PDA

View Full Version : Software That Eliminates Running Lines

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 11:32 AM
I'm looking for software that incorporates BRIS PP data and will let me eliminate certain running lines within a horse's PP's. Can anyone offer any insight?

Bustin Stones
04-15-2022, 11:37 AM
Depends on what you want to hide. Bris PP generator already has a filtering option.

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 11:53 AM
Depends on what you want to hide. Bris PP generator already has a filtering option.

An example would be wanting to eliminate the last start in a horse's PP line because of track condition or terrible trip.

ranchwest
04-15-2022, 11:59 AM
I'm looking for software that incorporates BRIS PP data and will let me eliminate certain running lines within a horse's PP's. Can anyone offer any insight?

I'm curious. Are you wanting the line to not appear at all? Or, maybe be dimmed out? And, what if you want it to reappear? How would you ideally get it back?

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 12:22 PM
I'm curious. Are you wanting the line to not appear at all? Or, maybe be dimmed out? And, what if you want it to reappear? How would you ideally get it back?

I'm really just wanting to eliminate it completely...as if the race never existed. Ideally, I would like to then see the ratings readjusted after the elimination of said race.

One issue I have is that I use a Mac and the software doesn't support it.

ranchwest
04-15-2022, 12:28 PM
I'm really just wanting to eliminate it completely...as if the race never existed. Ideally, I would like to then see the ratings readjusted after the elimination of said race.

How are you able to utilize the BRIS files through your Mac?

Speed Figure
04-15-2022, 12:31 PM

You can use parallels desktop on a mac and use windows perfectly!

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 12:33 PM

Thank You!!

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 12:35 PM
How are you able to utilize the BRIS files through your Mac?

I don't. I only download the PP's.

Dave Schwartz
04-15-2022, 12:50 PM

Even on new MacBook Pros?

They only run 64-bit programs.

Speed Figure
04-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Even on new MacBook Pros?

They only run 64-bit programs.
Far is I know it works on all of them. I'm using two MacBook Pros from 2019 and I've had no problems with it. https://www.parallels.com/

Tom
04-15-2022, 01:54 PM
An example would be wanting to eliminate the last start in a horse's PP line because of track condition or terrible trip.

FOXIT reader, annotate the PPs.

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 10:20 PM
To be clear, I'm looking for a program that could totally eliminate a race from the running line, then reconfigure the ratings based on the elimination(s) of the PP data that was adjusted. For instance, how would the Prime Power figure change if I eliminated (erased) the most recent race of a particular horse in the field?

Speed Figure
04-15-2022, 10:33 PM
Prime Power is already calculated so eliminating lines is not going to change the rating. Obviously if you came up with your own rating then eliminating lines would change what the rating is.

PressThePace
04-15-2022, 11:21 PM
Prime Power is already calculated so eliminating lines is not going to change the rating. Obviously if you came up with your own rating then eliminating lines would change what the rating is.

Yeah, I get that. Just wondering if there is software out there (with ratings) that could change by eliminating races from running lines.

geroge.burns99
04-16-2022, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I get that. Just wondering if there is software out there (with ratings) that could change by eliminating races from running lines.

HTR has 7 Custom Pre-Set Pace Line Selections

or

You can choose your own....

changing Pace Lines will alter ALL Velocity numbers and Power Figures

and its easy to do.....

In first Pix "ALL" Pacelines were selected by using 7

in 2nd Pix the programs "default" choice was used 5

You can tell what lines are used in that first column where the # is...

Program (which there is 6 of them ) are free

Data is $119 a month and hasn't gone up in 20+ years

Updates are done 2 times a year with user input suggestions and from developer himself.....

Mike

Bustin Stones
04-16-2022, 10:00 AM
You want a calculation that takes the sum of all data for a horse and boils it down to a single number. And you don't want it to be proprietary. But, it needs to be a useful tool. And whoever is offering this would not simply use it for their own profit.
I have a bridge for sale you may find interesting............

PressThePace
04-16-2022, 12:53 PM
You want a calculation that takes the sum of all data for a horse and boils it down to a single number. And you don't want it to be proprietary. But, it needs to be a useful tool. And whoever is offering this would not simply use it for their own profit.
I have a bridge for sale you may find interesting............

There's always that one guy...

PressThePace
04-16-2022, 12:55 PM
HTR has 7 Custom Pre-Set Pace Line Selections

or

You can choose your own....

changing Pace Lines will alter ALL Velocity numbers and Power Figures

and its easy to do.....

In first Pix "ALL" Pacelines were selected by using 7

in 2nd Pix the programs "default" choice was used 5

You can tell what lines are used in that first column where the # is...

Program (which there is 6 of them ) are free

Data is $119 a month and hasn't gone up in 20+ years

Updates are done 2 times a year with user input suggestions and from developer himself.....

Mike

Appreciate it, Mike!

Dave Schwartz
04-16-2022, 03:28 PM
Far is I know it works on all of them. I'm using two MacBook Pros from 2019 and I've had no problems with it. https://www.parallels.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_Catalina

Maybe the emulation is 64-bit and it can run the 32-bit (or earlier).

eqitec
04-16-2022, 08:37 PM
In my personal handicapping software, I've developed a tool to eliminate running lines I wish to ignore. See the Before and After images below from excerpts from one of my analytics screens.

Upon starting to handicap a race, all pacelines are checked. Then I selectively uncheck those I wish to ignore. That whites-out the data for those races except for race dates.

The pacelines which remain checked are then used consistently throughout the race for all other analytics such as pace or speed ratings. That cannot include the BRIS PPR as others have mentioned, but I've developed alternative speed rating analytics which are based upon only the pace lines which have been checked.

This is accomplished using the conditional formatting tool built into the FilemakerPro database software I've used to develop my handicapping application. FilemakerPro is natively cross platform (Win, Mac & Linux, IOS) so I don't need any emulation software to utilize my application on any of these platforms.

PressThePace
04-16-2022, 09:37 PM
In my personal handicapping software, I've developed a tool to eliminate running lines I wish to ignore. See the Before and After images below from excerpts from one of my analytics screens.

Upon starting to handicap a race, all pacelines are checked. Then I selectively uncheck those I wish to ignore. That whites-out the data for those races except for race dates.

The pacelines which remain checked are then used consistently throughout the race for all other analytics such as pace or speed ratings. That cannot include the BRIS PPR as others have mentioned, but I've developed alternative speed rating analytics which are based upon only the pace lines which have been checked.

This is accomplished using the conditional formatting tool built into the FilemakerPro database software I've used to develop my handicapping application. FilemakerPro is natively cross platform (Win, Mac & Linux, IOS) so I don't need any emulation software to utilize my application on any of these platforms.

This looks super useful and is pretty much what I have in mind. Thank you!