PDA

View Full Version : Pennington/CJ

sq764
01-09-2005, 03:38 AM
CJ, You have to admit, Pennington was a man tonight.. Wow.. He stepped upi bigtime..

cj
01-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Only because the San Diego kicker missed an easy FG. I didn't see the game, so I can't really comment much. But was Brees any less the man because his kicker didn't come through?

bettheoverlay
01-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Great game! Brees played outstanding too, although OT caused by a roughing the passer on the last play of the game was tough to take. Right call though.

How about the stat that shows Chad the #1 rated QB throwing passes 20 yards or more! Wonder if Paul Hackett knew that. If you have seen Marshall games on ESPN classic, Chad threw the ball all over the place. The Santana Moss TD throw was a beauty.

I also enjoyed Herm going ballistic on his running backs coach. I love Herm (the Miracle of the Meadowlands), love his intensity, but he's a bit out there. He'll need all his willpower at full strength to beat the Steelers.

formula_2002
01-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Only because the San Diego kicker missed an easy FG. I didn't see the game, so I can't really comment much. But was Brees any less the man because his kicker didn't come through?

wow.. that seems a bit limited a view.
Like in horse racing no one factor determines the out come.
Although it sells interest in the game (or any game) no singular event in it's self is more meaningful then the accumulation of events.... That particular game obviously could have gone either way.. and so it did..

ps
I saw the entire game on my new 10 billion inch high def tv screen.. wow again!!

Zaf
01-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Great Game :) it was tough on us Jets Fans, we had to win the darn thing 3 times !!!

ZAFONIC

Valuist
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Brees definitely was the man, engineering those late drives to force OT. He can't be held accountable for his kicker. The Jets D also deserves credit for holding Tomlinson to only 80 yards on 26 carries.

sq764
01-09-2005, 12:36 PM

I don't recall saying Brees was less the man at all.. I just know you constantly dog Pennington for inneffective performances but I never hear about the good ones :-) (Sounds like Sec posting the Bush news, but never about ole Mrs Clinton's troubles)

Binder
01-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Like John Madden said
Just becuse you get down into field goal range doesn't mean that
the game is over You still have to exicute the snap, spot, and kick it true In the S.D. case a wet ball on a field that doesn't get wet too often ..
The Jets kicker also blew a short attempt on the opening drive
I was so mad at Barton for such a stupid penelty I was glad he got off the hook

Go Curtis Its you time to shine
Great job Edwards for showing such passion
and getting the team ready to play

cj
01-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't recall saying Brees was less the man at all.. I just know you constantly dog Pennington for inneffective performances but I never hear about the good ones :-) (Sounds like Sec posting the Bush news, but never about ole Mrs Clinton's troubles)

Like I said, I didn't see the game, so what can I say? You don't want to base it on stats, do you? :)

Valuist
01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Lots and lots of yards by both teams between the 20s but the game still went under the 42, which made me happy. :) In the first quarter, it looked like the Jets were gaining 10 yards or more every play but not much to show for it. I admit I probably caught a break that both teams couldn't convert more.

I'm on the Pack/Minny Over 50. It looks like weather will not be a factor in Lambeau today.

sq764
01-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Like I said, I didn't see the game, so what can I say? You don't want to base it on stats, do you? :)

I never base it on stats, that's misleading

cj
01-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I know, that's why the :) after the posts. I don't either.

toetoe
01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Binder stole my thought. Brien missed one also. They all add up, regardless of the point in the game. Also, I'm surprised @ Ed Hermwards. Intense I knew he was, but blowing up like that is bad. I pray he patched it up right away.

Zaf
01-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Herm was asked about it in the post game interview, Seemed like everything was fine.

ZAFONIC

ceejay
01-09-2005, 02:39 PM
The Jets can't seem to win easy, but they did it!

Also, I'm surprised @ Ed Hermwards. Intense I knew he was, but blowing up like that is bad.Actually, I think that the staff has some issues. Do you remember them (according to Michaels/Madden) playing two consecutive defensive plays with only ten men?

Tee
01-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Pennington should have been "the man" last night.

JMHO, but the Chargers secondary was less than stellar.

Tom
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Jets didn't win the game, they just didn't lose it. Neither team looked impressive to me. Sloppy play, poor execution, dumb luck was the deciding factor last night.

cj
01-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I just know you constantly dog Pennington for inneffective performances but I never hear about the good ones :-) (Sounds like Sec posting the Bush news, but never about ole Mrs Clinton's troubles)

Hmmm...insert Culpepper for Pennington, and address this post to yourself, eh?

:eek:

TOOZ
01-10-2005, 08:04 AM
It is amazing how someone can have such a Jones against someone, who any GM or head coach would take in the blink of an eye, bar Dungy and Reed.

sq764
01-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't have a 'jones' against anyone. The comment was made that Culpepper was the 2nd best QB In the NFL, I just don't agree with that at all. Plain and simple, nothing more.

sq764
01-10-2005, 09:53 AM
It is amazing how someone can have such a Jones against someone, who any GM or head coach would take in the blink of an eye, bar Dungy and Reed.

I know, will CJ EVER give Pennington a break!!

cj
01-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I've said before, I like Pennington, I thought he would step into the elite this year. It hasn't happened, but he's on a very good team. Maybe its the play calling or the grind it out style of the Jets, or maybe they play this style to stay within the abilities of Pennington. Who knows, but we'll find out next week!

sq764
01-10-2005, 10:34 AM
What style are you referring to?

cj
01-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Grind it out...I said that. Run a lot, very short passes.

sq764
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh I thought you meant 'winning' style :D

Seriously though, that is the way they can win, when you have a Curtis Martin, that's what you do.. They are quite similar to Pittsburgh in that regard.. Rothersburger is given a simple gameplan and it limits his mistake possibilities, while using the run to be effective..

I am not a big fan of the Jets coaching staff, but they seem to have a great gameplan so far..

Valuist
01-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Nothing wrong with that style in the cold of January. I think that 9.5 is just too many pts to lay.