PDA

View Full Version : SARATOGA 2005

Storm Cadet
12-23-2004, 06:34 PM
7 months to go...for the guys who have gone the past years...quick question...are we going to stay in the cabins at the Lake again or are we going to look for a house rental closer to the town?

I was on the Saratoga real estate site this past week to check out prices and available options...I don't know what we pay the couple that owns the cabins...can anyone enlighten me on to what their prices are?

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-23-2004, 06:45 PM
http://whisperingpinesctgs.com/

Buddha
12-23-2004, 06:56 PM
http://www.whisperingpinesctgs.com/cottages.htm

What kind of prices are you finding?

Storm Cadet
12-23-2004, 08:36 PM
They are all over the scale...I know it's early but I'm wondering what the total amount Suff paid the Whispering Pines people...what it comes out to for a week. Would it be cheaper to get a place in town, say a large house for the week? Might save on gas driving to a from track each day.

Buddha
12-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I dont know for sure, but I think in the neighborhood of $600 a week, barring any Suff specials that he may get ;) that $600ish is good for 3-4 people

the little guy
12-23-2004, 11:24 PM
I was there last weekend....It was f'n cold!

Suff
12-25-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm actually thininking of moving this year. Something withing walking distance to downtown and teh track. This was 5 years in a row at WP for me..

It might be time for a change. I'm thinking a HOUSE...a rental// fora month 8-1 t0 8-31... Somewhere in the neighbpprhood of 5-7 grand.

I think I'm going to drive up in Feb and make somne local cotacts.

Storm Cadet
12-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Suff...I was thinking the same...I enjoyed the WP last summer but it makes more sense for me to be near the track...with AM workouts and then race card in the afternoon. I went on the rental sites this week and there are lots listed. I was going to do the same drive up there and meet with a realator. I'm going to bring my family there for 1 week, but count me in for splitting rent for the month!

the little guy
12-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Suff
I'm actually thininking of moving this year. Something withing walking distance to downtown and teh track. This was 5 years in a row at WP for me..

It might be time for a change. I'm thinking a HOUSE...a rental// fora month 8-1 t0 8-31... Somewhere in the neighbpprhood of 5-7 grand.

I think I'm going to drive up in Feb and make somne local cotacts. It's pretty unlikely you're going to find a house within walking distance to downtown and the track that cheap. I have a small two bedroom apartment that fits those conditions and it doesn't cost a lot less.

But, you never know. Good luck.

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Check this out

http://www.saratoga.com/summer-rental/

Figman
12-28-2004, 01:09 PM
The house in the ad is closer than Whispering Pines....but it ain't within walking distance of the track. Jone Rd. is north of the Wilton Mall which is north of Saratoga I-87 exit 15.

John
01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
How about this one....

Saratoga Springs Vacation Rental
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. Sleeps 8. Children welcome.

United States > New York > Saratoga Spring

Description
This 4 bedroom townhome has views of Saratoga lake from every room. The best townhome in Water's Edge, closest to the water. See website www.saratogalakelodging.com

Amenities
Full total amenites, whirlpool, fireplace, walk-out deck overlooking lake,walking distance to in-door and out-door pool,sandy beach, tennis racketball and much much more!!!!

Nearby Attractions
1.5 miles to Saratoga Race Track....seasonal rentals available.

Payment Methods Accepted
Cash, M/C and Visa.....pricing on request 518-644-2554

Deposits
50% non-refundable deposit.

Fees & Taxes
7.25%

Contact Information
Please say "I saw your listing at RENTALO" when contacting the property owner or manager.
Name: Joe Silipigno
Phone: 518-644-2554
Rentalo ID: 57391

Storm Cadet
01-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Right in the first line, nothing available once the racing season starts...already rented! :(