PDA

View Full Version : PINNACLE

rrbauer
01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
I've been betting with Pinnacle for well over a year. Horses and Sports. I have never had a problem with moving money to/from Pinnacle using Neteller and for the most part my bets have been serviced in a timely manner. And, their rebates come in daily like clockwork.

However, over the past month I've had four (4) instances of misgrades on horse bets. In thiree (3) of those cases they flat missed a payoff on a winning bet (one was four figures!). In the other case they missed a scratch and the resultant refund. In all cases when I've notified their Customer Service they have gone back and corrected the problem. In spite of that, I'm spending more time checking their "work" because it's clear that their matchup of results to bets is not automated and as such, is subject to manual errors.

A "heads up" in the spirit of FWIW.

cj
01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
I've never had a winning payoff missed, but I'm sure I would notice right away if I did. As for scratches, I have had a few of those happen, especially with late scratches.

Jeff P
01-07-2005, 05:26 AM
I've certainly had my share of winning payoffs misgraded. Horse Matchup, Pick3, EXA, Straight Win- you name it, they've misgraded it. And some of the missed payoffs have been on the large side. My experience is that they always make it right once you notify them. But, it's annoying. Because of the number of misgrades I've seen, I now make it a practice to double check my account at the end of each day. It's been a couple of weeks since I've had one. I guess I'm about due.

BetHorses!
01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I presume that the grading is done way after a race is over (at least that was the case for me when I used to bet at a Pinnacle type place) So if you have $50 in your account and you bet the whole $50 and score for $800 you have to wait until the race is graded in order to bet again? And this is because account wagering software has to be linked to a parimutuel pool to obtain instant results. Isn't there software that can be plugged into a results wire source which would grade all bets within a reasonable amount of time?

Valuist
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I've had a problem with grading re: late scratches. Just send them an e-mail and they will correct. I know you/we shouldn't have to do that but its a good idea to check the account after every day in which you place a wager.

Buddha
01-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Bethorses, I have never had to wait more than about a minute for my races to be graded and teh money funded to my account. Not that I am betting large amounts of money, but I just never have had to wait long, never long enough to be an inconvienece.