PDA

View Full Version : DRF numbers question

Donnie
12-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but I really do not know....are the facts and figures in the DRF online pp's exportable to Access?

I have a friend who wants to mix the numbers in HTR with the Beyer's and the Speed Rating and Variant in the form, but he wants to automate it and drop it into one report.....possible?

Thanks for your response!

eddie10
12-28-2004, 09:45 PM
yes they are comma-delimited files you can export them to access or excel.

Donnie
12-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks Eddie! Looks like the Formulator files are what I will need!

Tom
12-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Donnie,
If you have Formulator 3.X, you can load up files and then exit the program, go to the Program Files folder for Form@ and there will be an actual Access db called Millenium ready to use. Just copy and paste elsewhere.

Be careful, though, I have found a lot of race do not include the sex of the race.

Are you slumming it for the holidays? ;) :D

Donnie
01-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I am stumped Tom...I see the MillinumDB but it will not allow me to open it in Access nor copy and paste it anywhere else....says I need to close the application that is using it.....also the only thing I get with the exporter are the beyer figs and the Tomlinson numbers....is that all they allow you to export...I am looking for lifetime and YTD stats (Starts-W-P-S and such)....any thoughts?

Tom
01-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Donnie,
In F3, you load up al the cards you want to then exit the program.
THEN go to the folder and copy the Millenium db. It will still have althe files in it until you start the program again.
I have heard F4 will not do this, but have not tried it to know for sure.

Tom
01-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Jus tried it with F4 - will not work. Gotta be Three.

eddie10
01-10-2005, 11:43 PM
donnie,I don't know about access but if you export a file to excel or a similar spreadsheet you have to open it as a .cvs file a comma-delimited file when it is exported it breaks up into 6 files .ch .chr .cr .ct .cw .pgh the file you are looking for is .ch just click on it in spreadsheet and save as text .cvs and it will open. teddy

eddie10
01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
donnie you could export milliniumdb and then close then open access

Donnie
01-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys! Teddy---you were right....when you export it, the program creates 6 different files that are actually text files. Each of these files contain different information about the PP's. I appreciate your help!