PDA

View Full Version : My Money and where I bet it.

Suff
12-19-2004, 04:59 PM
If I discover NYRA management has cooperated with Political Henchman in order to protect thier Cash Cow. I'll speak with my feet and walk.

ys after state troopers dispatched by N.Y. State Attorney General Elliott Spitzer "raided" Aqueduct in an investigation said to involve jockeys' weights, the New York Racing Association revealed yesterday that a heads-up to the AG from "senior people" at NYRA itself initiated the well-publicized raid, which generated news reports that another scandal was brewing at the beleaguered association.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/36738.htm

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure I understand your point. If NYRA discovers wrongdoing and alerts the proper authorities, you disagree that this is the proper course of action?

Dancer's Image
12-19-2004, 08:29 PM
IF?

The article you posted confirms they did...no IF about it. But like PA, I'm confused why you disagree with this action?

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Actually, my choice of the word IF is not SPECIFIC to this incident, although it could be. It is a general term, used for this incident, and ANY FUTURE incidents.

Thanks, and back to the point......

Dancer's Image
12-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Actually, my question was addressed to Suff...

andicap
12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Suff,

Don't understand your point either. Spitzer is one of the good guys. (to you, not the others around here.) Sure he's political, but isn't every attorney general?

Storm Cadet
12-20-2004, 12:38 PM
As with the NCAA and NYRA...it's ALWAYS better to self-report violation uncovered by in house staff then to have the outsiders come into your house and investigate.

Take it from me at St John's...you DON"T want to have the FEDS or State people coming in like the NCAA did to us!

Self report...declare your penalty...make the necessary changes to protect same stuff doesn't happen again...and take your medicine whatever they dish out!;)

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Dancer's Image
Actually, my question was addressed to Suff...

You are entirely correct, however, you can see why I might have jumped the gun. My apologies kind sir!

John
12-20-2004, 03:02 PM
If investigators have search warrants for Aqueduct, Saratoga and Belmont Park. They must have a good reason. I think when you are on the top of the totem pole everyone wants to look in your house.

I think Suff, feels NYRA should clean their own house and not
out-source.

John

Dancer's Image
12-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
You are entirely correct, however, you can see why I might have jumped the gun. My apologies kind sir!

No PA, I can't see how you thought I was addressing you when I posted this...

IF?

The article you posted confirms they did...no IF about it. But like PA, I'm confused why you disagree with this action?

...first of all, you didn't post an article, Suff did. And second, I referenced you in the third person when addressing Suff in the second person. The only thing I can think of is that you were so flabbergasted to have me agreeing with you that it temporarily confused you. But no apology necessary. I just wish Suff would answer us both.

Kindly yours,
DI

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by John
I think Suff, feels NYRA should clean their own house and not
out-source.

John

This is absolutely the WORST idea anyone could have come up with!

Imagine if NYRA tried to deal with this new "weight" scandal in-house, and word leaked out.....NYRA would have been charged with a COVER UP and all hell would have broken loose.

The current situation gives NYRA no CHANCE to do ANYTHING in-house. EVERYTHING that does not pass the "smell test" MUST go through the court appointed monitor...that's just the way things are, until NYRA is released from this 'probation' period....

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 09:36 PM
No PA, I can't see how you thought I was addressing you when I posted this...

Well then, I am in awe to meet the first 100% perfect human.....

Dancer's Image
12-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Well then, I am in awe to meet the first 100% perfect human.....

PA,
You have some serious reading comprehension issues; you have misread every post of mine in this thread. I never said I was perfect. I was only responding to your attempt to read my mind when you said, " however, you can see why I might have jumped the gun." Honestly, I couldn't, and I said so. That is far different than stating that I am 100% perfect. Let me be perfectly honest some more, you aggravate the hell outta me, even when you apologize you have that rare ability to irritate rather than appease. Must be a NY thing. Merry Christmas

andicap
12-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Dancers Image/PA

You're both a bunch of loony tunes on this one. About the silliest spat I've seen on this board.

PA: There's no way in heck he was addressing you considering he wrote "The article you posted" to start off the thread.

Second, you could have defused the whole thing after Dancer's Image said "no apology necessary. I just wish Suff would answer the damn thing." DI was trying to explain why he thought it was silly that you believed his original message was oriented toward you. YOU WERE being silly and he was trying to end it in a friendly fashion and re-direct the thread where it belongs -- back toward Suff and his inscrutable original message.

DANCER: You took much too much umbrage in PA's misinterpreation of your original note. He's human and obviously scanned the note too quickly and not very carefully. He saw his name and responded. Not a smart thing to do, but we've all made such mistakes on this board-- and much worse. PA has never claimed he's perfect and he apologized very nicely, I thought.
"My apologies kind sir" should have been the end of it.
Your response to him after that was unwarranted and snide and escalated the dispute. So he made a mistake! Drop it.

Now where's Suff? I still don't understand why he's upset that NYRA is cooperating with authorities? What was NYRA supposed to do when it discovered the problem or was contacted -- cover it up?

Dancer's Image
12-21-2004, 12:44 PM
andicap wrote...

"DANCER: You took much too much umbrage in PA's misinterpreation of your original note. He's human and obviously scanned the note too quickly and not very carefully. He saw his name and responded. Not a smart thing to do, but we've all made such mistakes on this board-- and much worse. PA has never claimed he's perfect and he apologized very nicely, I thought.
"My apologies kind sir" should have been the end of it.
Your response to him after that was unwarranted and snide and escalated the dispute. So he made a mistake! Drop it."

I took much too much umbrage at PA's misinterpretation of my original note? I posted..."Actually, my question was addressed to Suff...". If you consider that "much too much umbrage" you are out of your mind.

I never said any apology was necessary, in fact I said just the opposite, nor did I imply that any apology was necessary, I simply corrected PA's mistake. He chose to apologize and that would have been the end of it had he not felt the need to speak for me by adding, " however, you can see why I might have jumped the gun." I honestly can't see why and neither can you as you posted this..."PA: There's no way in heck he was addressing you considering he wrote "The article you posted" to start off the thread." So it's okay for you to point that out but when I say it I'm "loony tunes"? I actually tried to defuse the situation by jokingly adding, "The only thing I can think of is that you were so flabbergasted to have me agreeing with you that it temporarily confused you". And for that PA accuses me of saying that I'm 100% perfect! I never said that, but I will say that I can read and I can comprehend what I read which is more than I can say for you and your buddy PA. I realize that you know PA personally and I admire someone who defends his friends but you make yourself look stupid when you accuse me of "much too much umbrage" and saying my response was "unwarranted and snide" when you made the exact same response!

I know you're an aspiring writer, maybe you should have me proof-read your copy since you have these reading comprehension issues?

azibuck
12-21-2004, 02:21 PM
What do you call it when someone has to have the last word? When they should have dropped it three posts ago?

JustRalph
12-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I know you're an aspiring writer, maybe you should have me proof-read your copy since you have these reading comprehension issues?

did you have to throw that in? This shows that you are just looking for a fight. I believe Andi is considered a professional writer.................you are off base here. Just looking to dig something up.........to start a little fight. You are treading into troll territory................

Tom
12-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Glad to see so much Christmas spirit here this week!:rolleyes:

NoDayJob
12-22-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Glad to see so much Christmas spirit here this week!:rolleyes:

:D Old Weller 110 barrel proof? :D

NDJ

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Hey, how about we get back to the subject....Suff, we're waiting!

(There, how's that for defused?)

Storm Cadet
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
But he called me this past week and he's back working all hours and not getting to his computer that much...

John
12-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Suff [ Mike ] is overseeing a big construction job in South Boston that is non-stop. He aspect's to work a lot of hours. I called him several this week and he is not there. You might have to wait until the Holiday is over to hear from him.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

JOHN

azibuck
12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
How dare you presume we wanted this defused?

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2004, 02:47 PM
That's a good one azibuck! :D :D

John
12-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi John,

My initial post caused a ruckus in this forum back in September I had to go to the mattresses for a while until the heat cooled....

The NYRA....the fish stinks from the head....many more things in this sport need to be gutted and cleaned for the sport to start to go into the other direction and grow....

However, I strongly and firmly believe there is only a handful of bad apples that give the fans a perception that most are no good!
That includes a handful of management, trainers, jocks and owners....but of course like any other profession there is a wall of silence....(see NYPD or any other police Department) Most people in all professions are hard working good people but the stigma of being a rat keeps the good quiet....while the bad have their way!!

Now that's my perception!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

Mike

Suff
12-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Dancers Image/PA

Now where's Suff? I still don't understand why he's upset that NYRA is cooperating with authorities? What was NYRA supposed to do when it discovered the problem or was contacted -- cover it up?

Nyra Is complicit with the wieght issues facing Jockeys. Are they not aware that the Bathrooms have a "heave" stall"? at all NYRA locations.?

My Point isn't that jockey has weigt issues and do in fact use creaive ways to get weight eligible. My Point is that is that the easist way to find fault is with the "working Class",,,,

If NYRA really wanted to straighten the ship... they start somewheer else besides the bottom. Some poor scmucck who is siiting in a sauna for 4 hours a day.. and heaving 3 meals a day just so he can ride? Thats the guy we need to start with? Thats the "RAID" we need".. huh?

All the shit always starts at the bottom!. IMHO.. If you want to straighten away a few things at NYRA... the least place to start would be at the scale.

But... If you can appease Gertner & Gerner by tossing the jockys under the bus//// Thats ok right?

I can think of 100 ways that NYRA could improve the intregrity of thier product... But instead of going in any of those directions... They goe the easy way. Jockey wieghts.

Suff
12-25-2004, 11:43 PM
its like alot of construction jobs I manage. Silly ass Lobbyist makes a Phone call and bills the GC for 35 Grand. Then when Shit gets tight... Its the $33.00 an hour Iron Worker thats costing the Job its Profitabiity/

its always the little guy...The working stiff. The guy risking his life everyday/

Further... as I said. Its my Money. If I think they're stiffing the rank and file little guy , based on the sole premise of holdling onto the Franschise///

Then , In my world.. Thats makes them NO GOOD DIRTY RAT BASTARDS>

And I'll roll out.

Dancer's Image
12-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Well Suff, that takes us full circle to your first post where you said, words to the effect, that if you found NYRA was cooperating with the AG's office just to keep their contract, that you would not bet there anymore. And both PA and I wondered why, because the NYRA, through their court ordered special oversight committee, is doing just that, cooperating with the AG. Now I admit that it doesn't seem like a big deal, after all, jockeys are allowed to ride overweight as long as it is announced. But just like Watergate and Clintongate and most other scandals, it's not so much the act as the cover-up. The act in this case is the jockey riding over his announced weight; let's see what they discover to be the cover-up, it may be nothing. But whatever they find, I wouldn't worry too much about the poor working stiff jockeys. The ones who are cheating on their weights are taking rides away from other jockeys who can make the weight. And even though it seems like a small thing to have the wrong weight announced and/or listed for the jockey, it is the true little guys ie. the bettors, who are getting stiffed.
But I support your right to vote with your pocketbook and take your wagers elsewhere. Merry Christmas
DI (the world's first 100% perfect person)