PDA

View Full Version : Best web site for sports?

cj
12-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Where do you go for your sports news? I usually go to ESPN, but I'm really getting tired of the slow loading pages. There site just isn't designed very well, though I do like the content.

Any others better, or as good with a better web site?

sq764
12-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by cj
Where do you go for your sports news? I usually go to ESPN, but I'm really getting tired of the slow loading pages. There site just isn't designed very well, though I do like the content.

Any others better, or as good with a better web site?

I like www.cnnsi.com personally..

toetoe
12-25-2004, 02:47 PM
cj,
Well, it sure ain't Track Champion. Heaven help me, but I was just reading in the forum there. Goobers galore. Posting their pictures, which is fine per se, but in "sexy" poses, as if on a lonely-hearts. PLEASE !! Just one manifestation of the pervasive ignorance therein. I just noticed no bickering there, so I'll be more understanding when I see that here @ P.A.

Buddha
12-25-2004, 02:55 PM
i have noticed myself going to cbssportsline.com but dont know how much real content there is there and what you are actually looking for.

Valuist
12-25-2004, 03:38 PM
For sports or sports handicapping?

For scores, I just go to Yahoo. ESPN and Sportsline have too many pop up ads and are too slow to load. For sports handicapping, I go to nss.net and covers.com.

cj
12-25-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't bet sports other than horse racing, so I guess I'll give some of these a try. ESPN is ridiculous these days with the slow loading!

Tom
12-26-2004, 01:03 AM
CJ,
I'm seeing the same thing here at PA.....very slow going from page to page. When I post something, it is a looooong time uploading. Whole damn 'net is crawling lately. At least on RoadRunner. At work, things are snappy.