PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer Race 6

tboles
03-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Looking at Horse 2 Gold Dial at MNR on 3/30/02
Horse going back up in class and stretching out at a mile.
at 6/1 morn line I have to go with this one.

In looking at My Market Watch #5 this one qualifies as
one of my trainer angles......

Betting to Win on #2 if the odds stay up there

Exacta on #'s 2-5

attaching Zambuto's Analysis
Equisim had this one (#2) Profiled as well as 1st in simmulation

Race is modeled for FAST TRACK only!!!

GR1@HTR
03-30-2002, 11:51 AM
tboles,
The horse looks very strong and has a lot of good things going for it except for the trainer...Hope you get a nice price on it. Watch out for MNR labeling of fast track. Last night the track was labled fast but the surface was more ideal for mud wrestling...

tboles
03-30-2002, 03:30 PM
I agree on the trainer but at 12% wins last year ....I'm playing
the odds here.... hes due. :cool:

Vinnie
04-02-2002, 06:21 PM
tboles,

Out of curiosity, how did that #2 Gold Dial in the sixth race at "The Mountain" do the other night? Just curious. He sounded like a pretty decent win selection if you got the value odds on him.

Thanks a bunch!

ranchwest
04-02-2002, 11:30 PM
#2 ran fourth at 1.3/1. #5 ran eigth at 5.1/1.

BillW
04-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie
tboles,

Out of curiosity, how did that #2 Gold Dial in the sixth race at "The Mountain" do the other night? Just curious. He sounded like a pretty decent win selection if you got the value odds on him.

Thanks a bunch!

Vinnie,

For future reference:

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=inc

Will give you charts free for the past week or two. Hope this helps.

Bill

tboles
04-03-2002, 05:44 AM
Vinnie the only thing that saved my money on that race
was the fact that Gold Dial went off as the favorite at

Over the years I have forced myself to play my picks
if the odds are at 4/1 or better

Tony

Vinnie
04-03-2002, 07:37 AM
BillW,

What was I thinking? I only check those sites about a dozen times a day or so. :>)Dah on ME!!

Thanks for the response Tony! Evidently he went off as the favorite, didn't he? I never bet to win on favorites (my favorites) unless they are going off at 4-1 at the very minimum. I have been at the track and I have many times in the past witnessed folks put money through the windows on a win ticket where a horse was going off at 4/5 or less and I have thought to myself, well, you know what I thought! hee! hee!

Thanks Tony.

tboles
04-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Yeah Vinnie that one did go off as the fav....

Its hard to dig in the wallet for those as you said.
Its taken me years to bet only those races I have a
strong conviction on and stay away from "play" bets
in between races.

The option of wagering via the interenet has considerably
helped me in that area :)

Tony

Vinnie
04-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Thanks Tony,

I can say Amen to that as well. The internet has definitely aided me in that department also. Out where I live here in Central Florida there are no pretty tracks to go to living quite a distance from the Southern Florida Tracks. I am nearest Tampa Bay Downs. I am hitting Gulfstream Park tomorrow however, and I have never been there before (I have been to Calder and Hialeah) so, wish me luck.

Hopefully I will nail a couple of good ones! Last year when I made the trek to Hialeah on opening day I couldn't find any real value on nearly the entire race card until about the 8th race when I fortunately hit a nice 10/1 shot on a horse named Sugar N' Spice which made for a really nice trip! :>))

Thanks Tony!