PDA

View Full Version : Tom?

so.cal.fan
12-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Merry Christmas!
I don't know if you ever listen to classical music?
I have a good friend who used to live in upstate NY.
Her favorite radio program was on WNED, public radio.
I know, I know, they are probably liberals.....:D
but they have nice programs that we listen to online here in Sierra Madre, Calif.
Check them out:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wned/ppr/index.shtml

Tom
12-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks, SocalFan, I like classical music and just pretend they are libs <G>.
Merry Christmas to you.

so.cal.fan
12-25-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm listening to it right now, it's beautiful...they are playing Christmas folk songs!
They have some nice programs on this station.

boxcar
12-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I, too, like classical music. The only time I listen to NPR is when they're playin' and not talkin'. :)

Boxcar

hcap
12-26-2004, 05:57 AM
JS Bach
Handel
Beethoven
Mozart
Vivaldi

Basically in that order. I also suspect, but have not been able to prove, that Rap is the end of western civilization.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jazz a close second to Classical.

You can complain all you want about NPR, but gettin' a fix of decent music, with no idiotic dj (is that disc jockey or de- jenerate?) banter, is like an oasis in comercial radio land.

so.cal.fan
12-26-2004, 09:47 AM
The show we heard last night from Buffalo (WNED) was really great, alternative Christmas carols........the DJ was a funny guy with one of those "Buffalo accents" and I thought of Tom.....he would have been a great DJ for that show too.
I'm assuming our Tom has a Buffalo accent? Most of you all in upstate NY do! At least to us in California (we don't have an accent, you know). Well, maybe a little one......all you guys from Texas?.....now, you don't have accents.....the REST OF US DO.....LOL LOL LOL.

Tom
12-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Accent?
Vat accent?
Vat are you talkink about?
Ve haf no accent in UNY!
:rolleyes:

so.cal.fan
12-26-2004, 10:44 AM
I once had a professor who was an expert at semantics....he could not only tell what state you were from, he could tell you what high school you went to!
None of us think we have any accent, but we all do....and experts spot it instantly.
I have a western accent......whatever that is?
Most people sound pretty much the same to me.....but there is always certain words we pronounce that tip off an expert.

schweitz
12-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by hcap

Basically in that order. I also suspect, but have not been able to prove, that Rap is the end of western civilization.

Something that we agree on. :D