PDA

View Full Version : Should we be helping............

JustRalph
01-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Anybody think we should be helping these people.............if you look hard you might wonder why we would help these people........considering they support our enemies..............Not sure if this picture has been doctored or not..........

Check out the guy in the center..........behind the stretcher...........

http://www.realworldtechsupport.com/sunami_shot.jpg

kingfin66
01-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Yes, I believe we and the rest of the world should be helping them regardless of their beliefs, or our beliefs for that matter.

kingfin66
01-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I also wanted to say that the image of the person on the stretcher moves me a lot more than the image on the shirt.

Hammerhead
01-04-2005, 07:05 AM
My personal belief is all should help. I sent my donation through Catholic Charities. Just my opinion. If I can afford to play the ponies, I certenly can afford to help these people. I have considered making another donation as I see more and more destruction.

sq764
01-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Personally, I think we should be helping our hurricane victims in Florida that are still homeless before we should be sending millions to other countries..

The tsunami disaster was terrible and they need help, but we also have people in our own country that need help..

Equineer
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
We are all fortunate that ignorance and prejudice are cringing in the shadow of global compassion.

In response to the 2004 hurricanes, the federal government provided $2 Billion in aid to Florida where 117 died while a significant portion of the property damage was insured... and the insurance companies are providing $20.7 Billion in additional relief according to the Florida Insurance Council.

sq764
01-04-2005, 01:26 PM
We are all fortunate that ignorance and prejudice are cringing in the shadow of global compassion.

In response to the 2004 hurricanes, the federal government provided $2 Billion in aid to Florida where 117 died while a significant portion of the property damage was insured... and the insurance companies are providing $20.7 Billion in additional relief according to the Florida Insurance Council.

And what does this have to do with the uninsured and homeless that are scrounging to survive in Florida?

sq764
01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.oweb.com/news/story/1128202004_new06.asp

Amazing that you forget our own people, thousands of families and little kids with nothing at all after the hurricanes.. Open your eyes for once.

ceejay
01-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Even if that picture is not doctored, painting all of the people in that picture as supporting our enemies is unsubstantiated.

JustMissed
01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Anybody think we should be helping these people.............if you look hard you might wonder why we would help these people........considering they support our enemies..............Not sure if this picture has been doctored or not..........

Check out the guy in the center..........behind the stretcher...........

What kind of folk are these?

They don't look like Thai because Thai folk look oriental like Chinamen.

Could be they are Indonesian, those folk are Muslem. Thai folk are Buddist and tribal religion.

JM

46zilzal
01-04-2005, 04:38 PM
How can you tell a person's religious or philosophical beliefs by the way they LOOK??

Steve 'StatMan'
01-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I believe we absoultely need to help, and are doing so at both the government and significantly from individuals, the People of the United States. I can't imagine a better way to show our true and better selves to the world. For people who live in areas that are heavily indoctrinated by those who follow Bin Laden, to help them in their time of most dire need will hopefully open more than a few hearts, and can do many things to help reunite a sadly divided world. It has to be much harder for the extremists to convince people that the U.S. hates all Muslims when direct aid and help is coming from our Nation and our people. Yes, all they had to do was look at many of the things we did elsewhere, but it really has to score big points when we help them directly, when they need it most, instead of leaving them to die or overrun them like true evil tyrants would do. Since a good portion of the world that's been upset with the U.S. is very 'tribal' orientated, the direct help and concern is key. They vocal ones we see on T.V. don't seem to care if we helped stopped the genocide of the Kurdish Muslims in Yugoslavia, what matters most to them is their country/tribe of Muslims, and of course, what happens in Jerusalem (the Temple Mount), Israel, and the West Bank.

keilan
01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
People of the world should help because it's the right the thing to do. Sometimes it's that basic

Equineer
01-04-2005, 05:05 PM

Amazing that you forget our own people, thousands of families and little kids with nothing at all after the hurricanes.. Open your eyes for once.That link republishes a Thanksgiving article as if it is current. At that time, FEMA and insurance companies were still in the midst of frantically handling requests for disaster aid and insurance claims.

Even as that story went to press, I believe Sarah Mason was temporarily housed by FEMA: "Mason and her grandchildren, ages 11, 13 and 15, are living in one travel trailer among about 20 on a parking lot. The improvised neighborhood has a small grassy area with a picnic bench, 24-hour security and matching front stoops."

See: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15395-2004Nov26.html

In CNN interviews, FEMA officials have said they plan to recycle thousands of larger trailers that it placed on lots in areas where insured property owners were repairing/rebuilding.

A lot of grief has been blamed on insured landlords dragging their feet as if they expect to find cheaper reconstruction solutions by waiting for better supply and demand circumstances in the Florida construction industry.

If it hasn't already happened, Sarah and her grandchildren will hopefully be provided with one of the larger trailers.

Thankfully, FEMA spokesman Brad Gair assured storm victims that "no one would be turned out of their trailers after 18 months if they have nowhere to go."

However, among the many web links for "Sarah Mason, Florida Hurricane," I don't think you are smart enough to have found "the undated story" by yourself. Who helped you? :)

sq764
01-04-2005, 05:15 PM
So Equineer, you spend 10 minutes commenting on an article while completely proving your own point wrong.. Nice work..

I didn't think it was possible, but you are actually getting dumber by the day.. Good luck with that..

46zilzal
01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I didn't think it was possible, but you are actually getting dumber by the day.. Good luck with that..

At it again

sq764
01-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Again, just reacting to yet another stupid Equineer comment:

"I don't think you are smart enough to have found "the undated story" by yourself. Who helped you?"

Equineer
01-04-2005, 05:38 PM
So Equineer, you spend 10 minutes commenting on an article while completely proving your own point wrong.. Nice work..

I didn't think it was possible, but you are actually getting dumber by the day.. Good luck with that..My only point was to point out that your undated story was misleading, when many dated and more comprehensive accounts of that news story were available. In fact, quite a few dated but verbatim copies of your specific story were available on the web.

sq764
01-04-2005, 05:43 PM
My only point was to point out that your undated story was misleading, when many dated and more comprehensive accounts of that news story were available. In fact, quite a few dated but verbatim copies of your specific story were available on the web.

You mean the story I posted:

The very same story that has the freaking date of the article in the link???

Man are you dense..

Equineer
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
You mean the story I posted:

The very same story that has the freaking date of the article in the link???

Man are you dense..I wouldn't advise you to absolutely trust the names of Active Server Pages (ASP) as a way of dating information retrieved from real-time databases.

For example, other byline dated copies of the same AP news story indicate it was released by AP prior to 11/28.

Hammerhead
01-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Due to assanine bickering about the hurricanes in Florida between 2 jerknead idiots which is a subject not pertaining to this thread. I am taking this thread off my e-mail list.
What a bunch of jerks posting on most threads on this portion of a Class A board.
Grow up the world don't care about your idiotic bickering or your attempts to prove who can do the best research on a given subject. Most of which is boring and none informing and meaningless.
Get a F'n life.

Secretariat
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
So JR, because one guy has an Osama shirt on you are questioning whether we should help the 100,000's of people struggling to survive today due to a natural disaster?

This is a no brainer. Help! Write a check out and help.

JustMissed
01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
How can you tell a person's religious or philosophical beliefs by the way they LOOK??

I have a Hammond World Atlas. It is not very expensive but works pretty good.

For each country it has a map, shows certain statistics like population, land area and monetary unit, major language and major religion.

For example, when I look up Italy I find that its major language is Italian and its major religion is Roman Catholicism.

If I see a picture of a bunch of folks in Rome, I just assume they speak Italian and they are Catholic.

If you don't have an Atlas, you ought to get one.

JM
:)

sq764
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Due to assanine bickering about the hurricanes in Florida between 2 jerknead idiots which is a subject not pertaining to this thread. I am taking this thread off my e-mail list.
What a bunch of jerks posting on most threads on this portion of a Class A board.
Grow up the world don't care about your idiotic bickering or your attempts to prove who can do the best research on a given subject. Most of which is boring and none informing and meaningless.
Get a F'n life.

Well that was just rude..

Tom
01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
There have been far worst disastors inflicted on people than this. Many of them by people. Rowanda genocide, Sudan, SH gassing his own people in Iraq. SH killed more people that the tidal wave (english name) did, yet that was not cause to remove him from power? Hmmm.
Where was the world's compassion for these other people? And since there are many, many, muslems in the region, where are the muslem relief workers handing out emergeny supplys? Didn't see them in any of the many videos of American copters already on the scene. Where are allah's copters landing? How much money is Bin Laden sending in?
Meanwhile, while our guys are dodging arrows in the outlands, delivering food and water with no help from Europe, the local are kidnapping children out of the hospitals for sale into slavery. Nice folks.

Yeah, we should help because we can. Because no one can offer the help that we can-no one. But get real about it....we don't do this for everyone, and there have been lots of far worse disastors that we and everyone else pretty much ignored.

But as long as we are there, I would make damn sure we accidently dropped a 55 gallon drum of something out a copter and onto that POS wearing the Binl Laden shirt!

BTW, has Koffi Annon got his cut from the contributions yet, or is the Red Cross still haggling with him?

Tom
01-04-2005, 11:34 PM
So JR, because one guy has an Osama shirt on you are questioning whether we should help the 100,000's of people struggling to survive today due to a natural disaster?

This is a no brainer. Help! Write a check out and help.

Where we you when SH gassed many more than 100,000?
Did you write a check? How much did yo send to Rownad, Sudan?
More died in both of those - correction - murdered is the word?
Were those "brainers?"

Tom
01-04-2005, 11:36 PM

And you have a problem with that????

boxcar
01-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Tom asks:

Where was the world's compassion for these other people? And since there are many, many, muslems in the region, where are the muslem relief workers handing out emergeny supplys? Didn't see them in any of the many videos of American copters already on the scene. Where are allah's copters landing? How much money is Bin Laden sending in

Appropriate questions, Tom. Nice religion this Izzzlam. Its adherents don't even take care of their own.

As of yesterday, Saudia Arabia, the richest Arab nation in the world, kicked in a a rather paltry 10 Mil out of its coffers. Kinda underwhelming -- but not a peep, of course, out of that clown in the UN. (Maybe he just knows better and figures the relief effort is darn lucky to get even that much!)

Boxcar

boxcar
01-05-2005, 12:21 AM
sq764wrote:

Well that was just rude..

Hey, SQ...with a name like Hammerhead, maybe we gotta give him the benefit of the doubt and figure he had a splitting headache or something when he posted that.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Here is a great poem a friend of mine found on the web.

Boxcar

Disaster strikes a world away
We get the call, what do we say?
We move at once, to ease their plight,
To aid them through their darkest night.
But come shrill cries from carping Press,
That’s not enough to fix this mess.

We know that, fools, but give us room,
To counter Mother Nature’s doom.
America gives to those in need,
With no regard to faith or creed.
We’re there for all when need is great
A helping hand to any state,

That’s fallen under Nature’s wrath
And needs a lift back to the path.
So what they may have mocked our ways?
We’ll turn our cheek ‘til better days.
But there are those who hate us so,
They’ll carp and snipe and hit us low,

Who’ll bend disaster to their needs,
And try to choke us on our deeds.
They’ll play their dirty liberal tricks,
For them it’s only politics.
In the face of massive human pain,
They only think of their own gain.

But the world knows sure whom it must call,
When disaster strikes, when nations fall.
America is the beaming light
That fades, dispels disaster’s night,
And standing firm provides relief
To salve the pain, allay the grief.

So to Hell with what our critics say,
America’s fine, still leads the way.

Russ Vaughn

Lefty
01-05-2005, 11:56 AM
We help everyone, enemies, friends, makes no diff. That's why we're the greatest country in the world.