PDA

View Full Version : Arafat's money

lsbets
12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Interesting link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6749443/

It says Arafat had about $799 million in foreign investments. Not bad for a guy whose only job for the last 30 years has been terrorist thug. I wonder how much of our aid money ended up in his pocket instead of going to help the Palestinian people.

so.cal.fan
12-23-2004, 11:44 AM
$799 million?
That's pretty disgraceful when you see how impoverished those people in Palestine are.

lsbets
12-23-2004, 12:11 PM
What's really disgraceful is how many people on the far left fringe, in both America and Europe, glorified the man and treated him as some kind of hero. I've said for a long time that Arafat's agenda was continued hostility so that he could milk his cash cow, and that peace was not in his best interests. Most of the people who said that were dismissed as "neo con wingnuts" to quote some of our friends on this board, but it seems that we were right. One of the most sickening pictures I ever saw was Arafat standing on the White House lawn with the President of the United States. He was a thug and a criminal, plain and simple.

ljb
12-23-2004, 05:17 PM
First let me say Arafat was a pos. Now, does anyone have the amount of money held by the Princes in Saudi ? They have a mass of poverty stricken humanity also.