PDA

View Full Version : ADW Track Lists?

Hong Kong Turf
05-23-2022, 11:03 PM
Hi All,

I am working on a data driven project, and need to put together a list of tracks, with the name of each track as processed by the ADW and posted on your betting history. I recently learned the hard way that the names of tracks posted on the ADW website do NOT necessarily equal what is listed on the history (as a straightforward example, they might display the actual track name from Australia, but then process the wager as "Australia B").

I have started doing this mapping by hand, but it's a nightmare and very prone to error.

Has anyone come across "official" mappings for the major ADWs? I know that the majority of ADWs go through the same hub in South Dakota - does that mean that each track will be defined the same way for each ADW going through that hub?

Thanks!

bofkentucky
05-24-2022, 02:48 PM
It's a nightmare, ultimately each adw has 2 or 3 layers of internal codes, the tote providers have their codes, and then outside providers like CHRIMS and Equibase have their own code, and that just covers US Thoroughbred, add harness, greyhound, and international and it gets crazy in a hurry.

Best of luck.