PDA

View Full Version : I think we now know what to get LJB and Sec for Xmas

sq764
12-19-2004, 09:31 AM
...a subscription to Time magazine???

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/19/time.moy.bush.reut/index.html

ljb
12-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Thank you so much for thinking of me at this time of year.

Do you remember which year Adolph Hitler was Time's "Man of the year"?
I think it was in the early 1940s but don't know for sure, perhaps someone could help with this.

sq764
12-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ljb

I think it was in the early 1940s but don't know for sure, perhaps someone could help with this.

It was 1938

wes
12-19-2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/coversearch?&year=1938

wes

JustRalph
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Magazines. What the hell do they know. They make these picks to sell mags.

1971 Motor Trend Car of the Year

any idea?

http://crazyjerry.com/posters/1972_Chevy_Vega_1_lrg.jpg

Tom
12-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Let's put Osama on the cover of Sports Illustrated and then we will find him for sure.:D

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ljb

Good going ljb. Of all the honorable, decent, and successful people who have been named Person of the Year by Time Magazine, you go and pick Hitler as an example.

And that's why I will always say that you, and people like you, are dark, brooding souls who look to the negative whenever possible, especially when it will fit your political or ideological views.

Always posting the bad, and never the good.

Have fun!

toetoe
12-19-2004, 08:32 PM
sq., look @ the third paragraph. gbush sr. won same award for, among other things, his wavering(sic) domestic record. please no cracks about wjc & HIS domestics.

toetoe
12-19-2004, 08:37 PM
tom, your post reminds me of the old gag. the connection here: if we could get obladen down on the tundra @ philadelphia, vinny could overthrow him. oh, yes he could! he can overthrow ANYBODY. apologies to mark wilson, first strongarmed strongman to be butt of this "joke."

ljb
12-20-2004, 06:12 AM
PA,
Did i hurt your feelings ? So sorry. You may note the subject matter here. Sec and I were singled out as possible recipiants of Time magazine. This was an obvious attempt to "rub our noses in it".
When attacked I do fight back.
I mentioned Hitler as being Time's man of the year because he was a charismatic leader who convinced the majority of his country to follow him in an attempt to eliminate an entire religious group.
You do the math!

sq764
12-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ljb
PA,
Did i hurt your feelings ? So sorry. You may note the subject matter here. Sec and I were singled out as possible recipiants of Time magazine. This was an obvious attempt to "rub our noses in it".
When attacked I do fight back.
I mentioned Hitler as being Time's man of the year because he was a charismatic leader who convinced the majority of his country to follow him in an attempt to eliminate an entire religious group.
You do the math!

Boy we are mighty touchy these days aren't we.. I guess getting smoked at the polls time after time puts you in quite a sensitive state of mind.... I will be more compassionate to your kind from here on out..

lsbets
12-20-2004, 10:30 AM
ljb,

You crack me up. When you single me out in a thread title, it is merely to share information, but when sq does it to you it is insulting and an attempt to rub your nose in it. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

ljb
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Whatever?

sq764
12-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Whatever?

Yeah, LJB, I only posted it as my 'civic duty'...

Secretariat
12-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Actually, I collect these so it would be a nice Christmas gift.

I wasn't sure I could stomach buying this years.

I have Hitler from 38 and Kruschev from 57 and even Ayatullah Khomenini from 79. I don't have the two Stalin ones from 39 and 42. It's hard to get the ones where someone was selected twice such as Stalin. GW has become a collectable now.

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Einstein, Clinton (lol, one and a half times), Pope John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, Martin Luther King Jr, John F. Kennedy, Eisenhower (Twice), Churchill......all names you fail to mention....

MO is intact at least....

Tom
12-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Yeah, LJB, I only posted it as my 'civic duty'...

ROTFLMAO!
Great comeback!

BTW....what's wrong with a little nose rubbing?

sq764
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom
ROTFLMAO!
Great comeback!

Tom, how quickly you forget about the poor losers we are dealing with

JustRalph
12-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Tom

Oh no...........did LJB do it on the floor again?

ljb
12-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Karl Rove got screwed by Time Magazine. He deserved that Man of the Year award after selling this lemon to the American people.

JustRalph
12-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Karl Rove got screwed by Time Magazine. He deserved that Man of the Year award after selling this lemon to the American people.

still smarting huh? I thought you were going to go away after the election..........please, just go away...............you embarrassed yourself enough rooting for Kerry every day for 6 months........

ljb
12-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh but I can't leave now. My efforts are beggining to show progress. Just check out the latest approval ratings for your guy. Word out is he will have the lowest approval rating of any president in history when he is inaugarated. Don't blame me, I voted for Gore and Kerry!!:D :D :D

toetoe
12-21-2004, 07:36 PM
ljb, i don't blame you, i pity you. why crow about backing those old warhorses? i don't mean just because they lost. bush is nothing special, just hired help like always. but can't the dems show me something original? or why not even step out & vote regardless of party affiliation? jeez, now we're reduced to HA HA!! like nelson the bully on the simpsonians.

Tom
12-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Apprval ratings mean nothing. He won the only one that counted.

sq764
12-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Oh but I can't leave now. My efforts are beggining to show progress. Just check out the latest approval ratings for your guy. Word out is he will have the lowest approval rating of any president in history when he is inaugarated. Don't blame me, I voted for Gore and Kerry!!:D :D :D

What's Kerry's presidential approval rating, I can't seem to find it anywhere....help!

ljb
12-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Lottsa stuff you don't see sq.

sq764
12-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Lottsa stuff you don't see sq.

If I ever see the littany of lies and false hope that you dems see, kill me please