PDA

View Full Version : Free Data Base Query for Machine learning

wiretowire68
02-14-2022, 03:58 PM
I have been doing alot of research in terms on AI and machine Learning for my project using google sheets right now in terms of of above mentioned. I have found out that Google sheets does incorporate add-ons in its program in terms of predictive models similar to Excel. It does not have a Neural predictor specific to horse racing the Excel does in Neural Predictor and its Cluster Add on.
I feel like I am all over the place as I continue to muddle in my different projects in terms of my own black box. No wonder I feel like just scrapping it all and go back to my Valuecapper and pay for it monthly. I see now with Google clound and other data based websites that there are websites dedicated to uploading huge amounts of data for machine learning. I came across Kaggle which is free however, there is data there that does not support what I am trying to do. Of course there is the expermentation of taking pdf files and converting to csv but same old problem with data like every thing else, its ok to copy into your files but code stops you from importing huge amounts to machine learn. Just looking for places where there is free data for horse racing and specifically the U.S. Most of the data that you get is Hong Kong or U.K. based. At least there they offer up for free for the gamblers and horseplayers. here no wonder racing is dying because they constantly want you to pay.

Kbatch57
02-14-2022, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that is the main issue with Horse Racing. The lack of free data. I am sure that there are some Forum members who are scraping data from various sources.

QuickHorse used free data that could be processed and exported to various formats. Unfortunately, a lot of the information that is contained in the Brisnet and HDW files was missing from the free data.

Since the death of Mike Groves, I am not sure what the future is for QuickHorse and QuickDog.