PDA

View Full Version : THOSE WACKY DEM-LIBS AT IT AGAIN!

JustMissed
01-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Those wacky Dem-Libs are at it again. Bush won hands down but they are still protesting the vote--go figure that one out.

Hey, I kinda hope that HOWARD DEAN gets the DNC chairmanship. He is so "out there" like the rest of his party it would make for some damn fine entertainment for the next four years. YEEEHAW.

Snipped this from the drudgereport.com:

Congress Certifies Bush's Win After Protest

Thu Jan 6,11:54 PM ET

By Joanne Kenen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Congress on Thursday formally certified President Bush (news - web sites) as the victor of the November elections after two Democrats symbolically stalled the event in protest at alleged voting irregularities in Ohio.

California Sen. Barbara Boxer (news, bio, voting record) and Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones (news, bio, voting record), formally lodged objections because of Ohio, although they said they recognized Bush had won and were not trying to overturn the results.

They said their goal was to force lawmakers to heed problems that had been particularly evident in Democratic-leaning minority and urban neighborhoods and to consider the need for more voting reforms including standard election rules in all states.

"This objection does not have at its root the hope or even the hint of overturning or challenging the victory of the president," Tubbs Jones said. Boxer called it a matter of "electoral justice."

The rare objection to vote certification, the first filed in decades, forced the House and Senate to halt their joint session, usually a routine and ceremonial affair. Each chamber then debated the objection, and rejected it, the Senate by a 74-1 vote, the House 267-31. The state-by-state certification was completed a few hours later.

Bush got 286 electoral votes, Massachusetts Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) 251 and North Carolina Democrat John Edwards (news - web sites), Kerry's running mate, got one electoral vote for president.

Kerry did not endorse Boxer's bid to challenge the Ohio vote. Traveling overseas this week, Kerry released a statement on Wednesday noting that he had conceded to Bush but would continue to support "a close examination of voting irregularities in Ohio and elsewhere because it's critical to our democracy."

About 200 protesters near the White House, including the Rev. Jesse Jackson (news - web sites), beat drums and urged Congress not to certify the results because they said unreliable voting machines and partisan election officials had tilted the closely fought swing state of Ohio to Bush.

Tubbs-Jones and Boxer listed a number of problems in Ohio, including rejection of provisional ballots, long lines and inadequate numbers of voting machines in urban neighborhoods that tended to back Kerry.

But one of Ohio's senators, Republican Mike DeWine, called the complaints "wild, incoherent and completely unsubstantiated." Several lawmakers in both chambers noted that Ohio votes had been recounted and the results certified by bipartisan local election boards.

In the much more rancorous aftermath of the 2000 race between then-Texas Gov. Bush and Vice President Al Gore (news - web sites), which was decided in the Supreme Court, no senators stepped up to lodge an objection. Boxer said she had refrained from objecting then at Gore's request, but had since come to regret her silence.[END QUOTE]

JM :D

Buckeye
01-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Now that's entertainment.

Thanks JM

JustRalph
01-07-2005, 04:05 PM
John Edwards got one vote from the electoral college...............for President......interesting..........?

Tom
01-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Who was that brain-dead woman in congress who said "I came here a slave and now I want the right to vote!"

Uh, lady, you came here a nitwit. You were never a slave, you moron.

Richard
01-08-2005, 08:13 AM
First off,this is not an indictment of all Democrats.However,it appears to me that the people who currently run the Democrat party and their high-profile standard bearers in Congress(Pelosi,Boxer,Conyers(the list can get pretty big))not only just dont want to face the truth about the election results but even more so insist on blinding themselves that their extreme liberal views (which,all to often,they try to veil from the public)are being by and large consistently rejected by the majority of voters.To those people,it's now time to wake up and get a good,strong whiff of that coffee.

boxcar
01-08-2005, 10:37 AM
JR wrote:

John Edwards got one vote from the electoral college...............for President......interesting..........?

Yup...some yo-yo cast his vote for Edwards in error! But it gets better than this.

I think there were two votes cast (but I recall reading about one for certain) incorrectly for Kerry. The middle initial in his name was wrong. Technically, that vote or votes should not have been awarded to Kerry, for I understand the name must be exact.

Gotta love it...

Boxcar