PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Workouts

Brian Flewwelling
12-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Does anybody know the schedule for tracks to inform Equibase of that day's workouts?

My concern is a time after which i can be sure all the works for the day have been posted by Equibase.

Brian

CryingForTheHorses
12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
If I am correct,Most tracks report the daily workouts by 11am,If not I stand to be corrected

Pace Cap'n
12-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Where's Kenwoodall anyway?

Buddha
12-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Not that I pay much attention to MNR workouts because I don't trust them, but sometimes it seems like it is 1-3 days after the date that some of the workouts are posted online.

BillW
12-28-2004, 10:41 PM
CT doesn't even report some workouts. As Buddha (?) once informed me, the only WVA requirement is that they be announced on site before the race.

Brian Flewwelling
12-29-2004, 02:36 AM
CT doesn't even report some workouts. As Buddha (?) once informed me, the only WVA requirement is that they be announced on site before the race.

I am sure that CT and MNR both submit al list of horses/times to Equibase. they may not get them all, and/they may not follow up by including them in their programs. But i bet they have an agreement with Equibase to report the works,,, and likely a time limit. It is that time limit ... yes, where is Ken when we finally need him:D

Brian

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 02:40 AM
They work or they don't... TIME is irrelevent. Look that the way they keep them fit in Europe taking the entire stable out in the AM just for the exercise, which is. after all, what it is all about other than teaching an animla an equipment change or a specific trait (breaking from the gate, passing another horse while working)...

Another DEAD end of silly irrelevance

takeout
12-29-2004, 04:01 AM
I remember being there some years ago when a firster started with no works in the PPs (the track’s program or anyone else’s) and no announcement either. Just slipped through the cracks. (He finished 3rd) After the horse ran a handful of races he had a layoff of about 5 months. When he made his first start after the layoff, again there was no workout in the PPs. I wasn’t there that time so don’t know if it was announced or not. I do know that no workouts ever magically appeared in the PPs after either race. These days they just phone them in from all of these off-site training tracks and this horse came from an off-site training track on both occasions. I figure either someone didn’t phone it in to CT or someone at CT dropped the ball and didn’t relay it on properly at the track and to Equibase. Who knows? This game has holes in it you could drive a truck through.

Maxspa
12-29-2004, 08:40 AM
All,
I hope Bob Selvin answers this important question. IMHO workouts are extremely important. It is the clocker, his expertise and integrity that is the real question. Toby Callett is an example of an excellent clocker and his results are quite good as well.check out his website:www.tobycallett.com
Maxspa

Tom
12-29-2004, 03:52 PM
The accuraccy of WO times is often a question, but to say that time is irrelevant is itselft just silly irrelevance. Just because YOU don't understand something doesn't make it unimportant. So far workouts times and horse appearance are nothing.....I think many, many people will disagree wtih that.

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 04:05 PM
The accuraccy of WO times is often a question, but to say that time is irrelevant is itselft just silly irrelevance. Just because YOU don't understand something doesn't make it unimportant. So far workouts times and horse appearance are nothing.....I think many, many people will disagree wtih that.

I used to sit with the clocker and KNOW how irrelevant they are

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 04:07 PM
THERE IS NO ONE ANSWER...you do things one way,the next guy does it another...Just the way it is NO wrong. NO right. just different.

Tom
12-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I used to sit with the clocker and KNOW how irrelevant they are

How does sitting with a clocker tell you anything about using the times???

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 04:16 PM
How does sitting with a clocker tell you anything about using the times???

You see how they are recorded and/or misreported ...UNLIKE MANY who go to the track and NEVER go to works.....exercies riders over 140 lbs are out there three to 4 off the rail, we don't have drug tests for works, equipment is often different than in the race, many horses are LEARNING their craft and others are used to simulate a race by letting the animal that works in company with it to pass either inside or outsdie of it.

An animal works...that is significant....TIMES are the irrelevant part.

Tom
12-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Your reply tells me what I said to begin with - accurracy is suspect.
But the times are still significant, even if you don't what they really were all the time.
Like I said butter the bread and you start the car. ;)