PDA

View Full Version : NFL Dec 26

Valuist
12-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Going against a couple of public teams. These are teams that have been winning and covering all season but have showed a few signs of slipping:

San Diego +7---the key to beating the Colts is to be physical with them. Baltimore roughed up their O a bit but they were too one dimensional to get it done offensively last week. SD can hurt a team on the ground and in the air and play solid D as well. I'll take the TD here.

NY JETS +1---I wasn't convinced early in the year because they had an easy schedule but as the season has gone on, its apparent they're a solid team; no major weaknesses on either side of the ball. Situationally a tough spot for the Pats; blowing a double digit lead on the road last Monday; a short week made shorter due to Xmas, hit the road again against a very solid opponent.

Washington -2---Washington has played great defense all year, even when they were losing. THey've looked better on O the past month. Portis should be able to run on Dallas; Julius Jones, while impressive so far, will likely struggle vs Redskin run D.

Buddha
12-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Some of my likes this week.

HOU +6.5 - Jaqs RB Taylor out of the game, and Houston always plays tough.

PIT -5 - Tough game, but full compliment of WRs available and Bettis is running like a young man again.

BUF-SF - Under 42 - SF is bad, and BUF will be playing without a 100% McGahee. I expect something like a 28-0, 28-7 type game.

sq764
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Buddha
Some of my likes this week.

HOU +6.5 - Jaqs RB Taylor out of the game, and Houston always plays tough.

PIT -5 - Tough game, but full compliment of WRs available and Bettis is running like a young man again.

BUF-SF - Under 42 - SF is bad, and BUF will be playing without a 100% McGahee. I expect something like a 28-0, 28-7 type game.

What do you guys think about Eagles/Rams tomorrow?? So many variables..

Rams must win

Eagles no TO, have home field wrapped up already, probably sitting Mcnabb and Westbrook 2nd half..

BUT... Do the Eagles have something to prove this week with TO out now? Do they have to play hard and work on McNabb to other receivers this week?

I wouldn't touch this one with Buddha's money :-)

timtam
12-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I heard in the Philly news that Reid may play this game like a preseason game. Buckholter to play only a half. After he said this the starters will probably play the whole game but thats the pregame spin on the game.

timtam
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Obviously I meant Westbrook only wish Buckholter was able to play a half. I really liked that guy too

Valuist
12-26-2004, 08:57 PM
As for the Philly/St Louis game, I will likely pass it. But let's not forget, Philly had a great run playing shorthanded when McNabb got hurt in 2002. Andy Reid has a great ATS record, as well as straight up record. And the Rams continue to be a money burner.

Buddha
12-26-2004, 11:55 PM
i too couldnt touch the eagle game. no idea what to expect with Phil clinching everything.

i think they should play a good game with their starters if for no other reason to see what is going to happen with no TO