PDA

View Full Version : Wise men ?

ljb
12-18-2004, 09:59 PM
My three year old grandson asked me what those things were in a small nativity scene we have set up in our house. I first pointed to the baby Jesus and said "this is the baby Jesus" I then pointed at the three wise men and said, "these are the three wise men" He immediatly asked me "where are the wise girls? :confused:

so.cal.fan
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
That's pretty cute......that little boy will do okay in life.
;)

Tom
12-19-2004, 12:56 AM
Out of the mouths of babes!
I gotta know....how did you answer the question?
:D

ljb
12-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Well,
My house was filled with grandchildren and their parents. My first response was a laugh and then I said (stage whisper) there are no wise girls. The grandson had already moved on to the cow so he appeared not interested in my response. The men also chuckled at my response. The women said nothing. I did point out the mother Mary and what appears to be a female angel to the grandson just to let him know women were on the scene. I have posted the incident here as it seems to be thought provoking.

sq764
12-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ljb
Well,
My house was filled with grandchildren and their parents. My first response was a laugh and then I said (stage whisper) there are no wise girls. The grandson had already moved on to the cow so he appeared not interested in my response. The men also chuckled at my response. The women said nothing. I did point out the mother Mary and what appears to be a female angel to the grandson just to let him know women were on the scene. I have posted the incident here as it seems to be thought provoking.
You should have told him the wise women were back at home cooking and cleaning..

Of course with women in the house, that would have been a very brave response.

boxcar
12-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Actually, LJB, I'm surprised you didn't tell the young fella that the three wise men were all gay, and they traveled together because they were into threesomes. I would have thunk that you would have done the politically-correct thing in that situation. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

JustRalph
12-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
Actually, LJB, I'm surprised you didn't tell the young fella that the three wise men were all gay, and they traveled together because they were into threesomes. I would have thunk that you would have done the politically-correct thing in that situation. :rolleyes: Boxcar

The Progressive Thing to Do!

Equineer
12-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
Actually, LJB, I'm surprised you didn't tell the young fella that the three wise men were all gay, and they traveled together because they were into threesomes. I would have thunk that you would have done the politically-correct thing in that situation. :rolleyes:

Boxcar Insofar as you question the three wise men, you must be exceedingly suspicious of the Baker's Dozen. :rolleyes:

ljb
12-21-2004, 06:19 AM
from boxcar
"Actually, LJB, I'm surprised you didn't tell the young fella that the three wise men were all gay, and they traveled together because they were into threesomes. I would have thunk that you would have done the politically-correct thing in that situation.
Boxcar,
Your narrowminded biggotry is not becoming for one who proposes to understand the bible. Thank you for confirming my suspicions about you.

boxcar
12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
ljb wrote:

Your narrowminded biggotry is not becoming for one who proposes to understand the bible. Thank you for confirming my suspicions about you.

As it is written:

James 4:4
...do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
NAS

I have no friendship with the world or its vain philosophies. However, having said this, I am most tolerant of you; for I have never suggested that you be kicked off this board -- or even that you take your leave of us.

Heck...if you were to leave us, there would be one less person to which to poke some fun. And more than this, I'm not even sure the DUmmies site would even welcome you. Where would you go? What would you do? And upon whom would you wreak your mischief? ;)

Boxcar

ljb
12-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I get it now, you are one of them Jimmy Swaggert type preacher fellows. For shame, for shame.

toetoe
12-21-2004, 08:05 PM
well I think he's the most broadminded bigot (one g) EVER> so there.