PDA

View Full Version : Senator Joe Biden on Meet the Press

ljb
12-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Sen. Joe Biden jogs our memory on Meet the Press yesterday:

"I'm going to get in trouble with my colleagues here, but the fact of the matter is from the very beginning, the Pentagon civilian leadership believed this [war] could be done much cheaper, with many fewer troops and much more quickly. Almost all of the outside experts left and right said that wasn't possible. So we started off with a significant deficit. ... On your program before the election, I said to you that they were going to call for an additional 12,000 to 20,000 troops before this election came up. The President, the secretary of defense, everybody said, "Absolutely not. We have all the troops we need." Day after the election---bang!---12,000 more troops. Everybody knows the truth. The truth is we have not armed these kids well enough. ... That's part of the reason why I believe, in addition to the war, people aren't signing up [to enlist]."
Seems like Joe wasn't snowed under. ;)

sq764
12-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Sen. Joe Biden jogs our memory on Meet the Press yesterday:

"I'm going to get in trouble with my colleagues here, but the fact of the matter is from the very beginning, the Pentagon civilian leadership believed this [war] could be done much cheaper, with many fewer troops and much more quickly. Almost all of the outside experts left and right said that wasn't possible. So we started off with a significant deficit. ... On your program before the election, I said to you that they were going to call for an additional 12,000 to 20,000 troops before this election came up. The President, the secretary of defense, everybody said, "Absolutely not. We have all the troops we need." Day after the election---bang!---12,000 more troops. Everybody knows the truth. The truth is we have not armed these kids well enough. ... That's part of the reason why I believe, in addition to the war, people aren't signing up [to enlist]."
Seems like Joe wasn't snowed under. ;)

Joe wouldn't happen to be a Democrat would he??

(Actually, you guys would get along well. He always came into this bar near us after golfing.. He's a massive pompous ass who loves to hear himself talk... Perfect match)

formula_2002
12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
There remains the unwillingness of the charimen to come to grips with reality, although Lugar seems to have a least one of his feet on the ground.

If they don't get the proper amounts of troops in there now, the situation will completely crumble.

formula_2002
12-20-2004, 12:43 PM
WASHINGTON (Dec. 20) -- President Bush pointedly acknowledged Monday that U.S.-trained Iraqi troops are not ready to take over their country's security, and cautioned that next month's elections there are only the beginning of a long process toward democracy.

Perhaps he's getting it!!

Secretariat
12-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by formula_2002
WASHINGTON (Dec. 20) -- President Bush pointedly acknowledged Monday that U.S.-trained Iraqi troops are not ready to take over their country's security, and cautioned that next month's elections there are only the beginning of a long process toward democracy.

Perhaps he's getting it!!

Formula,

I think he "got" it all along. Now informing the American Public pre-election, now that's a different story.

btw..PA, I've been impressed with some of your sponsored links lately. Especially the anti-Bush T-shirt one.

JustRalph
12-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Joe is pissed because he was going to be Sec. of Defense or Sec of State under Kerry...........now he continues his role as just another blow hard Senator...........from one of the smallest states in the union.............

formula_2002
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
JustRalph

I just sent your avatar over to my grandkids..
(Chaulk one up for yourself:)

PS
they are both 7 and 9 year old solid republicans

toetoe
12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
don't know about the perfect match part, but i can verify biden is a massive pompous ass. isn't that a prerequisite for election?

Secretariat
12-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by toetoe
don't know about the perfect match part, but i can verify biden is a massive pompous ass. isn't that a prerequisite for election?

Could be...apparently one has just been elected.

sq764
12-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Could be...apparently one has just been elected.

Man are you posts getting lame..

Secretariat
12-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Man are you posts getting lame..

Excuse me...my posts are getting lame?

Here's one of your gems from this thread:

"(Actually, you guys would get along well. He always came into this bar near us after golfing.. He's a massive pompous ass who loves to hear himself talk... Perfect match)"

Very provocative....and enlightening.

sq764
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Excuse me...my posts are getting lame?

Here's one of your gems from this thread:

"(Actually, you guys would get along well. He always came into this bar near us after golfing.. He's a massive pompous ass who loves to hear himself talk... Perfect match)"

Very provocative....and enlightening.

At least I included some factual information..

Secretariat
12-20-2004, 09:10 PM
At least I included some factual information..

As did I.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 09:45 PM
btw..PA, I've been impressed with some of your sponsored links lately. Especially the anti-Bush T-shirt one.

I hope you click on it!

Equineer
12-21-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by SQ764,
He always came into this bar near us after golfing.. He's a massive pompous ass who loves to hear himself talk...I suppose the size of Delaware excuses a caddy shack located within earshot of the bar. :)

sq764
12-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Equineer
I suppose the size of Delaware excuses a caddy shack located within earshot of the bar. :)

Wow, insulting my state of residence, that's a new one..

JustRalph
12-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Wow, insulting my state of residence, that's a new one..

I think she was calling you a caddy..........but who the hell knows anymore.........

sq764
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
I think she was calling you a caddy..........but who the hell knows anymore......... I knew there was some sort of insult attempt in there, but her writing is like trying to figure out what my dog wants when he barks at me.

Equineer
12-21-2004, 12:34 PM
The dog and I see eye to eye, and I'm sure Senator Biden would agree... you are fortunate to have such a remarkably patient dog!

sq764
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
The dog and I see eye to eye, and I'm sure Senator Biden would agree... you are fortunate to have such a remarkably patient dog!

Don't insult my dog by saying you 2 are on the same level.. He has the ability to have a neutral thought every once in a while. You should learn from him..

ljb
12-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Eq,
Quit lobbing those curves at sq. It is obvious he can't even see them let alone hit them. :D :D :D

sq764
12-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Eq,
Quit lobbing those curves at sq. It is obvious he can't even see them let alone hit them. :D :D :D

I have to admit LJB, when I am feeling down or discouraged with something, I come on the PA and read some of your posts.. At that point, I remind myself how fortunate I am to be an intelligent human being, and it reminds me to be more tolerant of your kind. It's not your fault that you're the way you are.

ljb
12-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Sq,
If you really want to be inspired, you should check out the bible thread being conducted by the reverend Boxcar. He is currently holding a revival, tent and all. The reverend Boxcar will spout SELECTED verses from the bible to instill fear and/or faith in his followers. I have heard next week he will be opening his box of snakes so you might want to get your reservation in early. Like all tvevangelists, the reverend Boxcar will accept credit cards so don't worry if you are short of cash.
Another reason to get in on this quick is, the reverend Boxcar only holds these revivals in the winter. In the summer months he goes back to his regular job as a carney barker selling snake oil and other healing condiments.

sq764
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Sq,
If you really want to be inspired, you should check out the bible thread being conducted by the reverend Boxcar. He is currently holding a revival, tent and all. The reverend Boxcar will spout SELECTED verses from the bible to instill fear and/or faith in his followers. I have heard next week he will be opening his box of snakes so you might want to get your reservation in early. Like all tvevangelists, the reverend Boxcar will accept credit cards so don't worry if you are short of cash.
Another reason to get in on this quick is, the reverend Boxcar only holds these revivals in the winter. In the summer months he goes back to his regular job as a carney barker selling snake oil and other healing condiments.

I think your sermons on why Kerry will win and Bush will lose were plenty to inspire me... You were right on with that one!

Tom
12-21-2004, 09:27 PM

That's not his eye!

toetoe
12-21-2004, 10:08 PM
there is no 'i' in tom. even a blnd pg sees that.