PDA

View Full Version : trainer spacific track

BIG HIT
03-31-2002, 07:58 AM
Hi guy's.Took scott trainer angle's from horseplayer magazine and tried them for four day's had 12 play's 4 win's 1 sec 2 thrid's.Saturday was the best at spt 2 win's and to thrid's winner's pd$13.00 in the #6 race the trainer had three horse entered two early type's one presser that he own that was the one that won.Race#9 had two trainer pattern horse one won$24.00 the other thrid $33.00.There were six play's saturday two win two thrid's the other two winner's on the other day's pd $5.00 and $9.80.Think scott is right as for angle's or move's for that paticular track only.This was know brain handicapping just check the list and if there bet him no account for pace or spd although sure it wuld not have hurt.I think much better than over all stats like bris and olmstead as tried those with out much success what do you guy's think.?

Dick Schmidt
03-31-2002, 05:30 PM
Big Guy,

Though I have all of Bill Scott's books, I'm not familar with the article you are refering to. I'm sure many others here are in the dark as well. We could give you a much better answer if you provided a thumbnail look at the system Scott describes.

Dick

BillW
03-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Dick,

I think he;'s talking Scott McManas (sp???)

Bill

GameTheory
03-31-2002, 11:53 PM
William L. Scott is dead, isn't he?

Dick Schmidt
04-01-2002, 05:45 AM
Sorry for the mix up. Didn't realize that Scott was a first name, and Bill Scott was the only Scott (last name) I've seen.

Dick

BIG HIT
04-01-2002, 06:34 AM
Hey guy's his correct name was M. scott Mc mannis in the schooling section.He started in january of 95 with how to use a race fourm correctly then proceded from there till he got to trainer profileing which went on for year's and may still be going on.?Found the list or table of trainer's as i was cleaning out shelf cut them out threw away the mag as i don't subscribe anymore.But kept the one onhow to read the race fourm.If anyone has that one would also like your thought on that two.

smf
04-01-2002, 06:51 AM
Big Hit,

I agree that track specific angles/ patterns are in play. A lot depends on which region you're lookin at too, I'd guess.

I used to follow LS/ LAD/ FG exclusively and you'd get some really good trainer track- specific angles/ stats here but since AP re-opened it's been muted somewhat.

Winter tracks offer some really good "stats" at those meets for trainers that point certain type horses (i.e young turfers or 2yo's)for top efforts. FG is sure that way and I'm sure that GP has some excellent trainer plays also.

andicap
04-01-2002, 07:55 AM
Note on the late William Scott. Real name: Joseph Finley, attorney, father of racing writer/now also sports writer Bill Finley.

Speaking of trainer angles, has anyone here used the Jim Mazur books productively. I used to get them and found them pretty informative. I now lack the time to use them, but he has started issuing a "daily sheet" in which he sends you the trainer angles for that day's card. It's pretty pricey though.
he's at www.proghandi.com.