PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers in Bahgdad

Tom
12-23-2004, 08:39 PM
For the second year, WWE wrestlers are putting on a show in Iraq for our troops for Christmas. Picking up where Bob Hope left off.
Let's see, they are there two years in a row....Vinny Mac has now been to the Iraq war zone 2 times more than Kerry, Edwards, Michael Moore, Babs "the nose" Striesand, Bruce Sprinstien, etc, etc.
They got rocket attacked while they were there.
Nice thing to do for the troops. funny, you don't hear much about the Hollywierd crowd of guitar heads going over to help out.

sq764
12-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Tom
For the second year, WWE wrestlers are putting on a show in Iraq for our troops for Christmas. Picking up where Bob Hope left off.
Let's see, they are there two years in a row....Vinny Mac has now been to the Iraq war zone 2 times more than Kerry, Edwards, Michael Moore, Babs "the nose" Striesand, Bruce Sprinstien, etc, etc.
They got rocket attacked while they were there.
Nice thing to do for the troops. funny, you don't hear much about the Hollywierd crowd of guitar heads going over to help out.

...more than Dave Matthews, Susan Sarandon, Whoopi, Chevy Chase...

Pace Cap'n
12-23-2004, 11:17 PM
For a first-person account of the visit:

www.thequestingcat.com/blog/archives/00000066.html

Tom
12-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the link....sounds like the visit was aprreciated. Where are the Hollywierdos nowadays? During WWII and VietNam, and Korea, they lined up for the honor to go into war zones and entertain the troops. Today, they call scum like MM heros. MM is not fit to wipe Bob Hope's arse.

dav4463
12-26-2004, 01:16 AM
Letterman went.

Tom
12-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dav4463
Letterman went.

He's a stand up guy. Hats off to him.

Equineer
12-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Pace Cap'n,

The Jersey Cowboy was obviously delighted by the WWE troupe: "I figured we'd get some up-and-comers, maybe one big name, that's it. You can imagine my surprise when we got former champions, tough-enough winners, best-selling authors, and even the hottest ring announcer you could ever ask for! They were here for only a little while, but I'll have the memory forever."

Before his service in Iraq, Jersey Cowboy also revealed that he "matriculated from" the Jersey All-Pro Wrestling School in Bayonne and then pursued a postgraduate curriculum at the Monster Factory in south Jersey.

Can anyone tell me why the Jersey governor's scandal grabbed all the liberal headlines? What a shame... to my knowledge, only Fox News put together a story praising the New Jersey school system!

If you post to the QuestingCat blog, tell Jersey Cowboy that his pals Peter Pumper, J. T. Loner, and Little Dixie were green with envy to learn that he got to spend some quality time with Big Show, Dude Love, and Miss Jackie.

See the JAP homepage for Pumper, Loner, and Dixie (http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Rapids/5618/).