PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Vikings

sq764
01-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Well, are they going to choke yet again this year?? Another sorta must win against a team with no possibility of the playoffs?

Washington has a tough defense, going to be mighty interesting..

ponyplayer
01-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Traditionally dome teams don't do very good outdoors in December/January...so proceed with caution.

Tom
01-02-2005, 01:56 PM
I remeber when the Vikes palyed outdoors and always wore short sleeves. Bud Grant wnated them to look tough. They wre tough alright...freezer burnt, but tough! :D

BTW, is it just me or is that bumber music cBS plays before every break away (about a dozen times every ten minutes!) the most annoying crap they could possibly find? I never thought anything vcould be more annoying than their announcers babbling like idiots continually.

cj
01-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Well, are they going to choke yet again this year?? Another sorta must win against a team with no possibility of the playoffs?

Washington has a tough defense, going to be mighty interesting..

As a team, they stink. Can't pin this one on Culpepper, as he played well. He certainly played a lot better than Pennington in what was a big game for them for 3.75 Quarters. Like I've said in a few other threads, Tice must go, he's no NFL coach.

sq764
01-02-2005, 05:36 PM
As a team, they stink. Can't pin this one on Culpepper, as he played well. He certainly played a lot better than Pennington in what was a big game for them for 3.75 Quarters. Like I've said in a few other threads, Tice must go, he's no NFL coach.

Minnesota certainly tried to choke again this year, but lucked out with a horrendous NFC.. They have first round tko written all over them.

I watched the Jets game and I didn't think Pennington played poorly at all, I thought he played fairly well.. 21/36, 181, 1 td, 0 int.. Not spectactular, but not bad either..

cj
01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I didn't say he played poorly, just Culpepper played better. Just making the point that its about the team, not just the QB in the NFL. You think if Culpepper QBed the Jets they'd win 11 games?

I say at least 11, probably more. Pennington had 3 shots inside the 10 to win the game in regulation. He had a ball batted that was lucky not to be picked off, then he threw a floater right in the hands of a Rams safety (who inexplicably dropped a ball a drunk guy could have caught,) then through very high and wide on 3d down.

This isn't really a knock on Pennington, though he's underwhelmed me this year after setting high expectations. I'm saying in this case it was the Vikings who choked, or stunk, or laid down, or whatever, but certainly not Dante. That said, he shouldn't be mentioned with the top guns, I've seen the light! :D

By the way, this is the top receiver in the league?

Rec Yds TD Lng
R. Moss 5 66 1 28

sq764
01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
I didn't say he played poorly, just Culpepper played better. Just making the point that its about the team, not just the QB in the NFL. You think if Culpepper QBed the Jets they'd win 11 games?

I say at least 11, probably more. Pennington had 3 shots inside the 10 to win the game in regulation. He had a ball batted that was lucky not to be picked off, then he threw a floater right in the hands of a Rams safety (who inexplicably dropped a ball a drunk guy could have caught,) then through very high and wide on 3d down.

This isn't really a knock on Pennington, though he's underwhelmed me this year after setting high expectations. I'm saying in this case it was the Vikings who choked, or stunk, or laid down, or whatever, but certainly not Dante. That said, he shouldn't be mentioned with the top guns, I've seen the light! :D

By the way, this is the top receiver in the league?

Rec Yds TD Lng
R. Moss 5 66 1 28

I will agree with you, on a better team, Culpepper may win more.. But I also agree that he is not to be mentioned with the top qbs in the league..

To me, T.O. and Marvin Harrison are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL receivers. Moss and others are as talented, but these 2 guys come to play and deliver almost every single game. Which is something Moss does not bring..

Tee
01-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Vikings @ Green Bay

Mistakes, penalties & dropped balls aren't going to get it done against the Packers.

The Vikings might not be able to win with a perfectly played game.

Valuist
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
FWIW, Moss did have a 55 or 60 yard TD that was called back for a penalty.

The NFC has what 2 good teams, maybe 3 if you count GB. The rest are worthless.

sq764
01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
FWIW, Moss did have a 55 or 60 yard TD that was called back for a penalty.

The NFC has what 2 good teams, maybe 3 if you count GB. The rest are worthless.

The way I see it:

Green Bay over Minnesota

Rams over Seattle

San Diego over Jets

Indianapolis over Denver

NFC Champ Game: Eagles over Green Bay

AFC Champ Game: New England over Pittsburgh

Valuist
01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I agree with most but I think Seattle beats the Rams, and Pittsburgh beats NE in the AFC Champ game.

cj
01-03-2005, 06:03 PM
What was with Moss leaving the field before the game was over?

How do you spell Moss? P-U-N-K!

Valuist
01-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I remeber when the Vikes palyed outdoors and always wore short sleeves. Bud Grant wnated them to look tough. They wre tough alright...freezer burnt, but tough! :D

BTW, is it just me or is that bumber music cBS plays before every break away (about a dozen times every ten minutes!) the most annoying crap they could possibly find? I never thought anything vcould be more annoying than their announcers babbling like idiots continually.

CBS loves to play the bumper music into the ground. At least the NCAA tourney music is kind of catchy, at least for a while. But come Final 4 time, the mute button is a must. But most annoying announcers? I'm voting for Theismann, Patrick and McGuire, who think every player they're talking about is the best to ever play the game. They didn't used to be bad; maybe their bosses have told them to "sell" the games and players but it is really annoying.

sq764
01-03-2005, 09:19 PM
What was with Moss leaving the field before the game was over?

How do you spell Moss? P-U-N-K!

It's a damn shame he has such an attitude and is such a baby.. If he played hard every game, he could have well been the greatest receiver of all time, no doubt in my mind.

Instead, he is yet another overtalented underachiever..

Valuist
01-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I thought he had turned the corner with his attitude, since he hadn't had any problems the past year or two then he pulls a stunt like that. Once a punk, always a punk.

toetoe
01-05-2005, 12:14 AM
How much would a Vikings/Seahawks parlay pay? Didn't see the game, but if Pennington averaged 5 yards per attempt, he was ineffective.

sq764
01-05-2005, 12:23 AM
How much would a Vikings/Seahawks parlay pay? Didn't see the game, but if Pennington averaged 5 yards per attempt, he was ineffective.

I would be stunned to see Minnesota go out of the dome, into cold ass Green Bay (forecast for Sun is 35 and snow) and beat them..

Being an Eagles fan, I would love to see Minn win.. Green Bay is probably the only team that can beat the Eagles in the NFC playoffs, IMO..

Valuist
01-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Heard a interesting stat: the Vikings are 1-20 straight up in their last 21 outdoor games.