PDA

View Full Version : ASH Software revisited

trying2win
12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
I've continued my testing of ASH software the last few months with real money bets. It's been partly good news and partly bad news. The good news is the positive results obtained while betting on the Woodbine/Mohawk harness circuit, as well as Balmoral Park. As for bets on a few 5/8 mile and the odd 1/2 mile oval, the results were negative overall.

I will list some updated test results, after my Woodbine bets are finished for this evening.

T2W

trying2win
12-28-2004, 02:29 AM
Here are some stats after using ASH software at the combined Mohawk and Woodbine meets from Sept. 20 - Dec. 27/04 inclusive:

(I should note, that I used a conservative approach and just bet to place only with real money).

--TOTAL PLAYS...107
--TOTAL PLACE TICKETS CASHED...43
--PLACE PERCENTAGE...40.1%
--PROFIT OR LOSS ON A $2 BET BASIS...+51.80
--ROI...+24.2%

Other Notes:

1. I just used a few, simple commonsense handicapping rules using the top four selections of ASH software, to come up with a play.

2. I didn't bet on ML favorites.

3. It averaged out to somewhere between 1 to 2 plays a day. Not much action, so you had to have patience.

4. I skipped races where there was a strong favorite (i.e. ML of 2-1 or less) picked by ASH in the top four selections. My research showed it didn't pay to bet against strong favorites.

5. Broken down into 50 play segments:
a. The first 50 plays caught 19 winning place tickets...ROI was +29.3%
b. The second 50 plays caught 21 winning place tickets...ROI was +17.3%

6. Longest losing streak...5 in-a-row (happened twice)

7. There was one dry spell in the second set of 50 plays where only one place ticket was cashed in a 10 race segment, yet the system still recovered to show a profit in the second series of 50 plays.

8. A similar system has been profitable at Balmoral Park the last couple of months too (Results will be posted later).

9. A similar system tested at some 5/8 and 1/2 mile harness ovals, has been a loser. Haven't figured out why yet.

10. Hopefully this system using ASH software continues to be profitable on the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit. A plus ROI after 107 place bets is encouraging, but I'll feel more comfortable if there is still a plus ROI after let's say 500 bets.

--Anybody else having any positive results using ASH software lately?

Thanks,

T2W

sq764
12-28-2004, 12:19 PM
WHere is this software located? What data files are used?

trying2win
12-28-2004, 03:22 PM
SQ,

1. To find out more about the ASH software program, first go to this link:

http://www.kaminsky-enterprises.com/ash.html

2. Then once you're at this webpage, look for the line "To find out more about this program CLICK HERE".

3. Then on the next page look for the line "CLICK HERE to go on".

4. Once you arrive at this third page, look for the links "SUPPORT" and "FREEBEES".

5. When you click on the "SUPPORT" link, the next page will list a bunch of support file links. Just click on the ASH link. That will bring an ASH manual in PDF format, onto your computer screen. There's only 12 pages shown. Check out pages 11 to 12. I consider them the most important.

6. If you click on the "FREEBEES" link (as listed in item 4 above) you'll arrive at a page where links for various tracks are listed. Click on the link for The Meadowlands for 07-31-04. That will bring forth onto your computer screen, the entire 14 race card for the Meadowlands harness races that day in the ASH handicapping format.

7. The ASH software program uses TRACKMASTER past performance data files.

--If you check out a previous thread in the HARNESS RACING section, under the title AMERICAN STANDARDBRED HANDICAPPING SOFTWARE, JOE G also made some comments about his experience using ASH software. It would be interesting to see if anybody else has used this program, and what their results have been so far.

Hope this info helps.

T2W

toetoe
12-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Trying,
You're getting over $6 to place! What about demanding a minimum of $4 or $5, to the extent that you can estimate it?

trying2win
12-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Trying,
You're getting over $6 to place! What about demanding a minimum of $4 or $5, to the extent that you can estimate it?

Toetoe,

I never thought of figuring out the average of the winning place price, using ASH handicapping software...thanks. You're right, it's averaging a little over $6.00 so far on the Woodbine/Mohawk harness circuit.

As for demanding minimum place payoffs, I just bet by certain ML odds. That seems to take care of the average place price over the long run. I prefer using that approach. It works fine for me. I have found it too time-consuming and nerve -wracking watching toteboards till the last minute (especially if you're betting more than one track at the same time). For many other bettors, they say watching toteboards and demanding certain minimum odds close to post time, is the only way to go. To each their own.

T2W

trying2win
12-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Here are some more stats using ASH software. This time it's for Balmoral Park. The period is Nov. 2 - Dec. 30/04 inclusive:

(Again this was betting to place with real money).

--TOTAL PLAYS...59
--TOTAL PLACE TICKETS CASHED...22
--PLACE PERCENTAGE...37.2%
--PROFIT OR LOSS ON $2 BET BASIS...+11.20
--ROI...+9.4%

Other Notes:

1. The results at Balmoral Park, have not been as good as at the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit so far.

2. On the plus side, my system using ASH software still produced a profit after 59 place bets. It's a little on the small side for that many bets though. If you add on a Pinnacle 7% cash rebate, then the ROI is more comfortable at 16.4%.

3. As before, I like to compare 50 race segments. In this case, the first 50 plays at Balmoral Park produced 19 winning place tickets...ROI was +13.6%.

4. Longest losing streak...7-in-a-row...another one was 6-in-a-row and one for 5-in-a-row.

5. With the general cheaper class of horses at Balmoral Park compared to the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit, I demanded higher ML odds than at WDB/MOH, before making a bet.

6. Hopefully the third 50 play segment at the Woodbine/Mohawk circuit,
and the second 50 play segment at Balmoral Park using ASH software, will be profitable as well.

T2W

klynn52
01-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Try: I wonder how you would do if you used a software program like Smith's to effectively eliminate a horse from win consideration. His program just can't pick a winner! If Smith's program picked a horse under 2-1 , you would have confidence that it would not win. klynn52

sq764
01-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Tom, good tracking... Sounds like I'll stick to my own spreadsheet though :-)