

Sysonby
08-22-2022, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering if we'll see a meeting between Nest and Moira before the Distaff.

azeri98
08-22-2022, 12:10 PM
I'm wondering if we'll see a meeting between Nest and Moira before the Distaff.

I want to see Moira run on dirt before I make a comparison. I hope she runs in the Prince of Wales which is on dirt. Then we might be able to glean more. That being said here pedigree suggests dirt won't be an isuue, Ghostzapper/Unbridled's Song

burnsy
08-23-2022, 12:02 PM
A) If you need a public handicapper to gauge this horse…….. you need to keep studying . I mean , cmon, if you are basing your opinion on that. Been doing this any length of time . What’s the point? Your not interested in learning yourself. Just my opinion but I’ve been doing this for over 40 years. I can win or lose a race in my own now.

B) Of course this horse can win the Distaff. Christ, people can’t remember yesterday around here. That race was a total pace, meltdown last year. Some of the same speed is still around. If the race shapes up like last years running. She has a huge shot.

But of course many people would rather bicker than actually analyze a race for themselves.

classhandicapper
07-24-2023, 09:31 AM
The Nest vs. Clairiere rivalry should be fun this year. It will pick up right where Malathaat vs Clairiere left off.

A lot of people thought Nest was over bet in the Distaff, but I’m not convinced her 4th place finish there proved where she fit in the pecking order last year. She arguably moved a bit early in a race that fell apart.

This time she had the advantage of first move in slow paced race.

Should be fun.

burnsy
07-24-2023, 10:08 AM
How much of a chance does Clairiere have in a race like that ?? Other than the fact Nest is coming off the lay off . This is where the 4 horse fields really kind of hurt the spirit of this game . Short field , moderate pace , Nest is off to the races before Clairiere can stretch her legs into that big stride late. That’s why the BC is a whole different race . You get a full field of good horses with a real pace factor . Nest probably wins that race yesterday 9 out of 10 times and the one she loses is because she stumbled early . The scratches and short fields are really not nice for competitive racing .

And why are people bitching about public handicappers? Is that how you really bet ? I’d be embarrassed to admit that on here if I did that . Lol

CheckMark
07-24-2023, 11:09 AM
Handicapper picks favorites and people complain. Handicapper picks against favorites and people still complain. Give him credit for going outside the box even if he was wrong. Did you really need another person telling you that Echo Again and Nest were locks?

One guy on Twitter blasted me because I did not take Nest.

Here's his response:

You’re a fu*kin square, hope you didn’t bet too much against her. WTF DO U MEAN VLAUE??? NEST @ 4/5 WAS A FU*KIN GIFT BUDDYYY. Maybe learn how to handicap then come back to me. So you bet the 3/5 that got second? If you fu*kin know anything ab horse racing you know Nest is practically unbeatable. Wouldn’t be surprised if you’ve never seen a pair of t*ts before either you absolute grimlin.

I just reported this guy. What a weird one.

Tom
07-25-2023, 11:11 AM
Reply to him, "I am going to tell yout Mother what you said tonight."

....wonder if that was Dahoss? :lol:

CheckMark
07-25-2023, 09:31 PM
Reply to him, "I am going to tell yout Mother what you said tonight."

....wonder if that was Dahoss? :lol:

Yea, I wish I had. I told him the nicest I could to not bash someone over a selection and stuff, and this was his reply. I blocked him and reported him (again) after this

Might see you in hell with your whole family.. good luck betting your square ass shit the 10 years you got left

Sorry I keep showing this guy nonsense, but for someone who tries his best to make selections and keeps it positive all the time it just brings me down to see comments like this.