Hello,

I want to ask is there anyone on this board that have
Success with this software? I would like to hear anyone thought
on the subject.

Topgun

TG..

Theres a guy named Matt H that has put up some good posts using VC

Do a search on "Valuecapper"

Question ...Have you used any in the past?

What exactly are you looking for in software?

Also, don't let anybody sell you something via Personnel Messaging on these boards!!

Mike

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2022, 12:05 PM
Who is trying to sell you something via private message?

Private message me their username please. This is NOT allowed.

lefty359
04-24-2022, 07:25 PM
Topgun, I'm starting to have success with Valuecapper.
took a while and I have suffered some long losing strks but I'm ahead with it.

mhaney0423
04-24-2022, 07:48 PM

Lefty, Im very glad to hear this, I told you if you stick with it through the initial losing streaks, you would be successful. Its really just a matter of learning not to bet too many races and sticking with the races/portfolios you are comfortable with! Keep up the good work!

Matt

geroge.burns99
04-25-2022, 09:34 AM

Lefty, Im very glad to hear this, I told you if you stick with it through the initial losing streaks, you would be successful. Its really just a matter of learning not to bet too many races and sticking with the races/portfolios you are comfortable with! Keep up the good work!

Matt

Thanks for chiming in guys......

The only thing I don't care for in VC is that there is no outputs for data mining..
I might be wrong about that....
I like to analyze numbers but VC is only a screen program for user to make decisions..

I'm doing much better , and I'm sure this goes for any program , when I play races that I determined that the favorite is "vulnerable" ....

this type of playing restricts the wandering and wasting of money..

Mike

mhaney0423
04-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Thanks for chiming in guys......

The only thing I don't care for in VC is that there is no outputs for data mining..
I might be wrong about that....
I like to analyze numbers but VC is only a screen program for user to make decisions..

I'm doing much better , and I'm sure this goes for any program , when I play races that I determined that the favorite is "vulnerable" ....

this type of playing restricts the wandering and wasting of money..

Mike

Hi Mike,

I too used to love to play with data, until I realized that by doing that I was losing time to do the other things I like to do, with no real improvement to my bottom line.

Vulnerable favorites are subjective, Valuecapper puts them all in one portfolio and then its up to you to decide if you really think they are vulnerable. But it makes it so much quicker to have all of those races pre sorted for you in one place. I can often make a decision with just a glance.

Everyone has their own way of approaching this game, which is the beauty of it, or else we'd all be betting the same horses! Glad to hear you are doing well with HTR, that was a good program for me as well, basically what it came down to is I absolutely hated how the pp's were displayed in there, it was basically unreadable to me. But I did have real good results with the robot, although that's been years ago.

geroge.burns99
04-25-2022, 12:00 PM
Hi Mike,

I too used to love to play with data, until I realized that by doing that I was losing time to do the other things I like to do, with no real improvement to my bottom line.

Vulnerable favorites are subjective, Valuecapper puts them all in one portfolio and then its up to you to decide if you really think they are vulnerable. But it makes it so much quicker to have all of those races pre sorted for you in one place. I can often make a decision with just a glance.

Everyone has their own way of approaching this game, which is the beauty of it, or else we'd all be betting the same horses! Glad to hear you are doing well with HTR, that was a good program for me as well, basically what it came down to is I absolutely hated how the pp's were displayed in there, it was basically unreadable to me. But I did have real good results with the robot, although that's been years ago.

Thxs Matt for answering....

I'm on my PC from 7 in morning to 11pm.....

So I have lots of time to do many things :)

I only take time out to eat and take a dump.....

I know what you mean with its PP's but after a while you get used to the screens and are where to look...
I have a routine now ...look at the horses pp's with default paceline 5 then I jump to place line 7 checking them all vs VEL Screen ....then to trainers stats....
But this is all done with my 4 contenders which I derived from the data mining and my "own" numbers

Mike

lefty359
04-25-2022, 05:08 PM
Matt, hanks for your posts that led me to trying VC again.

Gerard02
09-27-2022, 11:18 AM
Hello, Matt. I recently bought the VC program. Was flying by the seat of my pants as I was watching the videos. I started by taking the Arc 4 lines and waiting for bang bang odds, then boxed the triple and wheeled the Supers. Within the first week, I paid for the program. But, as the next couple of weeks went by, I hit the bottom. Was up and down. Nailed some nice VCP horses above and below the random lines. I got hurt mostly by playing the exactas and drifted off the triples and supers. Dumb move. I went over Septembers numbers and found many of my Arc 4’s hit. Would have had a plus month. However, I keep watching the vids and have discovered your threads on the program, which are boosting my education. I want to thank you for your efforts and hope to see more of your posts. I’m off today, and will be playing in two tournaments at Parx. Plus, cash games at PID and FL. Already, seeing much better, but the exactas are still tricky. :headbanger:

mhaney0423
09-27-2022, 01:42 PM
Hello, Matt. I recently bought the VC program. Was flying by the seat of my pants as I was watching the videos. I started by taking the Arc 4 lines and waiting for bang bang odds, then boxed the triple and wheeled the Supers. Within the first week, I paid for the program. But, as the next couple of weeks went by, I hit the bottom. Was up and down. Nailed some nice VCP horses above and below the random lines. I got hurt mostly by playing the exactas and drifted off the triples and supers. Dumb move. I went over Septembers numbers and found many of my Arc 4’s hit. Would have had a plus month. However, I keep watching the vids and have discovered your threads on the program, which are boosting my education. I want to thank you for your efforts and hope to see more of your posts. I’m off today, and will be playing in two tournaments at Parx. Plus, cash games at PID and FL. Already, seeing much better, but the exactas are still tricky. :headbanger:

Hi Gerard,

Do you happen to be a member of the "Wizards Forum"? I you are buying the full data plan you should be. I have been leading a live discussion called Saturday Roundtable Live Discussion the last few weekends via Microsoft Teams. It's normally been from 11:30AM to 12:30PM EST on Saturdays. This is a good place to see what some of the guys are looking for when they do first pass on the days races and its a great place to ask questions.
I will post the link to this weeks meeting on the Wizards Forum probably on Thursday.

Im always happy to meet another time to try and answer questions you may have, but keep in mind, I am no Michael Pizzolla, that man is an expert! He is great about answering emails and questions promptly if you shoot him an email as well.

Funny, this year, my win bets are not doing so hot and it's been my exacta wagering that is keeping me afloat. You are welcome to shoot me a PM here or an email at mhaney0423@gmail.com

Best,

Matt H

BroadwayJoe
09-28-2022, 06:09 AM
Hi Gerard,

Do you happen to be a member of the "Wizards Forum"? I you are buying the full data plan you should be. I have been leading a live discussion called Saturday Roundtable Live Discussion the last few weekends via Microsoft Teams. It's normally been from 11:30AM to 12:30PM EST on Saturdays. This is a good place to see what some of the guys are looking for when they do first pass on the days races and its a great place to ask questions.
I will post the link to this weeks meeting on the Wizards Forum probably on Thursday.

Im always happy to meet another time to try and answer questions you may have, but keep in mind, I am no Michael Pizzolla, that man is an expert! He is great about answering emails and questions promptly if you shoot him an email as well.

Funny, this year, my win bets are not doing so hot and it's been my exacta wagering that is keeping me afloat. You are welcome to shoot me a PM here or an email at mhaney0423@gmail.com

Best,

Matt H

Nice going Matt ...good to see people taking the initiative and helping others

MikeGerogeJoe :lol:

Gerard02
09-28-2022, 06:26 AM
Thanks, Matt. Currently, I am not a member of the Wizards forum. I’ve only had the program a short time. It took me a few years to save up for it. I don’t have an unlimited plan as of yet. I’ll get into All of that soon. A good friend of mine has the program. He’s my mentor on this. I’ve emailed Mike a few times, not knowing it was actually him. Right now, I’ve been buried in study. Look forward to your link.

Gerard02
09-28-2022, 06:29 AM
Yesterday, hit a $197 triple at PID along with the win bet and a couple of exactas. I still have a tendency to overextend myself. Went for another triple and got popped. Still, I won $116 for the day. Three tracks. I also won my second tournament on Horse tourneys, since using the program. Picked up $100 Winner take all. My friend Trezz is a master of the tournaments. He advised me to play in the winner take all limited player tournaments.

Hanger
10-02-2022, 12:29 AM
My friend Trezz is a master of the tournaments.

So.....very....true LOL..Doc is a monster

wiretowire68
10-05-2022, 04:27 PM
It is an excellent program if you consider yourself not an action player. The wizard idea is to be very, very selective in terms of your bets. Always, try to get a price and stay away from certain races in terms of being sucessful.

It comes down to understanding his terminology. It is the methods in his years of experience that made him sucessful. It is not for everybody. The set up VC and Black Magic is outstanding in terms of software presentation. However, You are following his guidelines and his principles. He essentially has taken his knowledge of what he has learned and fused it with the pioneers such as Querin, Ray Talbot, Tom Brohamer, Sartin and set it up so you use his dongle and his prices. It certainly cuts your handicapping into no time. It is a point, of waiting til as close to the post and hope you have your based covered in terms of the odds you want. You can still handicap or valuecap.

I still go over the pp's but lately I have taken my own style and fused into Google Sheets and have started my own AI messing around. With VC you deal with his numbers, many times bang on..many times the public is smarter and destroys a good overlay opportunity. More and more I like playing with the numbers myself. I like comparing other styles to my own. 3/4 quarters of the fun is the handicapping and figuring out the best game puzzle around. To me just waiting for a horse to have the magic odds with angles without actually discovering it is a boring. So as a tool, it is great but to me still love discovering the indisycrasies of the horse, the form, and everything else that is part of a race
I would recommend it as a tool and what it offers. I however, do not like the fact that there has no changes to his Post Time racing form, I would love to see it updated, it is small to read in my opinion.

Speed Figure
10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
You would like to see it updated to do what?

wiretowire68
10-06-2022, 06:48 AM
I said the Post Time Daily Form, not the software, in terms of its presentation, fonts are too small, I think equibase, drf, bris. With software today, I just think the buyer should be able to have a choice in terms of presentation that is all. i.e. a better more viewable font. etc. Not the actual pp itself...

Gerard02
10-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Anyone having trouble with the. Valuecapper software? It keeps telling me to update my license. When I do, I get the expired message over and over.

lefty359
10-07-2022, 11:55 AM
No probs here. The best to do is to put the q on Wizards Forum or email
Michael.

Gerard02
10-08-2022, 05:53 AM
Problem solved

Gerard02
10-08-2022, 08:37 AM
One of the things I have done well with the system is playing the VCP horses. The advantage of nailing a couple of these monsters comes from playing a few tracks and just scanning the races as they approach post time to see if they meet or go over the VCP. Coming close or just short of the VCP, I don’t have much to go by. I’ll usually throw some money down on them. I know, it’s not handicapping and it’s throwing darts, but it’s better than taking wild guesses on which longshots to bet. At least, it’s a guide. I was down about $120, yesterday between Aqueduct and Santa Anita. Hit a few small exactas, but was getting smashed on triples. Race 9 at Santa Anita, I played a couple of exactas and tossed a couple of bucks on a couple of VCP’s. One of them, #6 Kingmeister, went off at 60-1. He stuck with the pack and got up to win. It was close, the #11 was right with him and it took a photo to determine the winner. I knew I had it, but still held my breath. The score got back my days losses with a $3 profit. Give it a look. You may just get a good day, or even up after a beating. Good hunting.

wiretowire68
10-08-2022, 08:10 PM
Pizzola will answer and he is a super guy..

omar2
10-09-2022, 05:16 AM
What happens with the vc software is if the machine goes into sleep mode while VC is open then when you wake up computer just close the VC program and restart it again and it will work fine.
I’m an action player, always have, always will be.
This is the way I use the program.
I set portfolios to All Races because I don’t want to miss a race. I’ll look at 3 or 4 tracks in a day, maybe less. I look for races only with smooth lines. For example 4-1,9/2,5,5,5 ,6,6,7,7,etc. I try to stay away from races with clear gaps within the arc. I like wide open races. I then look for horses within the arc going off at big prices in relation to the other arc horses. Now I do use an MPH program with incremental velocities and I do keep models and profiles, I don’t know how one can win without record keeping and when I see a horse that I like and VC says he’s a big overlay in a wide open race, we’ll that’s Nirvana for me. Look I thought the #8 in r11 at Keenland was an easy $22 horse to get. As far as I was concerned the 6 had the wrong running style off of his only race which was on the turf. Turning back to dirt didn’t bother me. As a matter of fact I hit the last 6/7 races at Keenland. Look at the 9th race. Smooth arc, slight gap. I happened to like the 7 with both programs. Used him over the 2 with several horses for 3rd and hit the triple. I saw the 11 as the top deceleration horse, even though he wasn’t in the arc, and at 59-1 he made the triple .

Gerard02
10-09-2022, 09:58 AM
I’m still learning the program. I use some of the portfolios. I’ve enjoyed using the VCP lines to bang out some nice prices. Trying to be more tactical. I still haven’t figured out the Position Pointer. I’m open to any ideas. Your style is impressive. I’ve been an action player, as well. Been trying to play exactas, but not much success. I’ve popped some nice triples, but I’ll admit, I look for three or four in the arc with decent odds. I’ll play five in the arc, but they have to be double digits for me to play them. I’m learning to pass more races, rather than take unnecessary risks. The last two days, I’ve done well, but it was more comebacks than advances. Yesterday, I was at Aqueduct and had to turn a $90 deficit into a $103 plus. You can’t have many winning days with those types of swings. I know I’ll get stronger as I go along. Playing in the horse tourney tournaments online. Nailed a few there. Good luck

omar2
10-09-2022, 03:31 PM
The position pointer is just a tool to identify speedsters and closers. A higher 2C than finish measures the horses early running tendencies whereas a higher finish # means he has more closing ability.

Gerard02
10-15-2022, 07:58 AM
Here is what I’ve noticed, since using the program. You can score some nice hits by playing the VCP horses. I’ve banged out some good odds over the past several weeks, but there are pitfalls. Playing more than a few can be costly, so I’ve been looking for ones higher up on the line. Last night I dropped $14 playing $2 Win bets on VCP Horses. One was right there for a while. I’ve thought about playing an exacta wheel, but it seems that it can work if there is only one VCP in the bunch and higher up in the ARC. I’ve seen more hit the board for place, so a place wager can be made. I’m going back in my data to see if I can scope out something useful. Will let you all know if I come up with anything.

BroadwayJoe
10-19-2022, 08:29 AM
Here is what I’ve noticed, since using the program. You can score some nice hits by playing the VCP horses. I’ve banged out some good odds over the past several weeks, but there are pitfalls. Playing more than a few can be costly, so I’ve been looking for ones higher up on the line. Last night I dropped $14 playing $2 Win bets on VCP Horses. One was right there for a while. I’ve thought about playing an exacta wheel, but it seems that it can work if there is only one VCP in the bunch and higher up in the ARC. I’ve seen more hit the board for place, so a place wager can be made. I’m going back in my data to see if I can scope out something useful. Will let you all know if I come up with anything.

Thx Ger for your style...

questions.....

Do you follow the videos to a tee?

Are all preferred situations covered?

Why would you deviate from desired plays?

mhaney0423
10-19-2022, 10:42 AM
Thx Ger for your style...

questions.....

Do you follow the videos to a tee?

Are all preferred situations covered?

Why would you deviate from desired plays?

Mike,

Covered this in the other thread

#1) There are no rules

#2) There are no.preferred situations

#3)Since there are no rules, videos cannot be followed to a tee

#4) The only desired play is to bet a horse the program.likes that the public does not. Bet every one of those and you will go broke quick.

The main idea is to use the numbers and oddsline the program generates within the framework of your personal style and comfort level, while staying away from the races that the program cannot have a good grip on, such as maiden races with many FTS or races over 10F or below 5F.

BroadwayJoe
10-19-2022, 11:16 AM
Mike,

#1) There are no rules

#4) The only desired play is to bet a horse the program.likes that the public does not. Bet every one of those and you will go broke quick.

The main idea is to use the numbers and oddsline the program generates within the framework of your personal style and comfort level, while staying away from the races that the program cannot have a good grip on, such as maiden races with many FTS or races over 10F or below 5F.

There should be rules and preferred situations....

Maybe some of us can be profitable for once....

:cool:

mhaney0423
10-19-2022, 12:05 PM
There should be rules and preferred situations....

Maybe some of us can be profitable for once....

:cool:

Except rules cause you to bet losers and miss winners, remember that. Remember the 0-23 horse that I bet that you tossed immediately back when we were discussing valuecapper?

I prefer to look at it like this, in his previous 22 races, the horse I bet probably did not encounter the same set of circumstances that it did in its 23rd race, where it looked to be loose on the lead and had several horses with some type of antivalue above it. No doubt the "rules" based players tossed it without a second look, which contributed to the 20-1+ odds I got on it.

Its hard to make something with so many random events as a horse race rules based, every single race is different for one reason or another.

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2022, 12:06 PM
BJ just wants someone to hand him a program that automatically makes him a winning player.

Don't we all.

Even his beloved HTR can't do that...

mhaney0423
10-19-2022, 12:09 PM
BJ just wants someone to hand him a program that automatically makes him a winning player.

Don't we all.

Correct, he's gonna have to do that himself, once I figured that much out, and it took 30 years or so, I started to do OK. I can honestly say, had I not purchased a program (Valuecapper) that costed $1700 thereby forcing me to stick with it, I would still be jumping program to program complaining how they all suck, when in reality, I just sucked.

BroadwayJoe
10-19-2022, 12:16 PM

Don't we all.

I am very happy with HTR.....

I have gone in many directions that I wanted to go....

My past was I didn't care if I won or lost....

But with HTR the losses are starting to dwindle ..

wink wink

brocco
10-22-2022, 04:14 PM
Mike,

#1) There are no rules

Just one small clarification. The Valuecapper method encourages you to bet horses you like, that the public "shouldn't" (versus "does not", which is not the same thing).

One is a function typically of what the horse's form looked like based on the most recent races, and the other is the tote board.

Gerard02
10-25-2022, 10:03 AM
I’m still learning the program. I’ve made tons of mistakes. I watch the videos every chance I get. The VCP line has been my strong point, so far. I was banging out triples in the early part of getting the program, but ignored the bankroll part of the video and dumped lots of money chasing triples. I’ve caught my mistake and look for juicy triples and don’t chase as much. My wagering is still weak.
Yesterday, I played a few triples at Parx and Finger
Lakes that looked good and got chopped. I was down $100 by the 5th races. A VCP at 30-1 and a decent exacta turned a disaster into an acceptable loss of $33.
I’d love to start smashing the triples, again, but I’ll take those VCP horses any day to save me or get me ahead. I’ve stopped trying to figure why they win. The computer does the work, so I’ll bet them. I’m having fun with it. That’s the main thing, and I can play more tracks without as much work like I did with my hand held computer. Good luck with your program. Win big!