PDA

View Full Version : XM Satelite Radio

Tom
12-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Anyone have this?
I want to get hooked up, but not exacctly sure what I need. I think I need a SkyFi and then a kit to hook it up to a car radio and one to hook into home steroeo.
Can you just plug speakers into the basic SkiFy and listen to that?

JustRalph
12-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Tom

check out this faq

http://www.xmradio.com/faq/index.jsp

Buddha
12-30-2004, 01:14 AM
I too was thinking about getting it, but haven't looked into it much. Was going to go to Walmart and look at it the other night, but of course they were out of stock.

kingfin66
12-30-2004, 01:56 AM
Anyone have this?
I want to get hooked up, but not exacctly sure what I need. I think I need a SkyFi and then a kit to hook it up to a car radio and one to hook into home steroeo.
Can you just plug speakers into the basic SkiFy and listen to that?

It sounds pretty cool. The other question is, do you get Sirius or XM?

Tom
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I first was exposed to XM during the blackout two summers ago. I was sitting in Detroit, 15 minutes befreo bordeing my flight home when the power went out. Four of us at the gate chipped in and rented a car to drive home and it had XM in it. REal neat! Had Cnn, MSNBS, Fox, and other networks, plus comedy channels, specialized music channels, etc. There are not a lot of am radio stations i my area that I can get after dusk, so this would allow me listen to a lot of good stuff on the raod or at home.

Ralph, thanks for the link.

JustRalph
12-30-2004, 11:10 AM
It sounds pretty cool. The other question is, do you get Sirius or XM?

Siruis has the all Elvis Channel http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9708/elvis/alive/elvis.almanac/final.dancing.gif

but they also have Howard Stern...........some kind of cosmic Karma thing evens that out for me...............

melrose
12-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Go to their websites and sign up for a free 3 day trial.

You can listen to their music channels via the web (don't try it via dial-up.)

My wife got the XM MyFi for Christmas and loves it.

Bob Harris
12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
I've had XM for 6 months now and really like it...if you're a talk radio/sports/news junkie like me, you'll have plenty of choices to keep you entertained. The satellite coverage is excellent...I've made several trips to Salt Lake City and San Francisco from Reno and never once had to change the station.