PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated NBA player

Valuist
12-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Vince Carter.....in a landslide. He's a product of the ESPN generation; wonderful slam dunks still only count for 2 points. As for the rest of his game, 15.9 PPG, 41% FG%, 3.3 RPG are not all world or even All-Star numbers. Too bad he didn't get traded to the Knicks where he and Stephon Marbury could fight for shots and continue their status as 2 of the league's most selfish players.....probably have to put Kobe in that team picture as well.

sq764
12-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
Vince Carter.....in a landslide. He's a product of the ESPN generation; wonderful slam dunks still only count for 2 points. As for the rest of his game, 15.9 PPG, 41% FG%, 3.3 RPG are not all world or even All-Star numbers. Too bad he didn't get traded to the Knicks where he and Stephon Marbury could fight for shots and continue their status as 2 of the league's most selfish players.....probably have to put Kobe in that team picture as well.

Or to the Sixers where he and Iverson could shoot 700 times a game...

I hate basketball regardless, but to actually sit through a Sixers game and watch Iverson go 4 for 22 from the floor is just excrutiating... Where's Dr J, Andrew Tony and Moses Malone? Bring them back!

andicap
12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Man you guys are so right.

Marbury gets traded from the Nets and they reach the NBA Finals twice.
He gets traded from the Suns and they've got the best record in basketball the next year.

For my Knicks to win, they just have to trade Marbury!!

Nets needed Carter because no one comes to their games and they have to have a big name to compete with the Knicks for headlines and attention.
They didn't give up all that much except for the two draft picks, probably mid to early rounders.

I agree he won't do much for them as he's hurt all the time but at least if he's on the court there will be SOME excitement in NJ. Right now they are bad AND dull, an unforgivable sin in the New York area.

Also owner Bruce Ratner was under the gun to make a big splashy deal after not re-signing Kenyon Martin.

Problem is they have no frountcourt to speak of these days.

Valuist
12-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Hard to believe Marbury was traded for Jason Kidd. No question Marbury is talented, but he's just too selfish.

The best team to watch? IMO its Phoenix. Wherever Steve Nash goes, look for that team to light up the scoreboard.

sq764
12-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
Hard to believe Marbury was traded for Jason Kidd. No question Marbury is talented, but he's just too selfish.

The best team to watch? IMO its Phoenix. Wherever Steve Nash goes, look for that team to light up the scoreboard.

badmouthing Marbury?? Liking Nash?? RACIST!!!

Bubbles
12-20-2004, 02:59 PM
SQ, I hope that was an inside joke I didn't get. Marbury is a street player who has next to no fundamental skills. Nash has a great head on his shoulders, and knows when to pass and when to shoot. Hmm, a streetball guy or a good player? Give me Nash any day.

JustRalph
12-20-2004, 06:42 PM
All of them...............

Valuist
01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Toronto was 7-16 with Carter and is now 6-6 without him. Just more evidence...

ElKabong
01-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Nash has a great head on his shoulders, and knows when to pass and when to shoot. Hmm, a streetball guy or a good player? Give me Nash any day.

When the playoffs roll around, you'll want to give him back. He folds in April. Bibby owns him. The refs swallow their whistles and make em play some D...Nash gets abused every year in the playoffs & becomes a liabilty.

As for Valuists query, I pretty much agree w/ Ralph.

cj
01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
As far as Nash goes, you have to wonder when Cuban says "I just can't afford this guy!" :D

Valuist
01-11-2005, 03:51 PM
From 30 wins in 82 games to 30-4. Pretty impressive. I know there's a long way to go, but he's (Nash) the league MVP right now.

Valuist
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Phoenix with Nash starts 31-4. Then he gets hurt 11 minutes into a game and they lose. They then lose their next 2 games without him. Nash gets my vote if they voted on an MVP right now.