PDA

View Full Version : early speed and closers

eddie10
12-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Just bought new software it points out fastest early speed and shows up best closers I haven't seen any programs that do that so easily.does anybody out there have this program i would like to discuss other possibilitys for winning. a-quickhandicap.com

andicap
12-25-2004, 05:47 PM
This wouldn't by any chance be the famous Eddie "Pick-6" Walters?

The typing and spellilng errors are a similar style to his -- that's why I'm curious.

JimG
12-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by andicap
This wouldn't by any chance be the famous Eddie "Pick-6" Walters?

The typing and spellilng errors are a similar style to his -- that's why I'm curious.

My guess is that he is Eddie Higgins, the guy who is selling the software. Pretending to be a user, drumming up business. Amazing how people with no posts on this board like to come on and let us know of the latest and greatest. I do hope I'm wrong. I hate being so cynical.

eddie10
12-25-2004, 06:56 PM
no I don't know the man. I've not heard of him was he any good. pic-6 is pretty tough.

eddie10
12-25-2004, 07:00 PM
wow you guys are very friendly sorry I bothered you

timtam
12-25-2004, 08:58 PM
So Eddie,

Why don't you expound a little on the new software you purchased. Does it require manual data entry? How is the data calcualted and what kind of out put does the software produce?

eddie10
12-25-2004, 09:07 PM
the program uses drf data files 3.1 or 4.0 It would be alot easier to go to website. I think it is great I have never seen this before it makes handicapping so much easier. http://www.A-quickhandicap.com/ let me know what you think.

betovernetcapper
12-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Checked it out. On the plus side it's only $20 and it uses the DRF Formulator/Beyer figs. On the minus side it doesn'tseem to properly adjust internal times for DV or track. Not a total rip off but still pretty lame.

eddie10
12-25-2004, 09:45 PM
internal times are correct they are rounded off and are always within 1/5 sec.

timtam
12-26-2004, 11:42 AM
How much do the DRF files cost ? I know the software I use requires the Brisnet $1 files.

eddie10
12-26-2004, 11:50 AM
the files cost $3.50 for 3 trks and $1.00 for each additional trk just a little more than bris. If a bunch of guys got together they could split the cost.

JimG
12-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by eddie10
If a bunch of guys got together they could split the cost.

That's illegal!! There is a guy from the DRF that posts here (Marc) and I am sure he would not be pleased suggesting that people could share DRF files.

You may want to rethink such a post on a public board.

eddie10
12-26-2004, 12:06 PM
I said split the cost

JimG
12-26-2004, 12:20 PM
I said split the cost

So, hypothetically speaking, if you and I "split the cost" of today's Santa Anita formulator file, which one of us gets the file??

eddie10
12-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I was talking about the cost of the program. It's post time.Talk to you later

wes
12-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Jim for 10 bucks he will split the cost of the program. What a big spender!

wes

betovernetcapper
12-26-2004, 01:41 PM
according to the nuts on this board every lawn sale in america would be banned without paying some adsurd stocking fee to the manufacturer.

wake up people if the software guys don't want a resale they can code the program as such. otherwise all is fair in love and war.

i've spoken my piece. after you jackasses flame me, i'll start another thread on the only group of people who are making big big money.

Report this post to a moderator

couldn't resist:)

eddie10
12-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I concur,well said

cj
12-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by betovernetcapper
according to the nuts on this board every lawn sale in america would be banned without paying some adsurd stocking fee to the manufacturer.

wake up people if the software guys don't want a resale they can code the program as such. otherwise all is fair in love and war.

i've spoken my piece. after you jackasses flame me, i'll start another thread on the only group of people who are making big big money.

Report this post to a moderator

couldn't resist:)

Noone was talking about a program, he's talking about splitting the cost of the data, which is definitely not allowed.

betovernetcapper
12-26-2004, 02:28 PM
I concur,well said

I really can't take credit-I was quoting High Roller who has been banned from this board and eBAY.

andicap
12-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Just bought new software it points out fastest early speed and shows up best closers I haven't seen any programs that do that so easily.does anybody out there have this program i would like to discuss other possibilitys for winning. a-quickhandicap.com

What is "speed ability" and how does it differ from a final time rating like the Beyers?

Are you using American Turf Monthly's track equalization chart for track-to-track adjustments? ATM's chart is notoriously inaccurate.

Why do you say it is just for claimers and then use a NW1 statebred race as an example on the site?

Why do you say it is just for claimers 15K and up and then say the early speed boxing method is great for "minor tracks" where few races are run for that amount?

I do like how it ranks the Beyers by class, distance, and date. That's a nice application I wish the Formulator would do.

eddie10
12-27-2004, 12:27 PM
speed ability rating is when you subtract 1/2 call from 6f time for example 45.20--112.20- speed ability rating is 27.0. which is a 5 in my ratings.I didn't say it was just for claimers, I said I only play cl15,000 and up, which I should have said including allowance and stakes. because it is less risky and more consistent. It does hit alot of maidens and I wanted to show that, but I don,t play them, a first timer beats me everytime. turf magazine trackdifferences is the only one I know of it works pretty good for me,If you know of a better one I would appreciate it if you let me know.

andicap
12-28-2004, 03:15 PM
speed ability rating is when you subtract 1/2 call from 6f time for example 45.20--112.20- speed ability rating is 27.0. which is a 5 in my ratings.I didn't say it was just for claimers, I said I only play cl15,000 and up, which I should have said including allowance and stakes. because it is less risky and more consistent. It does hit alot of maidens and I wanted to show that, but I don,t play them, a first timer beats me everytime. turf magazine trackdifferences is the only one I know of it works pretty good for me,If you know of a better one I would appreciate it if you let me know.

Speed ability -- is this true in a 7f race too? Would it then be 1/2 call subtracted from 7f? wouldn't that be final fraction??

Track equalization. Dave Schwartz computes excellent pars for about $100+, but you'd have to talk to him about installing it in commercial software. Probably licensing fees.
Other thing you could so is enable the user to change the track-to-track adjustments.

eddie10
12-28-2004, 09:34 PM
no the 6f call in a 7f race which is included in the data files is not final call.you will have for example 46 1/5--112 1/5 --125 1/5 your speed ability rating would be 26.0 which reverts to a 10 in my ratings.then you add or subtract lengths gained or loss from the half mile call to the finish. if you gained 3 lengths from half to finish it would make speed ability rating 26.3. but all the speed ability ratings are raw ratings not yet adjusted for lengths gained or lost.

eddie10
12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I gave you wrong number the speed ability should be 25.2 after you adjust for 3 lengths gained in the stretch, its been a long day.

midnight
12-28-2004, 10:16 PM
You've certainly learned a lot about this program since your first post in this thread. One might say you know as much about it as the author does. :rolleyes:

bet2win2
12-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Eddie10 theres a Selection area, how about posting your top 3 horses for a track, any track,
if you want to sell your program picking winners will sell it

eddie10
12-29-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't handicap ahead of time, but I do play ceretain races so if I do have time in between, which sometimes I do I will pass it along. I put one up the other day that I thought was a good bet and he never lifted a leg.At tampa bay.

46zilzal
12-29-2004, 01:22 PM
giggle

midnight
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
If you're splitting the cost of the program and/or the cost of the files, you're cheating, and all the end-arounds with words won't change that. When you purchase software or data files, you're purchasing a single license for your own personal use. That doesn't include selling it, giving it away, or splitting the cost of it with somebody else.

Sharing data that is produced by Equibase or with Equibase data is expressly illegal. There are precedents in the courts for this on both the criminal and civil sides.

Sharing the cost of a file when you don't have a license to do so is also illegal. Enforcing that is admittedly tough, mainly due to the burden of proof.

eddie10
12-31-2004, 09:15 AM
wow I can't believe it talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. for the record I have never shared cost of files with anyone or have asked anyone to share cost.If I have Mispoke previously I'm sorry. I didn't realize every word would be scrutinized and parsed. where are we in the ukraine.

gurulj
01-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Best laugh I've had in a while Jim. Thanks! ROTFLMAO!!!

Jerry
http://www.a1handicapping.com/

keenang
01-22-2005, 10:15 AM
MIDNIGHT;
YOU SAID IF I SHARE ANY INFO FROM EQIBASE IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL. DOES THAT MEAN IF I SHARE MY PROGRAM I BUY AT THE TRACK WITH MY WIFE I COULD GO TO JAIL?
GENE :confused:

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 10:59 AM

Eddie,
CompuTrak has a numerical value for Early Speed of each horse for each paceline. It shows the Early Speed at the start of the race.

Similarly, there is a numerical value for closing. In CompuTrak it's called "Horse Friction", and it measures the acceleration or deceleration of each horse for each paceline. The lower the deceleration, the better the horse is a closer.

eddie10
01-22-2005, 11:40 AM
I am not familiar with the program although I have heard of it.The early speed ratings I have are the actual times at the half mile call plus the lenghts behind. example- call time 45.20 or 45 1/5 plus 2 lenghts behind= 45 3/5 which converts to a rating of 12, if it was 44 1/5 with 2 lenghts behind it would be 44 3/5 wich converts to 17 rating .etc as for the closing I use the speed ability rating 6 furlong call minus half mile call. example------------------46 2/5-112 4/5=26.2 which converts to a rating of 8 .etc this is truly a homegrown program I had made for myself I have been using the methods for years and had them computerized to save alot of time and it does. A-quickhandicap.com

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 11:57 AM
I am not familiar with the program although I have heard of it.The early speed ratings I have are the actual times at the half mile call plus the lenghts behind. example- call time 45.20 or 45 1/5 plus 2 lenghts behind= 45 3/5 which converts to a rating of 12, if it was 44 1/5 with 2 lenghts behind it would be 44 3/5 wich converts to 17 rating .etc as for the closing I use the speed ability rating 6 furlong call minus half mile call. example------------------46 2/5-112 4/5=26.2 which converts to a rating of 8 .etc this is truly a homegrown program I had made for myself I have been using the methods for years and had them computerized to save alot of time and it does. A-quickhandicap.com

Eddie,
You can see the full derivation of CompuTrak's Early Speed and Friction at the site: www.revelationprofits.com at the Documentation link. Early Speed is given in furlongs per second (x 10 for convenience). It is the speed at the beginning, not an average to the first call or the like. Deceleration, (Friction closing capability) also comes directly from the equations.

eddie10
01-22-2005, 12:01 PM
what do you do to compensate for difference in tracks.

thoroughbred
01-22-2005, 01:58 PM
what do you do to compensate for difference in tracks.

Eddie,

The data input uses BRIS or TSN files. So. for example, BRIS includes a Speed Rating which they normalize over all tracks and surfaces. CompuTrak, in the background, back-calculates a Track Variant from the Speed Rating using a method similar to that pointed out by Beyer in one of his books where he shows how to get the Track Variant from his Speed Rating.

So, the end result is a Track Variant that is normalized over all tracks and surfaces, and that variant is used in the CompuTrak calculations including those for Early Speed and Friction.

NoDayJob
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't handicap ahead of time, but I do play ceretain races so if I do have time in between, which sometimes I do I will pass it along. I put one up the other day that I thought was a good bet and he never lifted a leg.At tampa bay.

:D Perhaps, $20.00 is too much for the software. The "Slicker, Quiker Hoss Piquer" retails for $1.99. I'm sure it can be purchased for $0.99 on EBay. :D

NDJ

hurrikane
01-23-2005, 09:15 AM
:D Perhaps, $20.00 is too much for the software. The "Slicker, Quiker Hoss Piquer" retails for $1.99. I'm sure it can be purchased for $0.99 on EBay. :D

NDJ

does anybody want to split the cost of the 'Slicker Picker' with me.

(the ebay version...not sure the commercial version would be worth it)

eddie10
01-23-2005, 12:02 PM
My picks yesterday showed a profit if $.53 on dollar, don't know how to do the math. Where are your picks, no guts no glory