PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Orbach Dead

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/

betchatoo
12-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I saw Jerry Orbach in a play called Carnival,with Anna Marie Albreghetti, back when I was in high school. Good grief that's over 40 years ago!

Tom
12-29-2004, 08:45 PM
I just heard that on the radio!
I thought he was getting ready to come back i yet another spin off of Law and Order.
What a shame...he was one my favorite TV actors. :(

JustRalph
12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
After 12 years as a cop........ I knew a bunch of old School Detectives and Jerry Orbach played the role so well it was scary...........

Loved the guy...........

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Beauty and the Beast voice ...good guy

"Dirty Dancing" doctor

Buddha
12-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Yea, it was sad to hear that he passed. I enjoyed him on Law and Order. He will be missed on the TV screen

Tom
12-30-2004, 10:06 AM
I had no idea he was a broadway star and a sang and danced.
I loved his trademark wisecrack at the start of every L&O show.

I think his best stuff on LO was when they mingles with Hommacide:Life on the street and ha and Munch were playing pool and Mucnh finds out Lenny had bonked his ex wife!

toetoe
01-01-2005, 12:23 AM
yes, j.o. was " in annie get your gun" with ethel merman (!) which is going back a few decades.

Shacopate
01-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Mr. Orbach will be missed. He had a huge on-screen presence along with the big talent. A very underated actor.

Tom
03-03-2005, 10:15 PM
The new Law and Order show has Jerry's last acting as Lenny Briscoe - WOW! He is thin and very sickly looking in the show - bug difference from when he retired the other show. He must have been failing when he filmed his last. Sad to watch.

BetHorses!
03-03-2005, 10:35 PM
The new Law and Order show has Jerry's last acting as Lenny Briscoe - WOW! He is thin and very sickly looking in the show - bug difference from when he retired the other show. He must have been failing when he filmed his last. Sad to watch.

Yes I read that he could barely speak his last lines

andicap
03-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah, it was very poignant watch last night and will be even sadder tonight for his last episode.
Hard to believe he began on Broadway as a song-and-dance leading man!

That new "Law & Order" is excellent, the best of the spin-offs by far. Good to see "Lillith" back on TV and her assistant is HOT. I hope they do more jury deliberation scenes.
Having been on a civil jury deliberation I can tell you that is the way juries act and think. We once gave a guy half a million bucks just because it was Friday and we didn't want to come back on Monday. (Well I didn't want to give him a penny, but early on I realized we would be there for weeks if I stuck to my guns.) I have other stories from that jury which would boggle your mind -- it really does argue for tort reform (although I'm torn because you do have to hold the really guilty corporate bastards -- the ones who know their products are defective but don't fix them -- to the fire).

toetoe
03-05-2005, 09:34 PM
You don't mean Bibi Neuwirth, do you? Speaking of red-hot Broadway talent!