View Full Version : OWNER ECLIPSE VOTE 2004 owner of the year

Suff
12-26-2004, 04:56 PM
MICHAEL GILL.

No Question.

karlskorner
12-26-2004, 05:59 PM
From the Times-Picayune (New Orleans) 12/26/04

"As he watches horses walk into the Fair Grounds paddock before a claiming race trainer Gammy Varquez is in touch on a cell phone with owner Michael Gill in New Hampshire.

On another cell phone, Vazauez is in touch with an assistant ready to drop claim slip in the box in the racing office."I'm the cowboy" Vazquez said". "They have two guns, two pistols, I have two phones"

Gill, who is making a bid to break the national record for victories in a year by an owner. runs mainly claiming horses.

"He picks them out on paper, then I have to look at them" Vazquez said of Gill "I pretty much look at them outside, then I have somebody inside (the racing office) to drop the slip"

Under Lousiana rules, the deadline for claims is 15 minutes before post time. Vasquez said he usually gets a chance to see a horse considered by Gill and give imput on whether to claim the animal. Some times though, a horse might arrive at the paddock late, and Gill might decide to claim the animal without Vazquez's imput "If they've already run, I've looked at them" Vasquez said.

Gills has claimed 21 horses at this meeting, spending $453,500. Overall 68 horses have been claimed for a total of $1,199,500. Gills is also running horses on the East Coast, is the runaway leader among the nations's owners in victories (477) and earning ($10.7 million) He has started 2,823 horses. Dan Lasater holds the record for victories in a year by an owner, winning 494 races in 1974. "We really want to win this thing" Vazques said of the record "I want to win it for him (Gill). He really deserves it ".

End.

My heros, Frank Stronach and Michael Gill

CryingForTheHorses
12-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by karlskorner
From the Times-Picayune (New Orleans) 12/26/04

"As he watches horses walk into the Fair Grounds paddock before a claiming race trainer Gammy Varquez is in touch on a cell phone with owner Michael Gill in New Hampshire.

On another cell phone, Vazauez is in touch with an assistant ready to drop claim slip in the box in the racing office."I'm the cowboy" Vazquez said". "They have two guns, two pistols, I have two phones"

Gill, who is making a bid to break the national record for victories in a year by an owner. runs mainly claiming horses.

"He picks them out on paper, then I have to look at them" Vazquez said of Gill "I pretty much look at them outside, then I have somebody inside (the racing office) to drop the slip"

Under Lousiana rules, the deadline for claims is 15 minutes before post time. Vasquez said he usually gets a chance to see a horse considered by Gill and give imput on whether to claim the animal. Some times though, a horse might arrive at the paddock late, and Gill might decide to claim the animal without Vazquez's imput "If they've already run, I've looked at them" Vasquez said.

Gills has claimed 21 horses at this meeting, spending $453,500. Overall 68 horses have been claimed for a total of $1,199,500. Gills is also running horses on the East Coast, is the runaway leader among the nations's owners in victories (477) and earning ($10.7 million) He has started 2,823 horses. Dan Lasater holds the record for victories in a year by an owner, winning 494 races in 1974. "We really want to win this thing" Vazques said of the record "I want to win it for him (Gill). He really deserves it ".

End.

My heros, Frank Stronach and Michael Gill

Karl you are a wise man,Racing needs a guy like Mr Gill, I could only dream to train for a guy like him, YES he deserves owner of the year, But also Frank Stonach deserves some consideration as he has also spent millions not to mention his own horse Ghostzapper who may also be horse of the year.Good luck Mr Gill, Go Frank Go!!

Suff
12-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Karl you are a wise man,Racing needs a guy like Mr Gill, I could only dream to train for a guy like him, YES he deserves owner of the year, But also Frank Stonach deserves some consideration as he has also spent millions not to mention his own horse Ghostzapper who may also be horse of the year.Good luck Mr Gill, Go Frank Go!!

coming from the school I come from.... There is no choice but Gill.

About my school?. Proved.

Gill's Proved.

Suff
12-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I sent a PM to PA specifically asking for the ":OWNERS ECLIPSE" to be the QUESION F THE WEEK. Yet he declined. He will tell you he had something else planned, But I beg to disagree. PA, as much as he likes to bane independence,,,, IMHO,,, he;s a suck face to the establishment,

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Suff
I sent a PM to PA specifically asking for the ":OWNERS ECLIPSE" to be the QUESION F THE WEEK. Yet he declined. He will tell you he had something else planned, But I beg to disagree. PA, as much as he likes to bane independence,,,, IMHO,,, he;s a suck face to the establishment,

Again, HUH? Whoever is passing around the "good shit" they forgot to ask me if I'd like a toke....cause apparently, I'm the only one who isn't high.....

Suff
12-27-2004, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Again, HUH? Whoever is passing around the "good shit" they forgot to ask me if I'd like a toke....cause apparently, I'm the only one who isn't high..... [B] [/
QUOTE]

I'm on the "2004".

You can't have a toke though..... for fear you'd choke on it.

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2004, 04:30 AM
Ah Suff, you don't know me at all.....LOL

Suff
12-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Ah Suff, you don't know me at all.....LOL

maybe not, But that was a super placement of the 2004.