PDA

View Full Version : Sprints Only Software on Ebay

panda1
01-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Was wondering if anyone uses or have used this software and what your thoughts were good or bad ? :cool:

HANDICAPPING - SPRINTS ONLY SPRINTS

betovernetcapper
01-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I checked out the seller's feedback and found an earlier version of this product

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=429&item=5127463108

$90 :rolleyes:

Hosshead
01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Saw the ad on ebay for the newer (no manual data entry) version of this sw. It can take TSN .50ct files, but more importantly, can it use the $59/mo TSN Procap files?

betovernetcapper
01-10-2005, 11:32 AM
More importantly then the cost of the data it uses is what it does with the data.
This is the information used

Morning line odds
Current years earnings
Current tracks wins-places-shows
Speed ratings last 2 sprints
finish position last sprint

Cutting age tech circa 1954 :D

John
01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Sounds like the Author is just concentrating on Sprints races. That could be a good thing.all of his efforts are going in one direction. If you are like me and like to play the Pick-3. this software might be able to give you a key horse in the sprints. Anybody try it yet.

Richard
01-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know whether or not this software also requires the use of Excel?

jk3521
01-10-2005, 07:58 PM
If this software is for sprints exclusively, and of course if it works well, then my comment pertaining to "Custom Card" data files from BRIS would seem to be the ticket to a sure fortune. I'm a sucker for any handicapping software, so I might take a shot at purchasing it, and then hope that BRIS and TSN go for "Custom Card" data files.

John
01-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Richard,

As I understand the ebay flier. It will take any comma delimited file. just enter file and click and go.

betovernetcapper
01-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Morning line odds
Current years earnings
Current tracks wins-places-shows
Speed ratings last 2 sprints
finish position last sprint

$80 ?????????? There's better shareware.

Maxspa
01-10-2005, 10:16 PM
John,
It's on the way. I'll let you know how the software is performing!
Maxspa

jk3521
01-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey, at least it isn't marketed by R.P.M. !!

John
01-11-2005, 10:52 AM
BETOVERNETCAPPER

You are not being fair, you have never seen or ran a workout for "Sprint only Sprint" software. I suggest we wait until Maxspa does a workout. I would like to hear from Maxspa on "Sprint only Sprint" There is no one I personally know that has experimented with more software programs than him. Maxspa Will give an honest an unbiased workout. Maxspa has helped me over time with his straight forward opinion.

Also I like the idea of this program considering sprints only.If you recall "rmania" [ member ] has a sprint software for the West coast tracks only and I heard good things about that program.

Betovernetcapper, To me it does not matter what kind of sticks and stones go in the makeup software.
Bottom line ......it should show a profit or help you towards a profitable goal.

John

Zaf
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I would like to see the results also. Good Luck with it Maxspa !!!

ZAFONIC

betovernetcapper
01-11-2005, 11:30 AM
First let me wish Maxspa the luck in the world and for his sake I hope I'm wrong.

Secondly I too would llike a sprints only program that actually worked. The first book I read on horse racing was Killaen's Formula Handicapping, a work which dealt only with sprints. Over the last 30 years I've examined a lot of sprints, and I can assert with certain authority, that sprints are different than routes. However sprints at different tracks (and even at different sprint distances), handicap differently. A zero speed point horse running at TUP might be an automatic throw out, but a serious contender at FG. I just don't see a universal sprint program in my lifetime.

Re the data input-The program I use tracks 18 (?) variables, including ML and earnings. At some tracks some of the times one or both of these might be meaningful or carry as much weight as a horses's color.

In short, to me, this does not look like a serious work and very overpriced at $80.
best to all :)

NoDayJob
01-11-2005, 12:45 PM
:D 80 BUCKS---WOO WEE---"THE SLICKER, QWIKER, HOSS PIQUER" IS ONLY A BUCK-NINETY-NINE :D

NDJ

John
01-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Betovernetcapper
I too had a sprint system years ago. back then it depended heavily on the DRF speed rating and track variant. Winners at $7 $8 $9 were plentiful. Then it caught on. Todays plays are $4 and $5 It still picks winners, only no value.

Just received a u.s. mail for a paper and pencil method.$125.00 and a software program over $600.Does that make it good.I don't think so.
You and I could have the same software.Price for it does not matter. It will work for you and not for me.Why? because I may not be able to apply it the same way as you or not feel comfortable using it the way you do. Deferent strokes for deferent folks. I guess.

betovernetcapper
01-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I await Maxspa's results with baited breath.

Jeep
01-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Years ago I sent for a thing advertised in the book "Pace Makes the Race". I bought a Sharp scientific computer and got a tape to install the program. I've used it for years on sprints and have found that altho it isn't a black box for picking winners, it sure does narrow down the field in sprints (down to 2 or 3 contenders). The problem I had at first was to pick the right pace line, I found that using the sprint race where the horse had its fastest first quarter and finished less than 6 lks behind the winner gave an indication of what the horse was capable of. Then I use the last race to see how close he was to his capabilities. Still use the thing and it's still picking the contenders, not necessarily the winner.
Jeep

John
01-11-2005, 03:08 PM
JEEP

I believe that is all you can expect from a good software is the best contenders. Some Handicappers I know will take their contenders and run them through other software trying to get the best contender on top.

John

Maxspa
01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Betovernetcapper,
I have Killaen's Formula for sprint races as well. I can remember looking up those numbers from the charts until the wee hours. Too bad his idea was not incorporated into a software program. Sometimes when one purchases software, he is looking for an idea or two that might fit in with his methodology. Do I expect that this Sprint software will point out oodles of winners at great prices? We all know that simply will not happen. However, you never know when programs will be valuable and I have acquired most of them. A specific example, I tested Power-On-Line and found it to be profitable after some track eliminations. I didn't feel comfortable with it because you had to rely on high priced horses and some of these might have been aberations. Handicapping is a challenging but difficult pursuit and to get an edge is important. Those of us who have been in the game for a while are open for new ideas and often times they are found where you least expect them.
Maxspa

betovernetcapper
01-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Maxspa-your the first person I've ever run into that used that system. I loved that system and even wrote a gutter Basic program for it, you know something like
10: "what are beaten lengths 1st call";a
20: if a=0 then a=1.56
30: if a=1 then a=2.41
40: if a=2 then a=1.12
ect you get the general idea. For it's time, Killaen's Formula, was a very clever peice of work. If I were to try using it or something like it again, I'd restrict my efforts to tracks with a current early speed bias and no 7f races.

Maxspa
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Betoverthenetcapper,
A few months ago I saw this method offered on E/Bay. Other than your post, It was the first time I had heard about it in quite a long while. Certainly It was ahead of its time.
Maxspa

John
01-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Pandy 1,

Hold off a little longer. Maxspa, is probably working with SOS right now.

Maxspa
01-15-2005, 10:47 PM
All,
I received the software and the manual in the mail last night. I easily installed the software with no glitches. I downloaded 4 Bris files and became acquainted with the software's operation. The software works smoothly, indicating an excellent programing effort. It has a time saving printing section that will print only those races that qualify. Race Status messages will appear on screen if for example the race is not a sprint or if a predermined qualifier is not met.
Most importantly, will the program win over the long haul. I can't answer that question but it did produce winners today. My suggestion would be to test it using a database.
I'm not encouraging nor discouraging anyone to buy this product. The above review is how I evaluated the program. Someone else may have a different opinion.
Maxspa

Zaf
01-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Maxspa,

Thank you for the update.

ZAFONIC

panda1
01-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks Maxspa for your insight........keep us updated on future results if you don't mind. :D

John
01-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I have to agree with Maxspa, It was a snap to install and runs with no problems.Other features are the Entries tab.When clicked on a screen-drop box appears with the past performance data of the horse you have chosen.It is a full blown version PP like you see in the Bris data PP work outs and all. also if you chose you can click on any of the column and it will rank that column for you.example:
. total earnings for current and /or prior year .
. overall win percentage .
. in the money percentage at current track
. win percentage at the track.
. average purse value.

the above saves you hours of doing this stuff by hand

I ran Saturday Aqueduct and Tampa using a Bris file. Now, all I did was look for Sprint races that qualified [ all entries had 4 starts or more ] and and wrote down the TOP selection regardless of the point spread. here is what I came up with.

Aqueduct 1st race won $6.60

6th race top two tied in points 2, 1A
#2 won $7.50 and 1A was 2nd $29.00 exacta

9th race #4 was 12 points better than 2nd
choice #4 won and paid 4.20

Tanpa Bay Downs 7 top sprint plays

1st race #1 $4.00

2nd race #1 $6.60 2nd choice ran 2nd
DD Cold $12.40

4th Race LOST

5th race #1 $6.40

7th race Lost

9th race #1 $10.00

10th race LOST

Today [Momday} at Aqueduct I used a TSN file. just betting the the sprint races that qualified that were the top pick. 4 plays, 4 winners.

1st race #10 $17.40

4th race #8 $5.60

6 race #8 #6.50

7th race #5 #6.80 DD 21.60
Of course I am not betting yet.

I am sure that Maxspa can verify these plays.

No more red boarding when Aqueduct returns I will post the selections for a few days.

John

jorge jaramillo
01-17-2005, 10:19 PM
PARDON MY IGNORANCE BUT I CAN'T STILL GET IT, WHAT METHOD-SOFTWARE ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT??......THANKS

Maxspa
01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Jorge,
There was a software offering on e-bay. This program was for sprints only. Modern Sales and Publishing produced the product and it is still offered on ebay. At this point in time I can only tell you that the software's operation is smooth and easy to operate. Results over a period of time are still pending. Check John Martino's post.
Maxspa

bill
01-17-2005, 11:31 PM
john do you have the auto entry prog if you do what is the cost

bill

Zaf
01-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting that John.

ZAFONIC

John
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Sprints Only Sprints

I ran Philadelphia park this morning, Program came up with two plays that are sprints.Top play is 10% greater than the 2nd choice.

1 race #8 5/2

10 race #2 5/2

John
01-20-2005, 10:24 AM
ALL

For those who are interested. I will post picks in the selection area.

SPRINTS ONLY SPRINTS

8th race #1 7/2 [ 10% greater than the 2nd choice #5 ]

John
01-20-2005, 10:26 AM
SORRY, 8th race at Aqueduct it is posted in Selections.

Light
01-20-2005, 04:49 PM
The link provided by betovernetcapper says its only $14.95,but at the same time betovernetcapper says its $80. Which is it? Its also not clear whether this program requires Excel?

burt
01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
it is $80

nowgoeasy
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I have the manual version, great worksheet....

John
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
LIGHT

SPRINT ONLY SPRINT,Started out with a manual version. Now the Author developed a software program. Do you need Excell ? why don't you ask the Author. at:MSPINC@ATT.NET His name is Sam. He is fond of PA members and will answer all questions.

Light
01-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi John

Actually I love Excel and use it as my main handicapping tool. Was interested that someone made a handicapping program using it. I did get the free manual version that uses Excel after I posted. Allthough I think its too simplistic to make a profit,I'll wait for Maxspa report. My question now is does the $90 version still use Excel to import the Bris/Tsn data? The reason I ask is because anyone experienced with Excel can do that and more for free.

John
01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
LIGHT

I hear you!!! I can't answer. Maxspa has Sprints only Sprints software. He should be able to give you your answer. If it were me I would write the Author.

John
01-21-2005, 03:33 PM
ALL
I sent some of the questions to the author.here is the answer.

SOS was indeed originally an Excel Spreadsheet which sold on Ebay for $14.95. Now that the program has been completed and tested we do not offer the spreadsheet for sale any longer. We did, while the spreadsheet was being sold offer a free working sample that was limited to four (4) entries just to show the logic and basic operation.

We still get requests for the sample but, as the program is now available, we send the full working spreadsheet......tell all PA members who would like a copy just to drop me a note and I will send it by Email.

The program does not require Excel. Former purchasers of the spreadsheet are given full credit toward the program.

MSPINC@ATT.NET

Hope this helps
John

John
01-23-2005, 01:12 PM
All,

I got my Free copy of SOS Spreadsheet.It automatically open in Microsoft-excel. there is just a few cells to fill in racing form data for each entry. about fifteen minutes to do a ten horse race. What I found out is that the spreadsheet free version gave the same picks [ rankings ] as the software program.It is just the software is so much faster [ a minute or so ]and has extra features.

Maxspa,is having a problem with the database he purchased. Seems Maxspa ran the month of Nov, and now he can't find the Results [ xrd files ] for the tracks he ran. As soon as Maxspa gets this fixed we will be hearing from him.

John

Hosshead
01-23-2005, 07:06 PM
John, Do you have any results yet, (win%/roi, 10% above 2nd horse)) from all the races you've run through SOS (sw) in the short time you've had it?

Maxspa
01-25-2005, 06:50 PM
All,
I was limited by my database in this test. It is a random database in that some days are missing. However, I tried to keep as many variables out of this report as possible. For example, the time of the year, number of race days tested and rules using the software are the same throughout.

AQUEDUCT 16 Race Days - February and March
31 plays 23 qualified
15 Horses were bet to win 6 won 6 two horse exactas 2 three horse exactas
Profit-$7.60 Loss- $4.60 Loss-$24.00

Santa Anita 16 Race Days - March and April
10 plays 8 qualified
5 Horses were bet to win- 3 won 1 two horse exacta 2 three horse exactas
Profit-$12.20 Loss- $4.00 Loss-$7.20

Turfway Park 16 Race Days- February and March
28 plays 20 qualified
11 Horses were bet to win-4 won 4 two horse exactas 5 three horse exactas
Profit-$3.40 Loss-$16.00 Loss-$37.20

In summary Win bets were profitable at the three tracks and there were a
number of winners in the $8.00 range only one odds on price in the report.
Exacta bets were very poor risks. In my opinion this software has potential.
Maxspa

John
01-25-2005, 08:18 PM
MAX

That is about the same as I got playing several live cards. I would think that the author would agree with you too.

Like the author said, these are strict rules.Play the top choice when greater than 10% over the 2nd choice.

Thanks for your hard work Max, I for one appreciate it.

John

Zaf
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Guys, Thanks for sharing your findings ! See ya at Toga 2005 :)

ZAFONIC

Hosshead
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks for your report Max. As far as win bets go, the way I figure your results: 13/31=42%Win = +37%ROI. Not bad.

sligg
01-25-2005, 10:39 PM
What is the cost: board says $80, ebay says $89.95

Maxspa
01-25-2005, 10:57 PM
All,
If there is anyone who has a database TSN Or Bris with results, that I could purchase? It would really help create more accurate reviews in the future. For example, I would have included Philadephia Park, the home track of the software creators. Secondly, I would have selected different times of the year to be included in the report as well. In my opinion February, March and April are the toughest months to handicap and SOS passed that test using win bets.
Maxspa

panda1
01-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks Maxspa for your time and effort.........Greatly Appreciated :cool:

Zaf
02-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Softwares Picks on the Net :

http://www.sprintsonlysprints.com/

John
02-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Zafonic,

Thanks for the link. I went to SOS site nothing fancy just the plays. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I think SOS will do well, Follow it for a few weeks.

BIG RED
02-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Checked out site earlier in week, loaded up fine. Now it's friday and page won't load on IE or FF, anyone else have same problem?

BIG RED
........just snooping around

headhawg
02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
BR,

I just tried it and got a timed out error, so I am unable to see it as well.

HH

Maxspa
02-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Head Hawg and all,
SOS is having server problems so the selections have been posted on the selections board for Today Friday February 18th.
Maxspa

BIG RED
02-18-2005, 12:16 PM
OK maxpa, you the man