PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stabile

Robert Fischer
08-08-2022, 09:36 AM
Anthony Stabile has been on fire.

Noticeable seriousness 'focus' into the Saratoga meet.

Simulcast has guys yelling at the jockeys, certain undercarded 'showcase' stakes, polarizing John Imbriale has haters listening to every noun and verb from his mouth, but there has been some GOOD betting races, some of the finest horseflesh, and Anthony Stabile has been a bright spot moving forward.

https://twitter.com/NYRABets/status/1556308017553051655

westernmassbob
08-08-2022, 10:10 AM
I’m slightly confused about this post but I agree with your comments. I don’t understand the use of the video because his selection didn’t win or come close.

I do like his handicapping. Generally good with race diagnosis and overall info about the NYRA horse circuit. Also, because I keep track of handicappers ROI his is higher for the Saratoga meet going head to head with his partner.

Finally , I want to notice that Anthony appears to have lost a decent amount of weight and looks healthier then ever. Glad to see that. Keep doing what your doing !

Andy Asaro
08-08-2022, 10:26 AM
He does a good job and he has a unique personality that makes him even better. He's alright by me.

Robert Fischer
08-08-2022, 10:57 AM
I’m slightly confused about this post but I agree with your comments. I don’t understand the use of the video because his selection didn’t win or come close.

I do like his handicapping. Generally good with race diagnosis and overall info about the NYRA horse circuit. Also, because I keep track of handicappers ROI his is higher for the Saratoga meet going head to head with his partner.

Finally , I want to notice that Anthony appears to have lost a decent amount of weight and looks healthier then ever. Glad to see that. Keep doing what your doing !

Thanks.
The Video? Yea, you're right. The point was his tone and focus of late. Just the first 'tweet' i found in 2 seconds. Didn't hand pick a red-board. :ThmbUp:

Yea he looks healthier. Also some opinions that add value.

the little guy
08-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Also, because I keep track of handicappers ROI his is higher for the Saratoga meet going head to head with his partner.
!

Your record of complete inaccuracy and endless BS is intact.

Even my good friend Anthony would be happy to tell you that this is absurd beyond belief.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 12:12 PM
Also, because I keep track of handicappers ROI his is higher for the Saratoga meet going head to head with his partner.This is a complete and utter lie.

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 12:29 PM

It’s absurd beyond belief that you would believe ANYONE could out-handicap The Small Bloke, much less a respected workmate.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 12:35 PM
It’s absurd beyond belief that you would believe ANYONE could out-handicap The Small Bloke, much less a respected workmate.Not a question of "belief"

Has everyone in this game gone mental?

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Not a question of "belief"

Has everyone in this game gone mental?
What does that mean?

$w1fT
08-08-2022, 01:01 PM
I like Anthony a lot but I was disappointed about his tweet about Prat on Friday. Anthony never criticizes certain jocks and took the easy, low hanging fruit for getting on Prat, which everyone is doing on Twitter these days. (I guess because being a 20% rider for the meet is bad when they expected something like the 33% he was winning at in California)

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 01:15 PM
What does that mean?Facts are not beliefs.

It's not a question of BELEIVING.

You said (sarcastically, I know) it's absurd to BELIEVE anyone can be better than Mr. Serling. It has nothing to do with belief. ROI is ROI

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 01:34 PM
Facts are not beliefs.

It's not a question of BELEIVING.

You said (sarcastically, I know) it's absurd to BELIEVE anyone can be better than Mr. Serling. It has nothing to do with belief. ROI is ROI
My post was not about ROIs, it was a criticism of Serling trying to demean a fellow NYRA employee to raise his own status. He is nothing but a nasty troll, well beneath the dignity of NYRA.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 01:38 PM
My post was not about ROIs, it was a criticism of Serling trying to demean a fellow NYRA employee to raise his own status. He is nothing but a nasty troll, well beneath the dignity of NYRA.He's not demeaning anyone. He's standing up for himself when someone else out and out lies about him (the troll, westernmassbob)

I happen to know Andy and Stabile are very good friends, as Andy has stated more than a few times on here.

People who don't know should really not post about the stuff they don't know.

Suff
08-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Portnoy :lol:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUsynD9/?k=1

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 01:48 PM
He's not demeaning anyone. He's standing up for himself when someone else out and out lies about him (the troll, westernmassbob)

I happen to know Andy and Stabile are very good friends, as Andy has stated more than a few times on here.

People who don't know should really not post about the stuff they don't know.
He might have considered showing some humility in his response in a public forum. He came across as an arsehole.

the little guy
08-08-2022, 01:49 PM
He is nothing but a nasty troll, well beneath the dignity of NYRA.

There's a lot funny about this.

bks
08-08-2022, 02:07 PM
I like Anthony a lot but I was disappointed about his tweet about Prat on Friday. Anthony never criticizes certain jocks and took the easy, low hanging fruit for getting on Prat, which everyone is doing on Twitter these days. (I guess because being a 20% rider for the meet is bad when they expected something like the 33% he was winning at in California)

Not sure what Stabile's reasons were, but he's allowed. It doesn't change the fact that Prat is the best jockey in the country.

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 02:17 PM
There's a lot funny about this.
If you regard NYRA as an undignified organization you should take it up with them.

the little guy
08-08-2022, 02:22 PM
If you regard NYRA as an undignified organization you should take it up with them.

Peter, I understand you are somehow mad because I commented on The WV Derby allowing lasix, this was not a criticism of them in any way, more about a situation in general, but this is no reason to continue to embarrass yourself like this.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 02:26 PM
who says twitter sees all the action these days? :pound:

Message boards making a COMEBACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi7v2ZqnpXA

Sheffwed
08-08-2022, 02:26 PM
He's not demeaning anyone.

Literally the first thing he posted about me here was demeaning, accused me of making up the fact that I wasn't aware of this forum, which I wasn't.

But he's the expert

I've been going to the races since I was 14 by myself (thanks NYRA for not doing any real policing) back in the mid 1970s, I know more than a bit about the sport, and never knew about this place

He does have good taste in music, I'll give him that

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 02:28 PM
Literally the first thing he posted about me here was demeaning, accused me of making up the fact that I wasn't aware of this forum, which I wasn't.

But he's the expert

I've been going to the races since I was 14 by myself (thanks NYRA for not doing any real policing) back in the mid 1970s, I know more than a bit about the sport, and never knew about this place

He does have good taste in music, I'll give him thatNever let an opportunity go by to shit on NYRA for something

Meanwhile, Suff is crawling all over Gulfstream during the pandemic and nobody says a word on here about GP's lack of security...:lol::lol::lol:

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 02:37 PM
Peter, I understand you are somehow mad because I commented on The WV Derby allowing lasix, this was not a criticism of them in any way, more about a situation in general, but this is no reason to continue to embarrass yourself like this.
Once again, you can never stay on point. You just type rambling words. Anyway, feel free to have the last word. By the way, if you honestly don’t know that you embarrass yourself on a daily basis, then you are, indeed, a lost cause. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Not that this will bother anyone in the slightest, but this is my final post at Pace Advantage. It’s all yours, Serling.

Peter Berry
08-08-2022, 02:40 PM
Once again, you can never stay on point. You just ramble. Anyway, feel free to have the last word. And if you honestly don’t believe you embarrass yourself on a daily basis, then you are, indeed, a lost cause. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Not that this will bother anyone in the slightest, but this is my final post at Pace Advantage. It’s all yours, Serling.

Suff
08-08-2022, 02:49 PM
Meanwhile, Suff is crawling all over Gulfstream during l::lol:

snitches get stitches

https://i.ibb.co/z4DWFBC/Screenshot-20220808-144503.png (https://ibb.co/fxLV9yZ)

https://i.ibb.co/qyjFyd7/IMG-2506.jpg (https://ibb.co/tmKPm4Q)

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 02:52 PM
Once again, you can never stay on point. You just ramble. Anyway, feel free to have the last word. And if you honestly don’t believe you embarrass yourself on a daily basis, then you are, indeed, a lost cause. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Not that this will bother anyone in the slightest, but this is my final post at Pace Advantage. It’s all yours, Serling.Why can't you guys stay in your lane? Seriously.

I've done nothing but praise you as a race caller here on this board...for YEARS...

but you're gonna jump into a thread and shit all over Andy Serling, who, like you, is the best at what he does.

You don't see him shitting all over you as a race caller, do you?

And haven't you posted before that you are abandoning all of your social media endeavors? Seems it gets you into trouble. Maybe it's for the best.

Pigpen
08-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Never let an opportunity go by to shit on NYRA for something

Meanwhile, Suff is crawling all over Gulfstream during the pandemic and nobody says a word on here about GP's lack of security...:lol::lol::lol:

Suff is a rock star. Still jealous of him getting a photo with Jan Rushton.

westernmassbob
08-08-2022, 04:37 PM
It’s absurd beyond belief that you would believe ANYONE could out-handicap The Small Bloke, much less a respected workmate.

The thread was about Anthony Stabile but somehow once again TLG injects himself into the post and makes it all about him. All I did was compliment Anthony but very few ran with that. Also to add Anthony even dresses better...like some mob style teflon Don suits and what not. It’s got to be brutal with the heat this year though.

westernmassbob
08-08-2022, 04:41 PM
Suff is a rock star. Still jealous of him getting a photo with Jan Rushton.

Dude is straight up hilarious. His lingo on here is like urban 20ish something. He once said “ low key “ and I was ROTFL. Unless someone hangs around a bunch of youngins’ no older guy is gonna understand the “ low key” meaning. Suff don’t ever grow old dude...keep on keeping on.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2022, 04:49 PM
The thread was about Anthony Stabile but somehow once again TLG injects himself into the post and makes it all about him. All I did was LIE ABOUT ANTHONY & ANDY's ROI, thereby INJECTING ANDY INTO THE THREAD FIRST. Also to add Anthony even dresses better...like some mob style teflon Don suits and what not. It’s got to be brutal with the heat this year though.FTFY

jefftune
08-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Talkin' about NYRA public handicappers, David Aragona is at the TOP of the list.

VeryOldMan
08-08-2022, 06:04 PM
Talkin' about NYRA public handicappers, David Aragona is at the TOP of the list.

How dare you try to get this train wreck of a thread on any semblance of a logical track :)

Let's return to fact-free discussions of public handicappers' ROI (which should be readily ascertainable rather than a subject for baseless speculation), what a reference to "Second Avenue Deli" meant or didn't, etc., etc.

$w1fT
08-08-2022, 10:15 PM
Not sure what Stabile's reasons were, but he's allowed. It doesn't change the fact that Prat is the best jockey in the country.

It’s noticeable because there are plenty of opportunities to criticize jocks in NY and he gets on the newbie.

burnsy
08-08-2022, 11:58 PM
How dare you try to get this train wreck of a thread on any semblance of a logical track :)

Let's return to fact-free discussions of public handicappers' ROI (which should be readily ascertainable rather than a subject for baseless speculation), what a reference to "Second Avenue Deli" meant or didn't, etc., etc.

:lol::lol: I’ll agree this thread is a train wreck. But the back biting and “ back and forth “ is entertaining and hilarious.

1) I don’t have time to look up public handicappers and their stats. Christ, sometimes I read this stuff and think. “These people do things like this and it will make them win or become better handicappers ?”

2) The only ROI I care about and track is my own .

But keep it going a good laugh helps my insomnia.

Brisk Urging
08-09-2022, 06:55 AM

Castellano has been on fire at Saratoga with 15 wins.
Prat also has 15 wins

He has been getting drilled on twitter,the NYRA crowd including Stabile have been critical from day 1.

You couldnt find Rosario with a search warrant his first year riding at Saratoga.

Prat is the best jockey in the country his first year at the Spa has been a success

It wont take too long before he wins the Spa title and Eclipse..

HIs greatness was display on Country House in the derby...

Take a look at CH pps.Prat had him sitting 8th that itself warrants the HOF;)

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts

westernmassbob
08-09-2022, 07:45 AM

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts[/QUOTE]

Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.

metro
08-09-2022, 08:10 AM

Aragona is good I just don't understand his beef with Rosario, who he is harder on than any other jockey in the Saratoga jocks room. It is subtle how he goes about it too. Earlier in the meet, in his analysis of of horse in a particular race he put in an comment along the lines of ...."he gets a rider upgrade to Prat." Glanced up at the pps and saw that Rosario had ridden the horse last time. :confused:

Joel has won about a dozen stake races since then. :D

Big Peps
08-09-2022, 08:54 AM
Aragona is good I just don't understand his beef with Rosario, who he is harder on than any other jockey in the Saratoga jocks room. It is subtle how he goes about it too. Earlier in the meet, in his analysis of of horse in a particular race he put in an comment along the lines of ...."he gets a rider upgrade to Prat." Glanced up at the pps and saw that Rosario had ridden the horse last time. :confused:

I think David's frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic. When it works there isn't a ride that is more of a pleasure to watch I do think Rosario is great on the lead when he does go that route for my money there is nobody that I would want on my horse and that is just my opinion. When he goes to the lead he does exactly that, he will open up. He was key in developing one of my better horses over the years by creating a running style that was tough to compete with in many races. Joel can be frustrating at times but he has a ton of confidence and I can say from personal experience if he makes a mistake while riding a horse he is one of the very few that will tell you exactly that and he gets my respect for that. Rosario is kind of a mad scientist in my book but a world class rider and a very solid dude. Hell of a nice guy as well ( not that anyone said otherwise)

Pigpen
08-09-2022, 09:18 AM
I was glancing at the Saratoga sale and I may be totally mistaken but I thought I saw the winning bid on a horse was Anthony Stabile. If so good luck Big A!!!!!

tholl
08-09-2022, 09:27 AM
I was glancing at the Saratoga sale and I may be totally mistaken but I thought I saw the winning bid on a horse was Anthony Stabile. If so good luck Big A!!!!!

Think that is likely ex-trainer of the same name? Has not had a runner since September of last year at Presque Isle. May be doing bloodstock agent work now.

Pigpen
08-09-2022, 09:32 AM
Think that is likely ex-trainer of the same name? Has not had a runner since September of last year at Presque Isle. May be doing bloodstock agent work now.

Thank you

tholl
08-09-2022, 09:39 AM
Could be his dad? Sure TLG will shed some light.

classhandicapper
08-09-2022, 09:49 AM
frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic.

I don't have much of a problem that style as long as he is in position to win at the top of the stretch. If he's far back, the horse finishes really well, and then goes out like he's still loaded after the finish, I'd criticize that. Overall though, I think Rosario is terrific. In fact, IMO that's a good style for sucking up for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths with overmatched horses that would likely hang and fade if used earlier to get into position (owners may like that).

v j stauffer
08-09-2022, 10:44 AM

Hes 4th in the standings the 3 ahead have 12-50 more mounts

Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?

cj
08-09-2022, 11:06 AM

I do two podcasts and a few race previews a week with David and I don't remember ever hearing him have and "beef" with Rosario. He has praised him plenty and I know he voted for him for the Eclipse Award last year. I'm sure he calls out individual rides, same as he does for all riders.

cj
08-09-2022, 11:09 AM
Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.

Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?[/QUOTE]

Of course Prat won't win this year, don't think that was the intent.

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.

TonyK@HSH
08-09-2022, 11:34 AM

I spoke to Tony (Anthony's dad) a few months ago. He was suffering from some physical ailments and was not able to train at that time. Not sure if he's working as a bloodstock agent now.

Suff
08-09-2022, 11:41 AM
https://i.ibb.co/m446DNY/Screenshot-20220809-114003.png (https://ibb.co/6FFgnXp)

tholl
08-09-2022, 11:52 AM
Thanks for sharing!

the little guy
08-09-2022, 12:16 PM
I do two podcasts and a few race previews a week with David and I don't remember ever hearing him have and "beef" with Rosario. He has praised him plenty and I know he voted for him for the Eclipse Award last year. I'm sure he calls out individual rides, same as he does for all riders.

He has ZERO beef with Rosario and that entire post was nonsense. No surprise, making things up about about people, what they do and say, is an internet disease.

v j stauffer
08-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.[/QUOTE]

The "quotes" and replies got all messed up there.

My take on the two colonies is there are 5 guys riding at Saratoga that could be runaway leading rider at Del Mar.

And nobody who's currently riding at Del Mar who could crack the top 5 at Saratoga.

NYRA is MUCH stronger. Not even close!

cj
08-09-2022, 12:31 PM

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.

The "quotes" and replies got all messed up there.

My take on the two colonies is there are 5 guys riding at Saratoga that could be runaway leading rider at Del Mar.

And nobody who's currently riding at Del Mar who could crack the top 5 at Saratoga.

NYRA is MUCH stronger. Not even close!

Thanks, I tried to decipher what happened on the quoting and couldn't pull it off. :)

Pigpen
08-09-2022, 03:43 PM
https://i.ibb.co/m446DNY/Screenshot-20220809-114003.png (https://ibb.co/6FFgnXp)

Suff knows what is going on. :coffee:

metro
08-09-2022, 06:54 PM
I think David's frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic. When it works there isn't a ride that is more of a pleasure to watch I do think Rosario is great on the lead when he does go that route for my money there is nobody that I would want on my horse and that is just my opinion. When he goes to the lead he does exactly that, he will open up. He was key in developing one of my better horses over the years by creating a running style that was tough to compete with in many races. Joel can be frustrating at times but he has a ton of confidence and I can say from personal experience if he makes a mistake while riding a horse he is one of the very few that will tell you exactly that and he gets my respect for that. Rosario is kind of a mad scientist in my book but a world class rider and a very solid dude. Hell of a nice guy as well ( not that anyone said otherwise)

We could criticize every jockey at the track for being overly patient at times, when it comes to the guys that win the highest percentage of their races though it becomes the Pat Day effect. Expecting them to win every race where their mount is live....regardless of the class of the horse, the pace dynamics of the race and the running style of their mounts.

lamboguy
08-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Suff knows what is going on. :coffee:i hope he wins with every horse. lots of luck to him

metro
08-09-2022, 07:15 PM

Overly critical compared to other top level riders may have been more appropriate than "beef" on my part, realizing it's a take on a public handicapper that probably no one else really shares. Just bugs me when some jockeys seem to be immune to criticism from those with a voice in the game (not just DA) while for other jockeys it's always open season.

Appreciate the work you and David do on the podcasts and race previews! Just wish I could find time to listen to all of the them, they've definitely helped my ROI by talking me into using horses I wouldn't have used otherwise.

metro
08-09-2022, 07:28 PM
He has ZERO beef with Rosario and that entire post was nonsense. No surprise, making things up about about people, what they do and say, is an internet disease.

Saying Prat was an upgrade over Rosario was nonsense. It's like saying Max Scherzer is an upgrade over Justin Verlander.

the little guy
08-10-2022, 08:43 AM
Saying Prat was an upgrade over Rosario was nonsense. It's like saying Max Scherzer is an upgrade over Justin Verlander.

Proof please.

Pigpen
08-10-2022, 08:59 AM
i hope he wins with every horse. lots of luck to him

Since the thread title is "Anthony Stabile" I will share some help he gave me a while back. I was handicapping a race and found a horse that I thought did not qualify for the condition. The way races are written I have trouble sometimes. About the same time I was reading an article AS wrote and noticed his contact info at the bottom. I shot him an email about said race and he replied and cleared up the confusion. The Big A is easy to like!!

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2022, 10:53 AM

Not that this will bother anyone in the slightest, but this is my final post at Pace Advantage. It’s all yours, Serling.Wow, so much to unpack in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/peterberry57/status/1557059155269222404

Talk about a persecution complex. Most of that stuff he listed never actually happened.

But that never stopped anyone on twitter before...:lol::lol::lol:

I guess all these years on here that I kept asking why such an excellent announcer like Peter Berry doesn't get picked up for a major circuit gig...there's my answer, all wrapped up in one tidy tweet.

It's not his announcing that's holding him back...that's for sure.

CheckMark
08-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Some of the replies are funny but some are flat out horrible

Now I want to see that boxing match we just need a few sponsors. Wonder if NYRA or ABR is interested :D

Sheffwed
08-10-2022, 11:22 AM
Wow, so much to unpack in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/peterberry57/status/1557059155269222404

Talk about a persecution complex. Most of that stuff he listed never actually happened.

But that never stopped anyone on twitter before...:lol::lol::lol:

I guess all these years on here that I kept asking why such an excellent announcer like Peter Berry doesn't get picked up for a major circuit gig...there's my answer, all wrapped up in one tidy tweet.

It's not his announcing that's holding him back...that's for sure.

Regardless of whether there's any real back story, Peter Berry is an amazing announcer and should have not had to turn to real estate to make a living part of the time as he shared previously on social media - give the man a break

Mountaineer has managed to provide quality insight and commentary regardless of a variety of ownership changes and cost cutting, and Patterson and Berry deserve all the credit

Berry deserves to announce in a major venue

As for TLG the only explanation of his ongoing gig is that no one in charge cares or is paying attention

I would love to see TLG as a roving guy with a microphone, he'd be great at that - but his "insights" and value as a resource is near zero

Seriously, if there was a poll as to who are the 5 most useless public handicappers in the US, how would he possibly not make it on such a list

This isn't a boxing match, it's quality against quantity

Edited to add: also civility (and being nice and smart when speaking publicly) versus being unnecessarily bitter pretty much all the time for no particular reason (as if that's helpful to NYRA in any way shape or form)

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Regardless of whether there's any real back story, Peter Berry is an amazing announcer and should have not had to turn to real estate to make a living part of the time as he shared previously on social media - give the man a break

Mountaineer has managed to provide quality insight and commentary regardless of a variety of ownership changes and cost cutting, and Patterson and Berry deserve all the credit

Berry deserves to announce in a major venue

As for TLG the only explanation of his ongoing gig is that no one in charge cares or is paying attention

I would love to see TLG as a roving guy with a microphone, he'd be great at that - but his "insights" and value as a resource is near zero

Seriously, if there was a poll as to who are the 5 most useless public handicappers in the US, how would he possibly not make it on such a list

This isn't a boxing match, it's quality against quantity

Edited to add: also civility (and being nice and smart when speaking publicly) versus being unnecessarily bitter pretty much all the time for no particular reason (as if that's helpful to NYRA in any way shape or form)Dude, you're hilarious. Seriously. Top notch trolling.

a) the Berry stuff...you're just repeating what I've already said

b) the Andy stuff...you're insane if you actually believe all that...stop being so threatened by certain types of people...you'll feel better about yourself in no time

metro
08-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Proof please.

It's from the DRF of July 15th, his analysis of Bernardino

AskinHaskin
08-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Also, because I keep track of handicappers ROI his is higher for the Saratoga meet going head to head with his partner.

Why is it no surprise that somebody on this board believes that third party ROI performances at Saratoga are somehow because of him or anything he did or does?

Whether there is any "lie" or "inaccuracy" involved is secondary to the complete cluelessness to begin the statement well before it reaches the disputed part.

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2022, 08:30 PM
Why is it no surprise that somebody on this board believes that third party ROI performances at Saratoga are somehow because of him or anything he did or does?

Whether there is any "lie" or "inaccuracy" involved is secondary to the complete cluelessness to begin the statement well before it reaches the disputed part.You're like Plato

cj
08-11-2022, 09:59 AM
You're like Plato

or Play-Doh.

Sheffwed
08-11-2022, 01:13 PM
He might have considered showing some humility in his response in a public forum. He came across as an arsehole.

and another horse breaks down in the stretch at the Spa in the 1st, this time a Chad Brown horse

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the surface...

it does look different this week, not as clear that horses are running in quicksand in the stretch every race

but is it inconsistent now?
someone should ask the riders, they would know

if anyone at NYRA is actually paying attention, or now would be a really good time to start paying attention

Sheffwed
08-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Anthony Stabile has been on fire.

Noticeable seriousness 'focus' into the Saratoga meet.

Simulcast has guys yelling at the jockeys, certain undercarded 'showcase' stakes, polarizing John Imbriale has haters listening to every noun and verb from his mouth, but there has been some GOOD betting races, some of the finest horseflesh, and Anthony Stabile has been a bright spot moving forward.

https://twitter.com/NYRABets/status/1556308017553051655

Anthony's all right, he's a nice backup announcer, and he'd make a great lead handicapper actually

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2022, 01:19 PM
he's a nice backup announceris he? really?

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2022, 01:20 PM
and he'd make a great lead handicapper actuallyNo he wouldn't...not as long as Serling is working there

That's like saying you have Tom Durkin, but Peter Berry would be a better choice in the booth

Some of you need to put down the crack pipe

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2022, 01:22 PM
and another horse breaks down in the stretch at the Spa in the 1st, this time a Chad Brown horse

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the surface...

it does look different this week, not as clear that horses are running in quicksand in the stretch every race

but is it inconsistent now?
someone should ask the riders, they would know

if anyone at NYRA is actually paying attention, or now would be a really good time to start paying attentionYou need to go there and personally shut the facility down

Be a hero...save the world

Sheffwed
08-11-2022, 01:23 PM
No he wouldn't...not as long as Serling is working there

That's like saying you have Tom Durkin, but Peter Berry would be a better choice in the booth instead

we sure don't have Tom Durkin, that's for sure

and yeah who wants a lead handicapper that's just a nice, informed person

on a side note, can't wait for the 9 consecutive months of the Big A we are about to get, that will be top stuff

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2022, 01:28 PM
we sure don't have Tom Durkin, that's for sure

and yeah who wants a lead handicapper that's just a nice, informed person

on a side note, can't wait for the 9 consecutive months of the Big A we are about to get, that will be top stuffHow many times are you going to say the same thing?

We get it. You hate "2nd ave deli" Serling.

Duly noted.

Be that as it may, Andy Serling is still, OBJECTIVELY, the BEST, hardest working, MOST INFORMED on-air analyst this business has EVER seen.

OBJECTIVELY

ALWAYS HAS BEEN....ALWAYS WILL BE

Full stop

HorsemenHeist
08-11-2022, 01:44 PM
How many times are you going to say the same thing?

We get it. You hate "2nd ave deli" Serling.

Duly noted.

Be that as it may, Andy Serling is still, OBJECTIVELY, the BEST, hardest working, MOST INFORMED on-air analyst this business has EVER seen.

OBJECTIVELY

Full stop

I second this, especially listening to the goofs that are on Fox and TVG. Serling makes you think, often there's a nugget in his analysis that gives the player an additional perspective that they might have missed. Coming with actual quantitative reasoning, not the flowering soliloquies that mean nothing that you hear on TVG all the time.

Suff
08-11-2022, 01:48 PM

OBJECTIVELY

Full stop

Not wrong.

metro
08-11-2022, 02:09 PM
Anthony's all right, he's a nice backup announcer, and he'd make a great lead handicapper actually

Wouldn't mind seeing NYRA upgrade their lead handicapper to Stabile. :D

FakeNameChanged
08-11-2022, 02:56 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing NYRA upgrade their lead handicapper to Stabile. :D

Thread has staying power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneS2Uwc6xw&t=46s

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2022, 02:58 PM
A LOT of people hate the "2nd ave deli"

affirmedny
08-11-2022, 04:09 PM
Apropos for this thread, the 2nd ave deli is now on FIRST AVE.:lol:

westernmassbob
08-11-2022, 09:50 PM
No he wouldn't...not as long as Serling is working there

That's like saying you have Tom Durkin, but Peter Berry would be a better choice in the booth

IDK in all seriousness Andy Serling is a bit aged when it comes to all the track analysis personalities. Sure his following is mostly boomers and there is still a need for that but getting the younger people involved is essential to the future of racing. I personally don’t mind the young/old combo , Gulfstream Park has it set up the same way. It just looks weird...but I guess it’s a formula to get attention from both younger and seasoned horse players.

castaway01
08-11-2022, 10:25 PM
IDK in all seriousness Andy Serling is a bit aged when it comes to all the track analysis personalities. Sure his following is mostly boomers and there is still a need for that but getting the younger people involved is essential to the future of racing. I personally don’t mind the young/old combo , Gulfstream Park has it set up the same way. It just looks weird...but I guess it’s a formula to get attention from both younger and seasoned horse players.

Yes, you're right, they need some younger commentators. They should copy the NFL, which had the top four programs on TV last year with the 18-49 demographic (and its top two broadcasts, Sunday and Thursday night football, had more than double the audience of the 5th-place show). Here are the ages of the NFL's play-by-play faces for this fall:

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Clearly they need to bring in more 30-year-old announcers to draw that young crowd because these old announcers are keeping them from getting that...oh wait. Maybe not.

Reading the discussion here this week has been humorous (my dog kept spinning around with all the deli whistles though). However, I think the idiotic track announcers' slap-fighting thread was the topper. Maybe we SHOULD bring in some young people to replace those fools.

westernmassbob
08-11-2022, 10:37 PM
Yes, you're right, they need some younger commentators. They should copy the NFL, which had the top four programs on TV last year with the 18-49 demographic (and its top two broadcasts, Sunday and Thursday night football, had more than double the audience of the 5th-place show). Here are the ages of the NFL's play-by-play faces for this fall:

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Clearly they need to bring in more 30-year-old announcers to draw that young crowd because these old announcers are keeping them from getting that...oh wait. Maybe not.

Reading the discussion here this week has been humorous (my dog kept spinning around with all the deli whistles though). However, I think the idiotic track announcers' slap-fighting thread was the topper. Maybe we SHOULD bring in some young people to replace those fools.

No comparison. Nice try though.The majority of horse race interest has been dying off the last decade and continues to do so. That’s why your local OTB is 20% of what it use to be just 10 years ago. Can’t say that about football or baseball or hockey or basketball etc etc etc

the little guy
08-11-2022, 10:54 PM

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Westernmassbob is actually a super clever troll that knows everything he posts is moronic.

Either that or he's unbelievably stupid. I'm going to be nice and go with the former.

jimmyb
08-11-2022, 10:58 PM

Man, you do have a hard on for Andy. You ought to stfu already.

Andy is still the man. A man who can articulate the nuances of a race as smooth as silk. A man who's forgotten more about racing than you'll ever know, and can still bring the heat!

ubercapper
08-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Since the thread title is "Anthony Stabile" I will share some help he gave me a while back. I was handicapping a race and found a horse that I thought did not qualify for the condition. The way races are written I have trouble sometimes. About the same time I was reading an article AS wrote and noticed his contact info at the bottom. I shot him an email about said race and he replied and cleared up the confusion. The Big A is easy to like!!

Not only is Anthony easy to like, he's a genuine guy who would give the shirt off his back to a friend. In terms of his knowledge and work ethic, it's one of the best I've encountered in my lifetime.

Before he started doing more and more for NYRA, we worked together on HRRN Live for a number of years, Wednesday through Friday, 3 to 6 eastern, particularly on Wednesday and some Thursdays covering minor tracks with lots of time between races. He has an insane knowledge of the sport and particularly NYRA but could do well as a handicapper for ANY track in North America.

Tom
08-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Westernmassbob is actually a super clever troll that knows everything he posts is moronic.

Either that or he's unbelievably stupid. I'm going to be nice and go with the former.

...and Castaway played football without a helmet.

king kong
08-12-2022, 11:03 AM
I wish he would also put his best bet of the day somehow. It is a lot of work to sift through 10 puzzles and watch replays.He is doing a great job.:headbanger:

Robert Fischer
08-12-2022, 11:39 AM
Stabile steps it up a notch, and subsequently an Amazonian butterfly flaps it's wings :rolleyes:

jeez I thought a few people would credit Big-A and move on. this thread still here?

https://twitter.com/jason_kassa/status/1558115921473970177