PDA

View Full Version : Hope for an NHL settlement

ceejay
12-29-2004, 10:28 AM
http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/
==================================================
"I spoke at length just now to a player who is a team rep. They are going to come back with a counter proposal, that may hit around December 28th. The terms of the proposal would be framed around the NHL's last counter. The main difference would be the NHLPA willingness to accept a sliding salary cap, without any pay reductions. They are all ticked off that their pay reduction gesture was used against them, so they are taking all pay reductions off of the table, and instituting a salary cap that would start at 50 million for two years, and then go to 40 million for two years. Sounds like they are playing right into the NHL's hands. They also want free agency at 27, and if they are going to be partners they want a bigger cut of merchandising. Will the NHL accept this? I think they will. I think it was their plan all along."

I know that the vast majority on this board are like the vast majority in the USA: They don't care about the NHL. But I hope that they can settle the labor dispute....

betchatoo
12-29-2004, 11:06 AM
"I spoke at length just now to a player who is a team rep. They are going to come back with a counter proposal, that may hit around December 28th. The terms of the proposal would be framed around the NHL's last counter. The main difference would be the NHLPA willingness to accept a sliding salary cap, without any pay reductions. They are all ticked off that their pay reduction gesture was used against them, so they are taking all pay reductions off of the table, and instituting a salary cap that would start at 50 million for two years, and then go to 40 million for two years. Sounds like they are playing right into the NHL's hands. They also want free agency at 27, and if they are going to be partners they want a bigger cut of merchandising. Will the NHL accept this? I think they will. I think it was their plan all along."

I know that the vast majority on this board are like the vast majority in the USA: They don't care about the NHL. But I hope that they can settle the labor dispute....

There was a hockey strike?

sq764
12-29-2004, 11:30 AM

I have watched the exact same amount of NHL games this year as I have any other year.. I didn't notice a difference.

Tom
12-29-2004, 04:29 PM
What is "hockey"?

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 04:41 PM
a crazy contest for testosterone addicts